1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default End of contract

Hey guys. My contract for T-Mobile is about to end on April 26th. I have been contemplating getting this phone or the galaxy note. My question is, would I be able to get the discounted price of the one x when pre orders are available? Would that mean I would be phone- less until the phone comes out may 6? Also, if I picked up the note would it be possible to later change my mind and switch to the one x? I know there is a grace period of some sort but I am not exactly sure. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: End of contract

I think you have 15 days to return the phone and end contract without a penalty. You have 30 days to exchange a phone although it will cost you a $35 restocking fee and you can only do it once. So you could get the Note and then exchange it for the One X if you wanted to leave T Mobile on the 26th. I personally would pre order the One X and stay on T Mobile until May 6th and then switch to ATT. At that point you would then be prorated for the month.

ATT and Best Buy have 30 day return periods, so you could get the note and swap for the one x later. Best Buy doesn't have a restocking fee, but att does.

As far as being without a phone, that shouldn't be a problem because you should be able to continue your service with T-mobile until the 6th and pay only for a partial month. Call their customer service and they should be able to help you with that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the help guys. I have the galaxy note right now in white and I'm loving it so far. It feels good knowing that I have the option to exchange this phone for the one x when it comes out!

Switching carriers for phones isn't always a good idea. OP, what's wrong with T-Mobile's HTC One S?

Amazon has a low price guarantee and currently has the One X for $149 and the Note for $229.. No restocking fee, state taxes or shipping either.

As for my own situation, I want to wait until some of these units get out in the consumer's hands to learn what issues are going to come up. I have serious concerns about the battery and small storage since there's no microSD.. Am also concerned about how badly the camera lens will get scratched over time.