1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One X on Tmobile? Any word?

I got a chance to play around with an HTC one s from behind the counter in a T-Mo store Friday and was really impressed with almost everything about the phone, except for the screen. The phone is unnecessarily thin to me, 9mm would have been fine with a bigger battery and storage. The killer was that every time I opened the app launcher, the edges of the icons on that black background irked me. The pentile screen is just something I don't know if I can put up with. It really doesn't matter but knowing that I extended my contract for 2 more years and accepted that would get under my skin. I'm staying with t-mobile as I get a great rate on a multi-phone family plan and don't intend to buy out the early termination fee over something that is in a way splitting hairs. I'm using a G! right now as I broke my G2 and wasn't paying the insurance deductible for a refurb.

To the point - Does anyone have any word on a guess timeline for the HTC ONE X hitting t-mobile as the G4X beyond the rumors that surfaced in late February? Obviously that is the phone to have from HTC, and with that large but beautiful screen the thinness makes sense to improve the overall feel in hand. That's what I want, but if it isn't coming till late 3rd or 4th quarter I'm not sure I can wait. I prefer HTC build quality to Samsung, but the SAMOLED pentile display was a mistake. Another example of T-mobile, which is great service in my area, assuming we customers will accept second tier hardware.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: HTC One X on Tmobile? Any word?

G4X might be made by LG. The One X in it's current form will only work on Edge on T-Mobile.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    AOKP

Don't count on the One X coming to TMo. It seems both Verizon and TMo settled for some variant of the One S, with AT&T being the only to get the One X. I'm sure later in the year, as you mentioned, HTC will have top end phones coming to Verizon and TMo, but they will likely be somehow different, possibly incrementally better, and will not be the One X.

Rabble rabble rabble.

You should take a look at the Rogers version from canada. Supports the same bands as T-Mo and I'm fairly certain that as long as you unlock (and can also get it down here which is where Im running into trouble) then you can have the rogers one x for Tmo as well has have 4g but don't quote me on it, just delve deeper and find out then post your results haha.

I hate at&t

Will in fact the Rogers version fully work on Tmobile? I see the Tmobile bands are on that phone but the 1700 band is listed as LTE, not HSPA. So are we back to the same issue as with the international version, only edge speeds for data? Or is there 3g for data? I can't see any HSPA+ speeds without the 1700 band being listed as HSPA, or AWS. I am certainly no expert on these things so if I'm mistaken please correct.

I really hope this does come to TMob in some iteration. I played with one briefly at an ATT store and it's a sweet phone. Thought I would be turned off by the white but didn't mind it, though I still prefer grey.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Lame. The lg g4x sounds great in theory, but after the g2x I'm not sure I want to be that guinea pig.

Agreed. Don't want another LG. If TMO doesn't get a one x variant then I'll be hoping they get a Samsung G III and it is as good as hyped. It will be hard to match the looks of the One X though.

Quote Originally Posted by swebb View Post
    Will in fact the Rogers version fully work on Tmobile? I see the Tmobile bands are on that phone but the 1700 band is listed as LTE, not HSPA. So are we back to the same issue as with the international version, only edge speeds for data? Or is there 3g for data? I can't see any HSPA+ speeds without the 1700 band being listed as HSPA, or AWS. I am certainly no expert on these things so if I'm mistaken please correct.

I really hope this does come to TMob in some iteration. I played with one briefly at an ATT store and it's a sweet phone. Thought I would be turned off by the white but didn't mind it, though I still prefer grey.
    Well see this is where I also get confused. I was unsure if as long as the phone has the capabilities of the bands used for tmo and actually uses those bands for its service on another provider (at&t had the bands shut off so it's phones couldn't use them on a rival service), if then it wouldn't matter what bands are listed for what and that the phone would just use the bands as long as its unlocked. My friends boss owns a wireless cell service company so I was gonna ask what's factual.

The one X is seriously the phone that is me, I've been searching for a hell of a long time to find the perfect phone that Im willing to buy no contract and T mobile has just totally dropped the ball. I might just have to give up an get the S3 if the guy tells me that the rogers phone will not do 3g on tmo.

F'in sucks dude

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ROM

I have been rocking a N1 for the last 2+ years and after looking at the One X at a att store the One S does not seem to mach up, I cant in good faith use a samsung something about the feel just does vibe well., I really hope that HTC brings a flagship phone to Tmobile some time soon, or if this Rogers import will work I would like to know,

Maybe after the 6 month exclusivity period that ATT has on the One X ends, will the One X make its way to T-Mobile.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

If u want a new htc on tmo then its the one s if u want the x go to att virgin mobile is getting the one v if uveant that go to virgin or boost the same with sprint and the evolte

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Mellimel22; 05-02-2012 at 01:09 AM.

i dont think they will release the one x on t moble.. doesnt make sense????

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

If they drop the amaze and sell the one s as their mid level HTC phone I could totally see them getting the one x but I doubt it

sent from my iPride 5G
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Unhappy Re: HTC One X on Tmobile? Any word?

my opinion, ONE s is not worth any 2 year contract or any type of contract with T-Mobile.
    If they don't bring in the ONE X, they will continue losing customers big time. No one really cares for the ONE s. Everyone is out for the ONE X and I hope T-Mobile will bring it in sooner if they really care to keep their customers.

I have not seen anything up to date concerning if T-Mobile in bringing HTC One X. My opinion, "ONE S" is not worth any 2 year contract or any type of contract with T-Mobile. If they don't bring in the ONE X, they will continue losing customers big time. No one really cares for the ONE S. Everyone is out for the ONE X and I hope T-Mobile will bring it in sooner if they really care to keep their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by char ace View Post
    I have not seen anything up to date concerning if T-Mobile in bringing HTC One X. My opinion, "ONE S" is not worth any 2 year contract or any type of contract with T-Mobile. If they don't bring in the ONE X, they will continue losing customers big time. No one really cares for the ONE S. Everyone is out for the ONE X and I hope T-Mobile will bring it in sooner if they really care to keep their customers.
    I think you are selling the One S short. The only tangible difference between the S and the X is the display. You get the same amazing camera, the same Sense, and the same (not amazing) storage. Battery life is better than the One X because of the less demanding display. My wife has the S and I've played with the X at an ATT store. There is no difference in smoothness or speed that I noticed. And it has a smaller form factor, which some people prefer. It is arguably the top current T-Mobile phone. Only real competition is the SG2. I would like the X to come to TMob but don't sell the S short.