Picked up my New AT&T One X today

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
haha you really have a way of keeping us salivated for the phone. But I guess it's close to nigh, like a week's time you guys will be finally breaking the HTC one X in?

BodegaBay

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks great varsity. That Post-it note is classic.

Despite today's news of the Google Play store selling the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus for $400, I'm still keen on going with the One X as my first Android device.

Reactions: varsityhacker

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks great varsity. That Post-it note is classic.

Despite today's news of the Google Play store selling the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus for $400, I'm still keen on going with the One X as my first Android device.

I think a smart choice going with the One X over the Nexus LTE is worth it alone if you are in a LTE area like I am.

I think at lunch I will head over to a Verizon store and compare my One X to the Nexus. I can't wait to see the faces on the sales reps at Verizon when I pull my phone out should be fun ;)

pkinneavy

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
from what i've heard from my at&t rep friend the fact that its only 16gb on board is a non-seller. when you factor in ICS and Sense 4 he told me there ends up being only about 9-10 gb available. i think im holding out to see what the Galaxy S3 is going to be like before deciding on my next phone.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
from what i've heard from my at&t rep friend the fact that its only 16gb on board is a non-seller. when you factor in ICS and Sense 4 he told me there ends up being only about 9-10 gb available. i think im holding out to see what the Galaxy S3 is going to be like before deciding on my next phone.

9.7 to be exact.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Surprised I am the first one to ask, but can you post up some battery usage details when you get a chance? I'm interested to see how it performs versus the international version which seems to do quite well in terms of getting a "days" use.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Space left over for apps etc. is 2.21 GB's Internal and 9.93 GB's for Phone storage. So far I have used 513 MB's and have 4 pages of Apps. I also have 25.75 GB's of storage on Dropbox for pictures, videos, docs etc. For me more then enough, although I do think they should offer the option of 32 Gb's for extra money like the IPhone.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OP: How is the signal, data speeds on HSPA+ and LTE? Thanks

Signal seems better then my SG2 Skyrocket. Data speeds are excellent so far with speedtest, just ran and got 59ms ping 26843 kbs and 23405 kbs up. So very quick, my best down has been 30849 kbs. I seem to get a more consistent data speed with the One X over the SG2 Skyrocket. Although the SG2 Skyrocket seem to top out higher with some in the 40 mbs range which I haven't seen with the One X.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Surprised I am the first one to ask, but can you post up some battery usage details when you get a chance? I'm interested to see how it performs versus the international version which seems to do quite well in terms of getting a "days" use.

I was wondering when someone would ask that. I forgot my charger last night at work and so I haven't had a night to charge and then a full day to test battery. Leaving it on over night the battery drained from 72 to 60 percent I was happy with that. Currently the major battery hog is the screen at 51% which is not shocking and I do have it turned up just not all the way. Will post more info about battery tomorrow. I will say that the battery seems fine to me and if you tweak it you could get better results.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSlippery519

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering when someone would ask that. I forgot my charger last night at work and so I haven't had a night to charge and then a full day to test battery. Leaving it on over night the battery drained from 72 to 60 percent I was how about that. Currently the major battery hog is the screen at 51% which is not shocking and I do have it turned up just not all the way. Will post more info about battery tomorrow. I will say that the battery seems fine to me and if you tweak it you could get better results.

Ya I figured you would need a day or two to really get a good idea, just keep us posted. I appreciate you updating us.

For me I know the phone is solid, fast, amazing screen. I just want to make sure I can get through a full day without worrying about it dying. For me that is 15-16 hours on a charge...if it can do that under normal use I am happy.

BodegaBay

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I visited a nearby corporate store just now and they had one hooked up all alone with Beats speakers. With all the wired cable hook ups, it looked like it was on life support!

Wow I'm really impressed. From my limited demo time, I have to agree with Varsity's impressions. ICS is the first time Android has lured me but it's the industrial design of this phone that has pushed me off the fence. The screen is just sublime; the best I've seen. The unibody polycarb shell is nicely shaped with the screen tapering off to meet it. I've been using a HTC Titan since Nov so I'm no stranger to HTC's SLCD, screen size, and form factor. Even though they are similar in size, they are vastly different in feel and weight. The Titan's painted aluminum shell feels quite slippery vs. the One X's grippier matte white back. Also, the One X's design seem to make it feel narrower side-to-side, especially gripping the glossy sides. Finally the Titan feels like a porker vs the One X.

Not many phones can pull off white just right but the iPhone 4/s and the One X are cream of the crop. The One X certainly makes the Lumia 900 White look like Miss Piggy with its full glossy body and saturated AMOLED screen. One thing that surprised me was that the camera didn't protrude out ads much as pics indicate.

It's a superb phone. I'm looking forward using Android for the next 6 months before settling down with one platform (already used iPhone 4/iOS 1yr and HTC Titan/Windows Phone 5mos).

Last edited:

cavfreak1

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey varsity I bet they sold you a store demo. I work at at&t and if there is a imei sticker on the back they werent suppose to sell that to you lol

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Signal seems better then my SG2 Skyrocket. Data speeds are excellent so far with speedtest, just ran and got 59ms ping 26843 kbs and 23405 kbs up. So very quick, my best down has been 30849 kbs. I seem to get a more consistent data speed with the One X over the SG2 Skyrocket. Although the SG2 Skyrocket seem to top out higher with some in the 40 mbs range which I haven't seen with the One X.

Thanks. Can you comment on HSPA+ speeds? Is there anyway to shut LTE off, like under mobile networks?

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey varsity I bet they sold you a store demo. I work at at&t and if there is a imei sticker on the back they werent suppose to sell that to you lol

It does or did have an IMEI sticker on the back. It's quite possible that it was intended to be a demo unit but I picked it up before it ever made it to the floor. ;)

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Can you comment on HSPA+ speeds? Is there anyway to shut LTE off, like under mobile networks?

No way to turn off LTE that I can find. I can't comment on HSPA+ speeds as I am in a LTE area. However, head to head against my IPhone 4s I get max 7 mbs more around 2 to 3. LTE max 40 mbs so far and I average around 20 mbs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49