Picked up my New AT&T One X today

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No way to turn off LTE that I can find. I can't comment on HSPA+ speeds as I am in a LTE area. However, head to head against my IPhone 4s I get max 7 mbs more around 2 to 3. LTE max 40 mbs so far and I average around 20 mbs.

Thanks. For some reason AT&T does not like its customers selecting which network they can be on. I know some people with the SR were able to achieve download speeds of 50-60 Mbps so I am hoping this device can achieve that also.

Don't know if I asked before, but can you comment on the browser and the fluidity it has? Thanks

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. For some reason AT&T does not like its customers selecting which network they can be on. I know some people with the SR were able to achieve download speeds of 50-60 Mbps so I am hoping this device can achieve that also.

Don't know if I asked before, but can you comment on the browser and the fluidity it has? Thanks
Stock browser is fine on One X no problems loading web pages. I do have flash turned off. I prefer chrome beta which feels faster to me then the stock browser. Still I think safari is faster then them both on the 4s but Chrome is close. All being on same wireless off the iPhone browser gets killed because of LTE.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting! Quick question, how does the speaker quality (loudness & clarity) compare to the iPhone 4S?

Thanks in advance!

Clarity and sound is excellent on par with the 4S listening to music. It's just not as loud as the 4S I can crack it up full volume and not feel like man that's loud I need to turn it down. So if you are hard of hearing you might have to stick close to the phone. Also Beats Audio does not come on when playing music from the speaker.

Voice calls are loud and clear on both ends. The person that I was taking to said that I sound great, but like I was taking in a large room. Voice calls don't seem to have the same problem I couldn't turn up the volume full blast and talk because it sounded like the person on the other end was shouting.

I will say this about the phone and volume in general. I think the phone errors on the side of being quiet. What I mean is that I find the volume for ring tones, alerts etc a little low even maxed out. My GS2 Skyrocket at the same level will blow your ear drums out and cause a mass panic.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
How visible and bright is the notification LED? Is it actually noticeable, or do you have to be staring straight at it to even see it?

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How is the camera in low light like a (concert setting) and how about video clarity and sound in the same setting? I need something as good as the iPhone in this sense. All my android devices to date including the nexus lack here bad.

testingapril

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey varsity I bet they sold you a store demo. I work at at&t and if there is a imei sticker on the back they werent suppose to sell that to you lol

I got one early too and mine has an IMEI sticker on it. I really hope the guy who sold it to me doesnt get in trouble. He was super nice and very helpful. He had no idea what the release date was and I think even asked his manager if he could sell it and he said he could. I'm sure he made a fat commission off me getting a one x and my wife getting an iPhone.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how you guys got AT&T to sell to you early. I called the only the two stores in my area and both said they will have no stock until May 6.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Any update on your battery consumption yet :)

I posted this in another thread. Battery life for me seems to be better then good. Better then my SG2 Skyrocket and on par with my IPhone 4s after 5.1 update. 8 15 minutes off charger and at 58% battery.

Today I have been off the charger for 5 52 minutes and have 75% battery. The biggest drain today has been voice calls at 43% and the Display at 21%. This included an hour at the gym streaming music from Play Music over Bluetooth headset. I have surfed the internet for a few minutes and sent a few texts and read a ton of email.

Yesterday I had fewer phone calls, but did surf the net a lot and watched a bunch of videos on Youtube just to checkout the display (which was awesome). Ran a bunch of speed tests and ran some benchmarks with Quadrant, Linpack and AnTuTu. Answered texts and emails etc. Got over 15 hours and had 31% left on battery.

Hope that helps, compared to my GS2 Skyrocket IMOP the phone has a much better battery life.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what I was looking for so yes very helpful.

Seems like getting through a day will be no problem at all for an average/heavy user.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what I was looking for so yes very helpful.

Seems like getting through a day will be no problem at all for an average/heavy user.

I wouldn't say I am a heavy user, but I do use my phone throughout the day and I am getting a full day before needing to charge the phone. If you watch movies or play a lot of games I think you might need to find a charger.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I got one early too and mine has an IMEI sticker on it. I really hope the guy who sold it to me doesnt get in trouble. He was super nice and very helpful. He had no idea what the release date was and I think even asked his manager if he could sell it and he said he could. I'm sure he made a fat commission off me getting a one x and my wife getting an iPhone.

The days of "fat commission" are over. If someone at a corporate store sold that to you, which I'm assuming it was, the rep is probably going to get fired. Selling a demo meant for the Beats By Dre display will pretty much mean doom for anyone involved. That's just stupid.

The IMEI sticker on the phone, is it on the back, down by the "Beats Audio" branding?

testingapril

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The days of "fat commission" are over. If someone at a corporate store sold that to you, which I'm assuming it was, the rep is probably going to get fired. Selling a demo meant for the Beats By Dre display will pretty much mean doom for anyone involved. That's just stupid.

The IMEI sticker on the phone, is it on the back, down by the "Beats Audio" branding?

Gosh I hope he doesn't get fired.

And yes. It's grey and sits right above the beats audio logo.

Speaking of beats, I'm kind of disappointed in the external speaker on a phone that is advertised as being for music with "beats audio". It's not particularly loud, and the audio quality is mediocre. I can deal with that as I don't use the external speaker a whole lot, but being able to listen to a podcast while doing stuff in the kitchen doesn't seem unreasonable and I don't think it is loud enough for that.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Gosh I hope he doesn't get fired.

And yes. It's grey and sits right above the beats audio logo.

Speaking of beats, I'm kind of disappointed in the external speaker on a phone that is advertised as being for music with "beats audio". It's not particularly loud, and the audio quality is mediocre. I can deal with that as I don't use the external speaker a whole lot, but being able to listen to a podcast while doing stuff in the kitchen doesn't seem unreasonable and I don't think it is loud enough for that.

iirc Beats Audio is a software addition, it has nothing to do with either of the two external speakers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2