How Smooth is Sense 4?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Deciding on whether or not to permanently move away from my 4S when this hits. How smooth is Sense 4? Any noticeable lag? How is this processor different from whats in the Samsung Galaxy Note?

Is everything buttery smooth?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
It's very buttery smooth. A few hiccups here and there, but they are minor, few and far between. I recommend trying it out for yourself.

The processor is one of the best on the market.

Rabble rabble rabble.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It's very buttery smooth. A few hiccups here and there, but they are minor, few and far between. I recommend trying it out for yourself.

The processor is one of the best on the market.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Does it out perform the iPhone 4s? I always thought people didn't like Qualcomm Snapdragon processors.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Does it out perform the iPhone 4s? I always thought people didn't like Qualcomm Snapdragon processors.

The S4 is a beast. It rivals the quad core Tegra 3, even besting it in some areas. I haven't seen it benched against the iPhone, but I believe it does outperform it-strictly in terms of number crunching. It can't really be compared directly since the OS it supports makes all the difference.

The iPhone will always have that buttery edge over Android. It's just the nature of the OS. But that doesn't mean the top performing Android devices are laggy by any means. I've played with the One X, and it is blazing fast.

Like I said, try heading to your local AT&T to check one out. Even when you do that, bear in mind that the demo units have possibly been loaded with crap by little kids with jam hands. Realistically, it does everything as fast as you'll ever need it to. But coming from iOS I know you're expecting a certain level of butter. Something I can't really speak to. I've used iOS, and the smoothness is remarkable. But the fact is, it just does less.

Rabble rabble rabble.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I own both devices and it's a great question. The One X and Sense 4 are very close to the 4s and iOS IMOP in feel and how fluid the OS feels. ICS has made a lot of strides and is much smoother then GB, but it's not iOS smooth yet. However, having said that coming from a 4S to the One X I don't think you will notice the difference at all. I have not had any crashes or stutters etc and scrolling from screen to screen is as smooth as iOS even with widgets on which is something I couldn't say about GB. The processor in One X is quick and from other bench marks that have been posted very quick even beating the Tegra 3 in some cases. I would rather have LTE over the Tegra 3.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I own both devices and it's a great question. The One X and Sense 4 are very close to the 4s and iOS IMOP in feel and how fluid the OS feels. ICS has made a lot of strides and is much smoother then GB, but it's not iOS smooth yet. However, having said that coming from a 4S to the One X I don't think you will notice the difference at all. I have not had any crashes or stutters etc and scrolling from screen to screen is as smooth as iOS even with widgets on which is something I couldn't say about GB. The processor in One X is quick and from other bench marks that have been posted very quick even beating the Tegra 3 in some cases. I would rather have LTE over the Tegra 3.

Thanks. How smooth is scrolling in the browser?

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The One X is my first android phone. I have been on iOS for 3 years, and decided it was time for a change. I have to say that I love the One X. Sense isn't as bug-free as iOS, to set the record straight, but it's still great to use. For me, I am finding myself doing more on the One X at one time, then I did on my iPhone. Maybe that's just the freedom of Android. Regardless of what I am doing, the phone is super fast.

I'd recommend giving it a try. I've had my phone for less than a week and I'm already wondering why it took me so long to switch. This is an amazing phone to jump into Android with.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's not completely smooth, most noticeable when using full screen widgets.

It's only a micro-stutter & it's only sometimes, but it is there.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang.. Like several others here I've had an iPhone for years and mine is about as fast as a drunk turtle running through quicksand, LOL. I went to the ATT store to play with the OneX, G Note, Vivid and Skyrocket and it's a tough decision. Ultimately, I'm after a phone with good battery life that's fast and has an awesome screen. My issue with the OneX is that like the iPhone it has a sealed back and the camera lens seems like it will scratch over time. I like Sense 4.0 and ICS is very cool, too.

So I guess the question is aside from the smoothness of Sense, how has battery life been and what are people doing about the camera lens and lack of microSD? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs