Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 126 to 139 of 139
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #126  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    What is u talkin bout lol android has the market share apple has the lawsuits lol they takin the pu pu way and suing people for stupid patents but niw i hear the new ios 5 will have a "brand new" pull down notification bar lol me personally ill never ever spend my hard earned money on an Apple product

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    IOS 6 you mean, IOS 5 is out already.

    As stale as IOS is, it just works very smoothly combined with alot of apps and good hardware. I don't see any android phone taking over IOS at all.
  2. #127  

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    This is all a matter of opinion. Apple makes good phones, but I don't want and IPhone. I prefer Android.
    Thanked by:
  3. #128  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    IOS 6 you mean, IOS 5 is out already.

    As stale as IOS is, it just works very smoothly combined with alot of apps and good hardware. I don't see any android phone taking over IOS at all.
    IOS has got nothing on android,

    Customization is what people want, they want their phone unique to their own style, not how apple say.

    Imagine having a phone that doesn't look exactly like everyone else's - wow! Lol

    IOS is Sooo limited, can't even send an mp3 via Bluetooth, no widgits, no home screens, & there is virtually no multi-tasking either!

    Apple make such a big deal for any 'copying', & then copy quite a lot in IOS5, it's not just the direct copy of androids notification bar, they have added a weather widgit to their notification bar too, added OTA updates, added an independent background download service, added the imessage service, added the split ergonomic keyboard, WiFi sync - I could go on, but these are all copied from other platforms! (Windows, Android & blackberry)

    Also funny how people think apple created touch screen phones & an appstore too - all done before! (admittedly not as good, but the products were still all out there)

    Same with tablets, apple didn't invent these - they just created the ipad, there is a difference!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
  4. #129  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    IOS has got nothing on android,

    Customization is what people want, they want their phone unique to their own style, not how apple say.

    Imagine having a phone that doesn't look exactly like everyone else's - wow! Lol

    IOS is Sooo limited, can't even send an mp3 via Bluetooth, no widgits, no home screens, & there is virtually no multi-tasking either!

    Apple make such a big deal for any 'copying', & then copy quite a lot in IOS5, it's not just the direct copy of androids notification bar, they have added a weather widgit to their notification bar too, added OTA updates, added an independent background download service, added the imessage service, added the split ergonomic keyboard, WiFi sync - I could go on, but these are all copied from other platforms! (Windows, Android & blackberry)

    Also funny how people think apple created touch screen phones & an appstore too - all done before! (admittedly not as good, but the products were still all out there)

    Same with tablets, apple didn't invent these - they just created the ipad, there is a difference!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Not everyone wants customisation , I'm pretty sure of that. Some non techy people just want something simple and yet goes the full nine yards. Not unusual, but in an Android forum it could be haha...
  5. #130  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,351 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    Let us put this to bed. YES, the one X is finally a device that rivals the 4S. Bar none. Sure, the one X is much cheaper to manufacture, but it is only in materials. The OS, and the chips/camera/screen are pretty close. As far as one trumping the other by flying buttresses? Leaps and bounds? Blowing the other out of the water? Please, that is for blind fanisms...They both rock, I like them both, and I would be happy to call either a daily driver (Who in the world says that?) lol.
  6. #131  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,351 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    IOS has got nothing on android,

    Customization is what people want, they want their phone unique to their own style, not how apple say.

    Imagine having a phone that doesn't look exactly like everyone else's - wow! Lol

    IOS is Sooo limited, can't even send an mp3 via Bluetooth, no widgits, no home screens, & there is virtually no multi-tasking either!

    Apple make such a big deal for any 'copying', & then copy quite a lot in IOS5, it's not just the direct copy of androids notification bar, they have added a weather widgit to their notification bar too, added OTA updates, added an independent background download service, added the imessage service, added the split ergonomic keyboard, WiFi sync - I could go on, but these are all copied from other platforms! (Windows, Android & blackberry)

    Also funny how people think apple created touch screen phones & an appstore too - all done before! (admittedly not as good, but the products were still all out there)

    Same with tablets, apple didn't invent these - they just created the ipad, there is a difference!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Definitely know who you root for ; ) loud and clear
  7. #132  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,351 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Well, honestly, the 4s will appear to be faster in most everything because of the OS differences. That's more what's was getting at. You can't really compare them because of how different the OSes are.
    It has a ton to do with optimization. Sure, games on the 4S are sick wicked. But they are optimized to be. hardware is half of it, and the S4 Procs are a beast. Question is, how optimized is EVERYTHING? Huh? Yeah. Will it be supported for 3 years? Doubt it.
  8. #133  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    With the current Android infrastructure, we could only optimize games to the chipsets. As for everything else, we would just have to keep to the "middle three lanes" as usual for Android development.

    One thing I do hope for is this: more high res games to take advantage of handsets like the Rezound and the One X.
  9. #134  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,351 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    With the current Android infrastructure, we could only optimize games to the chipsets. As for everything else, we would just have to keep to the "middle three lanes" as usual for Android development.

    One thing I do hope for is this: more high res games to take advantage of handsets like the Rezound and the One X.
    Yup. I like the idea of tegrazone games eclusively for their devices. God, I wish those would play well with LTE. You think there could be a S4 store opening? he he
  10. #135  

    Default

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums yes it can rival the iPhone I'm selling my 32gig 4s. This phone is awesome everything I wanted the 4s to be
  11. #136  
    bob13bob's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default

    Android had become too splintered. HTC Samsung have realized this and are concentrated on less released but better phones. Google will have to get carriers paws off android is just like apple did. Carriers fuk everything up.

    4s is last Gen. New iPhone coming out that will have to be competed against. 3.5 inch is so outdated for size of device.

    sent from one of my 4 gold leafed iphone 4s's
  12. #137  
    lkbig's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I went from hardcore pc to a 3-year stint as an apple fan boy and came back to pc. Here are my 2 cents.

    As stupid and cliche as it sounds, Apple stuff just works. Apple has UX and UI in the bag. The vast majority of people don't have the time or energy to invest in tinkering with gadgets. We as members of this forum are a niche group of people that in many ways are out of touch with the rest of the world. We do have time and energy to ticker with stuff. Our passion drives us. Most people are not like us. So before we get off on our own elitist attitudes let's remember that.

    Second, for those people that are already in the Apple world, it is easiest for them to stay there. The time and energy it would take to transfer their digital lives to a new paradigm is too much for most of them. Try imagining switching all your stuff to windows phone and hotmail...same diff as ios coming to android except the win 7 ui is arguably more aesthically pleasing.

    Finally, as superficial as it may seem, there is a lot to be said about apple stuff being pretty. When people switch to mac there is a fluidity and grace that creates spikes of dopamine. Yeah, there is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get over that, the design is beautiful and enticing. You can't argue with the statistics. People are rapidly moving to Apple products. A lot of that is how macs look. There is a perception among common folk that somehow macs are better than PCs and if they could afford one they would buy one. Macs to them are the top tier machine. Yes it is all marketing and one could argue specs but most people couldn't give a darn about specs. That's the brutal truth.

    Ok. That's enough of my soapbox. Thumbs are sore.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
  13. #138  

    Default Re: Can this rival the iPhone?

    What is it Iphone means? Is it an older version of Android? I never heard about it.

    Sent from HTC ONE X (32GB)
  14. #139  
    naviwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,262 Global Posts

    Default

    With the current battery times the HTC One X is offering with general to moderate use, I believe it can rival the iPhone.

    The reason I stayed away from returning to Android was because of the terrible life. I need at a minimum 14 hours, period...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Posting Permissions

B