How visible is One X notification light?

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a couple of pics of the notification light in the speaker grill, and the thing looks tiny and almost impossible to see. How is it in practice? Worthless? I usually have my phone sitting on my desk... it would be nice if the notification LED was bright and visible enough that I could see it.

Currently I have a Sony Xperia Ray which has a pretty visible notification light. But nothing matches the old Blackberry LEDs. Those things always caught my eye. I must admit, that is the one thing about Blackberry that I miss... quality notification LEDs.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Very bright & visible, you have nothing to worry about.

Flashing red when low battery
Solid green when charged
Flashing green on notification

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Phil.. As the expert here, I'm wondering if you could provide feedback where battery life (in an LTE area), camera lens scratching, data storage and overall quality are concerned. I've been investigating several devices (Skyrocket Note, Vivid and One X) and Samsung devices while nice, seem to be filled with many issues. The Vivid seems OK but the screen seems mediocre and battery life doesn't seem to be great.

I played with the OneX at the ATT store and thought it was nice, but am concerned about the things mentioned. Obviously am going to wait to see what Samsung announces next week too, though I really don't want to wait 4 or 5 months for ATT to get the new GS3.

Thanks.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a couple of pics of the notification light in the speaker grill, and the thing looks tiny and almost impossible to see. How is it in practice? Worthless? I usually have my phone sitting on my desk... it would be nice if the notification LED was bright and visible enough that I could see it.

Currently I have a Sony Xperia Ray which has a pretty visible notification light. But nothing matches the old Blackberry LEDs. Those things always caught my eye. I must admit, that is the one thing about Blackberry that I miss... quality notification LEDs.

Here is a pic in a dull (not dark) room, it shows my HOX on charge & the solid green light means fully charged.

As you can see, pretty bright.

b0fda11e-2d01-20fe.jpg

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: phositadc

aashafie

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The led notification is Very visible.

After 10 days still no scratches yet. I got a transparent tourmate casing.

Coming from nokia n8 i have very low expectation on hox battery life, but as a big smartphone it surpassed a day mark with constant touching.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes that notification light is plenty bright.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Its Bright, but the viewing Angle isn't all that great. But then I came from a Nexus One, with that big glowing track ball.

Image taken in daylight at three different angles, low angle to high angle (topmost). You can see that its hard to see the LED when the phone is sitting on the desk unless you are looking at it from within 20-30 degrees of head on. Not because its dim, but because its recessed.

htcone1.jpg

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks bright enough, but will the light stay on for longer than three minutes when you have a notification? That's one of the main reasons why I stick to AOSP Roms on my TBolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it customisable by means of light flow??

No. Colors are fixed.

Solid Red = Charging,
Green solid = charged.
Red Blinking = needs charge.
Green Blinking = notification pending.

It blinks till you wake the phone and check it.

Some apps, (like K-9 Mail) allow you to set specific colors, but when I do this I get no blinking at all from this phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: cubez

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No. Colors are fixed.

Solid Red = Charging,
Green solid = charged.
Red Blinking = needs charge.
Green Blinking = notification pending.

It blinks till you wake the phone and check it.

Some apps, (like K-9 Mail) allow you to set specific colors, but when I do this I get no blinking at all from this phone.

What?? Certainly it can show more than 2 colors. Maybe Light Flow just hasn't added support for it yet?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
What?? Certainly it can show more than 2 colors. Maybe Light Flow just hasn't added support for it yet?

Not really. HTC notification lights typically just do red, orange, and green. Some combination of them. They don't do the full range of colors.

Rabble rabble rabble.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Not really. HTC notification lights typically just do red, orange, and green. Some combination of them. They don't do the full range of colors.

Rabble rabble rabble.

*sigh*

I'm finding it harder and harder to stick by the One X these days. I'm hoping that once I get to use it I'll be pleased but I ignored the lack of storage and the battery. Now there are so many little things beginning to bug me and I don't even have the phone yet! I know no device is perfect but 3 colors?? And it appears it doesn't even stay on for long.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
*sigh*

I'm finding it harder and harder to stick by the One X these days. I'm hoping that once I get to use it I'll be pleased but I ignored the lack of storage and the battery. Now there are so many little things beginning to bug me and I don't even have the phone yet! I know no device is perfect but 3 colors?? And it appears it doesn't even stay on for long.

Well you can stop worrying about batteries since 1.28 software was released. I now routinely get 20 hours on my international version. Have had as high as 28 hours. Nobody who actually has the phone worries about battery after the first week of intensive exploration use.

And the international version has 32 gig. As well as no useless LTE radios.

And the color of the notification light!! Really!? That's going to drive you away from the best phone on the market today?? Really?

Come on. At least get your hands on the phone before you fixate on tiny issues.

4b9771a5-b671-2d2c.jpg

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well you can stop worrying about batteries since 1.28 software was released. I now routinely get 20 hours on my international version. Have had as high as 28 hours. Nobody who actually has the phone worries about battery after the first week of intensive exploration use.

And the international version has 32 gig. As well as no useless LTE radios.

And the color of the notification light!! Really!? That's going to drive you away from the best phone on the market today?? Really?

Come on. At least get your hands on the phone before you fixate on tiny issues.

Click to view quoted image

Holy smokes that is some awesome battery time you are getting. Hurry up AT&T and push this out to us.