Let's see em!!

testingapril

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got an AT&T One X. It's a great phone. Best out of box android experience there is currently or has been. Everything is as fast as you'd want it. The feel is very close to apple's realtime screen rendering. The screen is fantastic, save for some washed out greens, tans, and oranges. Even with the washed out colors it's still probably the best display on the market, and while it's not quite the pixel density of the iphone 4s, it looks just as good, but it's much bigger.

Camera is as advertised.

Only downsides are 10gb storage remaining, can't turn off LTE, and the browser doesn't have a dedicated tabs button, so I've moved to Chrome.

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I've got an AT&T One X. It's a great phone. Best out of box android experience there is currently or has been. Everything is as fast as you'd want it. The feel is very close to apple's realtime screen rendering. The screen is fantastic, save for some washed out greens, tans, and oranges. Even with the washed out colors it's still probably the best display on the market, and while it's not quite the pixel density of the iphone 4s, it looks just as good, but it's much bigger.

Camera is as advertised.

Only downsides are 10gb storage remaining, can't turn off LTE, and the browser doesn't have a dedicated tabs button, so I've moved to Chrome.

Awesome thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the lack of a microSD slot was a miss for the One X(Although cloud storage is still a viable option). I'm glad that was fixed on the Evo 4G LTE.

mosman22

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
...The screen is fantastic, save for some washed out greens, tans, and oranges. Even with the washed out colors it's still probably the best display on the market, and while it's not quite the pixel density of the iphone 4s, it looks just as good, but it's much bigger

Have u had a chance to compare to the rezounds screen? The rezound the only screen I've seen that bests the iPhone 4 and all of the current amoled iterrations

testingapril

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Have u had a chance to compare to the rezounds screen? The rezound the only screen I've seen that bests the iPhone 4 and all of the current amoled iterrations

I have not, but a guy at work bought a Rezound for one of his relatives and I don't remember him making any remarks about the screen. He was floored by the quality of the One X screen. He said it looked too good to be true and thought I was screwing with him and it was a dummy model with one of those screen simulation stickers on it.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the One X want to post some pics of it? And maybe your thoughts?

Hey,

Here are some with the official HTC ONE X clear hard shell case.

b0fda11e-d90e-882d.jpg

b0fda11e-d935-d474.jpg

b0fda11e-d942-5f10.jpg

b0fda11e-d94d-6c77.jpg

b0fda11e-d95d-d307.jpg

The hard shell case doesn't add much bulk, it fits into my HTC pouch even with the hard shell on.

b0fda11e-db14-dc99.jpg

Here is my phone with the Skinomi screen protector installed. (Showing viewing angles etc)

b0fda11e-d9ca-a9a6.jpg

b0fda11e-d9e9-9f80.jpg

b0fda11e-d9f5-2af7.jpg

I know the AC guys hate benchmarks, but for those wanting to see some AnTutu scores:

b0fda11e-da46-8eac.jpg

b0fda11e-da58-d1e4.jpg

b0fda11e-da62-b93b.jpg

The photos were taken by my Motorola Xoom, so not the best camera.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Pretty impressive benchmarks.. I played with one at the ATT store and thought it was very cool, though like some others here, I have an issue with the small storage capacity and using Dropbox on a regular basis with burn through data.. Am also a bit concerned about long term battery life and how badly the camera lens will scratch over the long term.. I think its too early to tell yet though.. :cool:

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Pretty impressive benchmarks.. I played with one at the ATT store and thought it was very cool, though like some others here, I have an issue with the small storage capacity and using Dropbox on a regular basis with burn through data.. Am also a bit concerned about long term battery life and how badly the camera lens will scratch over the long term.. I think its too early to tell yet though.. :cool:

Oh, I must add - mine is the UK version, so tegra 3.

I too am worried about the camera lens, my clear case covers it ever-so-slightly, but still bothers me.

Battery life is not a concern, I stream music through spotify 320kbps all day at work via HSPA & I still leave work with 20-40% battery remaining. (im on unlimited data of course :) )

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are those pics of the international quad core or? Did you have a tough decision picking white over gray?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Thats a nice case. It looks like the back is raised to protect the camera housing. Is that correct?

Yes, but only-just :)

I certainly still don't trust it fully on a flat-table, it protects it a mere millimetre lol, but still - it should protect it.

Are those pics of the international quad core or? Did you have a tough decision picking white over gray?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes, UK international tegra3.

Either white or grey was my choice, even though I've never owned a white phone before - it was the nicest in my opinion when compared to grey, which I found too dull.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Are the charging contacts covered by the case? Or is there a hole for them?

The 5 charging dock connectors are covered Phil.

Doesn't bother me as I'd never use a dock, but can understand it bothering the people who do.

Corners are 80% protected, top & bottom is not, 3.5mm headphone jack, volume rocker & charging slot are not covered.

Case is smooth, but as slight matte grainy feel to it.

Last edited:

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The 5 charging dock connectors are covered Phil.

Doesn't bother me as I'd never use a dock, but can understand it bothering the people who do.

Corners are 80% protected, top & bottom is not, 3.5mm headphone jack, volume rocker & charging slot are not covered.

Case is smooth, but as slight matte grainy feel to it.

Love the case, dude. Too bad this design won't make its way to Sprint.

vioalas

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It covers the pin connectors because the extra plastic over the camera won't let it fit in the dock, that's why the colorful cases have the cut out, there's nothing over the camera.

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

Here are some with the official HTC ONE X clear hard shell case.

Click to view quoted image

The hard shell case doesn't add much bulk, it fits into my HTC pouch even with the hard shell on.

Here is my phone with the Skinomi screen protector installed. (Showing viewing angles etc)

I know the AC guys hate benchmarks, but for those wanting to see some AnTutu scores:

The photos were taken by my Motorola Xoom, so not the best camera.

Thank you for the pictures. It looks really nice.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe