Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Anyone care to comment on Wi-Fi?

man, I got home from work today (where wifi seemed to work great) and it is just issue after issue... FIrst it says my router is out of range, then it has trouble connecting, then it connects but with a very weak signal. I have speedtest.net app installed and that even has trouble finding a server close to me, almost like my gps is all screwed up too. It takes several attemps to find a server and then it's not even the closest server to me by far!

So when I finally run the test it will time out a few times and when it does run it is slooooow, I mean really slow. Even with wifi turned off and running speedtest it has the same problems.

I don't know what is going on here, but I hope it is all related to whatever bug they are aware of, because my phone is hardly usable at home...
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,264 Global Posts

Remember, you can always turn your WIFI off! But, more importantly, read previous posts, and try using 2.4GHZ, versus the auto setting on the One X (WIFI settings \ advanced)

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlyseen View Post
    man, I got home from work today (where wifi seemed to work great) and it is just issue after issue... FIrst it says my router is out of range, then it has trouble connecting, then it connects but with a very weak signal. I have speedtest.net app installed and that even has trouble finding a server close to me, almost like my gps is all screwed up too. It takes several attemps to find a server and then it's not even the closest server to me by far!

So when I finally run the test it will time out a few times and when it does run it is slooooow, I mean really slow. Even with wifi turned off and running speedtest it has the same problems.

I don't know what is going on here, but I hope it is all related to whatever bug they are aware of, because my phone is hardly usable at home...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ya, I am using 2.4 now, not auto - it's really weird, all of a sudden it was working great, then right back down to nothing again. Is anybody else experiencing the gps having trouble finding your location?

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlyseen View Post
    ya, I am using 2.4 now, not auto - it's really weird, all of a sudden it was working great, then right back down to nothing again. Is anybody else experiencing the gps having trouble finding your location?
    Gps workings flawlessly for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I posted something over on xda with the same issues discussed here.

Link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25685052

Having the wifi not disconnecting issue like others in this thread. Hopefully a fix will be coming out soon.

Using an Apple router FWIW. Hmmm...maybe the Apple router has "detected" an Android device and that's why this is happening! haha

lawd i pray that my phone arriving today now does not have this issue if so i hope HTC takes a page from nokia and get this crap fixed asap and give out some credits this is nuts lets see it took nokia a week to get it fixed these guys better get with it i shouldn't have to go hacking it to fix it.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cashinout View Post
    lawd i pray that my phone arriving today now does not have this issue if so i hope HTC takes a page from nokia and get this crap fixed asap and give out some credits this is nuts lets see it took nokia a week to get it fixed these guys better get with it i shouldn't have to go hacking it to fix it.
    I have one as well and am hoping for a fix. I simply cannot get a stable wifi connection at either home or work.

The only thing that does work is a kludge is an old 802.11b airport express daisy chained off my router

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Weird issue now. I can connect to my home wifi, but now my laptop won't connect when the One X has connected first. Go figure?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,264 Global Posts

Bazaar, try rebooting the router...

Failing that either:
    1. Give your laptop a static IP
    2. Check your router settings to make your DHCP is set to give more than 10 IP addresses

I hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by lotalota View Post
    Weird issue now. I can connect to my home wifi, but now my laptop won't connect when the One X has connected first. Go figure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 (N1), Stock (HOX)

Count me in on the list of those having WiFi issues. I don't notice any "looping" as you say, but my Wifi will appear connected but it's not passing any data - it cannot hit any host on the network nor the gateway. I just turn WiFi off/on and it recovers right away.

Hey!

Don't know if you've solved the issue or not, but I had the same problem. Just fixed it.

Instead of setting the security to WPA/WP2K, set it to WEP. Once I did that, my Samsung SGHT589 started to pick up a signal. Granted, it's not an "excellent" signal, just "fair", but it does work.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by nubianepiphany View Post
    Hey!

Don't know if you've solved the issue or not, but I had the same problem. Just fixed it.

Instead of setting the security to WPA/WP2K, set it to WEP. Once I did that, my Samsung SGHT589 started to pick up a signal. Granted, it's not an "excellent" signal, just "fair", but it does work.

Good Luck
    Not everyone is free to change the router's security settings. And wep is pretty easy to crack.

I, for one, have not noticed any issues with WiFi. Jumped from iPhone 4 to HOX about 3 weeks ago or so, and WiFI strength has been almost identical to what I was getting. I do have issues occasionally on my work WiFi - but everyone in the bldg has the same (iPhones and various android devices included). The router is extremely old and due for replacement... No problems whatsoever at home.

Smile Re: Anyone care to comment on Wi-Fi?

Hi!

Here is the solution:

Choose (WPA) Algorithms = TKIP+AES in your router's wireless security settings

(I spent two days sorting this problem out and just wanted to share the trick. cheers!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123