One X 1.29 firmware upgrade

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, using the HTC One X Tegra 3 model. It's unlocked from France. I received the alert tonight over WiFi, and bang, updated. I don't know what it's all about yet, but it's done.

Screenshot_2012-04-30-20-02-17.png

Notice how it asks me not to remove the battery or SD card during the process. Ha.
Screenshot_2012-04-30-20-17-01.png

Screenshot_2012-04-30-20-22-32.png

Screenshot_2012-04-30-20-23-46-1.png

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
There's a thread over at xda discussing whether or not the 1.29 update fixed some kind of screen flickering that some (smallish group) of new users is having on the Euro version. Many think it's software and not hardware and HTC knows about it. It's not a widespread issue but I just noticed the thread while I was cruising 1440x1280 wallpapers. Keep us posted on if/any noticeable changes.

Thanks!

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The other one is that someone mentioned that GlowBall doesn't ccrash anymore and is very smooth now. This plus Live Wallpapers suggests some GPU and/or CPU driver update, which is always nice.
P.S. Live Wallpapers were restarting whenever you swipe home screens.

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The update is usually rolling out first for unbranded phones and then the networks follow with the update. As I'm on unbranded, I can't comment on UK T-Mobile availability.

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Found this on XDA:

This also updates radio images and kernel. And apparently it attempts a battery fix: /system/bin/chownto /sys/htc/power_save_policy /data/data/com.android.browser

Plus, a few apps got huge updates: - Rosie (apparently some graphics update) - MovieEditor (13mb, whoa!) - Many of the HTC apps (Contacts, Watch, and so on) - Browser - Idle Screens - GPSD, RILD, and WPA-Supplicant updates - Camera, EGL, Audio, GRAlloc, HWComposer libs updated (last two plus EGL might be fixing the remaining banding) - WiFi and BT modules updated (but almost all modules got some patches) - Laputa Engine, HWUI, HTC RIL, and some video codecs also updated - Secure CA certs updated.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Good to see wpa supplicant and wifi changes. The only issue I have with this phone is wifi issue.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well 3 are looking to release an update in the coming days. I tweeted vodafone yesterday but they have said they haven't heard anything about an update at this stage.

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Good to see wpa supplicant and wifi changes. The only issue I have with this phone is wifi issue.

I never had WiFi issues and as with previous update, I just hope the update will not break anything for me :-( Maybe WiFi problems are very much depending on network configuration and encryption settings. Mine is set to 5GHz N only, WPA2PSK, my encryption is usually set to AES (not AES+TKIP)

RonnyOne

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Got the 1.29 update yesterday in Norway. Seems like the phone became even faster, BUT now the g-sensor doesnt work so i cant go into landscape mode.

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you can try re-enabling Auto-Rotate option in Display settings? If doesn't help, maybe G Sensor re-calibration would help?

RonnyOne

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried restarting the phone several times. Tried turning on and off auto-rotate. Tried calibrating (it fails). Tried booting into safe-mode.. but nothing helps.
The only thing i didnt try is resetting the device to factory settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish