Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One X 1.29 firmware upgrade

I'm on AT&T, using the HTC One X Tegra 3 model. It's unlocked from France. I received the alert tonight over WiFi, and bang, updated. I don't know what it's all about yet, but it's done.

Notice how it asks me not to remove the battery or SD card during the process. Ha.

Default Re: One X 1.29 firmware upgrade

There's a thread over at xda discussing whether or not the 1.29 update fixed some kind of screen flickering that some (smallish group) of new users is having on the Euro version. Many think it's software and not hardware and HTC knows about it. It's not a widespread issue but I just noticed the thread while I was cruising 1440x1280 wallpapers. Keep us posted on if/any noticeable changes.

Thanks!
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

I've got an idea of what it is, but I'm trying to track down the official changelog. Stand by.

I ordered the X and am awaiting its arrival. I hope it has this newest version out of the box!

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

Someone mentioned Live Wallpapers are fixed, but it was reported on non-Sense launcher.
    I hope there is more than this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schriss View Post
    Someone mentioned Live Wallpapers are fixed, but it was reported on non-Sense launcher.
    I hope there is more than this.
    What was wrong with them?

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    What was wrong with them?
    I think they were restarting whenever you swiped home screen left or right. Yea I just replicated this with stock HTC Live Wallpaper. (I'm on custom ROM so didn't upgrade to 1.29 yet, waiting for CoreDroid guys to update :-D)

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

The other one is that someone mentioned that GlowBall doesn't ccrash anymore and is very smooth now. This plus Live Wallpapers suggests some GPU and/or CPU driver update, which is always nice.
    P.S. Live Wallpapers were restarting whenever you swipe home screens.

hello im new to the One X ive had it just over a week , im from the Uk on T-mobile and i cant get an update yet?? help pleasse?

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

The update is usually rolling out first for unbranded phones and then the networks follow with the update. As I'm on unbranded, I can't comment on UK T-Mobile availability.

No update here yet, in the UK on my T3 unlocked model.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I've got an idea of what it is, but I'm trying to track down the official changelog. Stand by.
    So any luck in tracking down the change log Phil?

Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Still no update for me. Euro version on at&t.

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

Found this on XDA:

This also updates radio images and kernel. And apparently it attempts a battery fix: /system/bin/chownto /sys/htc/power_save_policy /data/data/com.android.browser

Plus, a few apps got huge updates: - Rosie (apparently some graphics update) - MovieEditor (13mb, whoa!) - Many of the HTC apps (Contacts, Watch, and so on) - Browser - Idle Screens - GPSD, RILD, and WPA-Supplicant updates - Camera, EGL, Audio, GRAlloc, HWComposer libs updated (last two plus EGL might be fixing the remaining banding) - WiFi and BT modules updated (but almost all modules got some patches) - Laputa Engine, HWUI, HTC RIL, and some video codecs also updated - Secure CA certs updated.

Good to see wpa supplicant and wifi changes. The only issue I have with this phone is wifi issue.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Well 3 are looking to release an update in the coming days. I tweeted vodafone yesterday but they have said they haven't heard anything about an update at this stage.

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Good to see wpa supplicant and wifi changes. The only issue I have with this phone is wifi issue.
    I never had WiFi issues and as with previous update, I just hope the update will not break anything for me :-( Maybe WiFi problems are very much depending on network configuration and encryption settings. Mine is set to 5GHz N only, WPA2PSK, my encryption is usually set to AES (not AES+TKIP)

Got the 1.29 update yesterday in Norway. Seems like the phone became even faster, BUT now the g-sensor doesnt work so i cant go into landscape mode.

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

Maybe you can try re-enabling Auto-Rotate option in Display settings? If doesn't help, maybe G Sensor re-calibration would help?

I tried restarting the phone several times. Tried turning on and off auto-rotate. Tried calibrating (it fails). Tried booting into safe-mode.. but nothing helps.
    The only thing i didnt try is resetting the device to factory settings.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    No update here yet, in the UK on my T3 unlocked model.
    No update for my sim free one x (uk)

Starting to think it's a myth - I don't think it's being sent to all unlocked, unbranded phones - nobody here in the UK has received it. :/

Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    Starting to think it's a myth - I don't think it's being sent to all unlocked, unbranded phones - nobody here in the UK has received it. :/

I read on XDA that UK Devices should have the update by Sunday. I have a UK Device here in the states on at&t.

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I read on XDA that UK Devices should have the update by Sunday. I have a UK Device here in the states on at&t.

Damn, roll on Sunday!! WiFi issue is really annoying me, thankfully no grey screens or reboots going on

ROM
    CoreDroid 2.0

I begin to think someone had too many mushrooms and mistaken 1.29 with 1.28 and the story went live on internet, now unstoppable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast