1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question for those that have a One X ATT version

Hey guys.... This is for those that have the attached branded version of the one x already. What is the battery life like when you are not in a 4G LTE area? Is there a huge drain on the battery from it constantly searching? Or does it seem to not affect it that much? If anyone knows or has some insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Question for those that have a One X ATT version

Low signal causes every single phone I've ever had to drain faster so I doubt the One X will be an exception. Battery life depends entirely on what you do with the phone so YMMV
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I understand that poor signal causes battery drain. The question I'm asking is will it drain faster without an LTE connection if it is constantly searching? My Gnex on Verizon drains in about 5 hours if I leave it searching for LTE....I turn it back to cdma network only and I easily last the day....my concern lies with the fact that LTE can not be turned off on the ATT version of the One X. I don't wanna be left with a dead phone in the middle of the work day....we have decent 3g coverage here so low signal shouldn't be an issue.

Are you positive that LTE can't be turned off ? My only experience with an LTE device (until my One X is here Friday) is my iPad 3 with Verizon LTE. It can be turned off in settings

Quote Originally Posted by macguy59 View Post
    Are you positive that LTE can't be turned off ? My only experience with an LTE device (until my One X is here Friday) is my iPad 3 with Verizon LTE. It can be turned off in settings
    LTE on the AT&T version can't be turned off.

I think this is a great question. I live in a HSPDA area but not LTE. Will the One X constantly search for an LTE signal and thus decrease battery life?

Is it because LTE is integrated on the S4 chip? Or is it possible for a future software upgrade an include an LTE-off setting menu option?

Quote Originally Posted by jmsewe0 View Post
    I think this is a great question. I live in a HSPDA area but not LTE. Will the One X constantly search for an LTE signal and thus decrease battery life?
    Not sure I live in a LTE market, but when I got out of it is seemed fine switching between networks. What I can't say was if the One X was searching for the LTE network all the time. I don't believe it was because my battery didn't seem to run down off the LTE network.

I also have a question for the people who have the AT&T HTC One X. Can you side load apps to the phone? I remember AT&T wasn't allowing phones to do that for a while. Also can it do Google Wallet? Thanks for the assistance.

You can definitely sideload apps. You've been able to do that for over a year now on AT&T-branded devices. I'll have the AT&T branded version tomorrow, so I'll be able to compare my FW 1.29 One X to the AT&T model.

AT&T likes to disable the ability to turn off and on 3G and LTE on their phones because their reasoning is, that "it provides the best possible user experience" as they believe most of their customers (and yes I have AT&T as well) do not need or care to be able to turn off the very things that suck down juice like crazy.

I hate the fact that I cannot turn switch back and forth between network speed consumption and feel that AT&T is doing a disservice to its customers by disabling that feature, when the other 3 big carriers do not block it.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by juggalonation75 View Post
    AT&T likes to disable the ability to turn off and on 3G and LTE on their phones because their reasoning is, that "it provides the best possible user experience" as they believe most of their customers (and yes I have AT&T as well) do not need or care to be able to turn off the very things that suck down juice like crazy.

I hate the fact that I cannot turn switch back and forth between network speed consumption and feel that AT&T is doing a disservice to its customers by disabling that feature, when the other 3 big carriers do not block it.

Just my 2 cents
    Yep. See my other thread on this.

Why does AT&T not give us the option to turn off LTE?

Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    I also have a question for the people who have the AT&T HTC One X. Can you side load apps to the phone? I remember AT&T wasn't allowing phones to do that for a while. Also can it do Google Wallet? Thanks for the assistance.

I'm not able to use Google Wallet as of yet.
    Stewed, screwed and tattooed.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmsewe0 View Post
    Nope. Battery life is awesome on HSPA.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Short blurb about battery life in this review

I live in a very strong LTE area but work in an area where there is only HSPA and when we go out to lunch... there's only "3G". I don't notice a battery drain. In fact, with only a few texts and a quick perusal of FB, my phone has been on battery for 8hr, 12m, 50s and the battery is at 88% and that's NOT on LTE.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I haven't been into an lte area yet...I have a good hdspa connection where I live... I don't see any drainage on the battery that would occur if it was searching all day for a lte signal... Maybe somehow that it only searches for a lte signal if one is in the area?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

I get excellent battery life in both LTE and non LTE markets. LTE does drain it a bit faster (I'd say maybe by 20%?). Well worth it for the access speeds and still lasts me the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by guru0006 View Post
    I get excellent battery life in both LTE and non LTE markets. LTE does drain it a bit faster (I'd say maybe by 20%?). Well worth it for the access speeds and still lasts me the whole day.
    Same for me in dfw I get great on WiFi,LTE, or hsdpa+

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)