Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: AT&T Order Status Thread

This sucks, checked online and it said first attempt made. Why didn't they just leave on the freaking door like I asked!

Got my phone an hour ago!

Having difficulty with their "Ready2Go" app and have been on hold with AT&T support for just about the full hour. Looks like their activation process is still not super smooth yet.

To answer an earlier question, UPS made me sign for the package when they delivered it but YMMV depending on locale...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #153  

Phone hasn't been delivered yet, which I guess is a good thing cause I haven't been home. My girlfriend is also waiting for something from UPS that hasn't been delivered yet either. If it's as bad as everyone's saying it is, I may just run up the street to the store to pick up a case and have it activated there.

My activation went just fine. I found the Ready2Go thing quite helpful as this is my first android device.

For those having trouble activating - are you switching to AT&T from another carrier? Or having trouble even when just upgrading the device (i.e. were with AT&T before as well)?

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

I got mine. When I opened the shipping box, I found that the phone box's seal was cut and the phone itself was not inside of any type of plastic bag.

Is this the case for anyone else?
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.

Still waiting for my UPS guy... Status on website says "on truck for delivery". Patience is not my strength.

Got mine today, Totally worth the wait. this thing is as beautiful as it is powerful!

I finally got the activation. I'm move from the skyrocket to one x, just have difficult because the micro sim and ATT solved this morning.
    I didnt have the chance to take pictures, but I can tell the sound beats is amazing.... got in love with it.

I just went by Radio Shack to see if my phone was in and apparently I am the only one to pre-order from this store, because the young guy said " We have one that came in". I was pretty excited, and the guy went to the back to get it, but soon returned to tell me that the manager has it locked up until launch date. You know where I'll be Sunday morning.
    AhlamO likes this.

My order status is complete. This is the first post for me with my brand new One X. This phone is crazy fast and the screen is awesome. Loving it so far.

Finally, got mine as well... Took it into the att store and was activated and ready to go within minutes. My first Android phone and rly loving it so far. Swiftkey keyboard is so much for better than the stock keyboard!

i
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar_of_tx View Post
    Finally, got mine as well... Took it into the att store and was activated and ready to go within minutes. My first Android phone and rly loving it so far. Swiftkey keyboard is so much for better than the stock keyboard!
    It's funny that you say that as Swiftkey was the very first app that I downloaded.

Everyone seems to agree that it's the best third party keyboard.. Glad I picked it

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newbey123 View Post
    This sucks, checked online and it said first attempt made. Why didn't they just leave on the freaking door like I asked!
    Same here. Even though the package was right down the road from my house, it took UPS 12 hours to deliver it. Now they aren't letting me pick it up today either due to the sender restricting the package to deliver to the address only. This is bogus. Now I have to wait until Monday! I'm furious.

Quote Originally Posted by davep1982 View Post
    Same here. Even though the package was right down the road from my house, it took UPS 12 hours to deliver it. Now they aren't letting me pick it up today either due to the sender restricting the package to deliver to the address only. This is bogus. Now I have to wait until Monday! I'm furious.

That sucks, I feel your pain. I want at least a day to mess around with it before the work week begins again.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar_of_tx View Post
    Everyone seems to agree that it's the best third party keyboard.. Glad I picked it
    The new beta version is even better.
    bbhybridchris likes this.

I tried the Beta of SwiftKey and didn't like it as much as SwiftKeyX

I assume with my luck I'm the only one having this issue:

Your activation is currently in progress. Please continue to use the original device until the activation is complete.

We will notify you in a confirmation email message when activation is complete. Then, place a test call to confirm that the activation was successful on your device. If the test call and activation are not successful, call Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.

Still no email and this was hours ago so I've had no service on either phone since my old phone's signal shut off.

Also, coming from a BlackBerry I'm struggling with a ton of things about the phone. I know these things are probably easy but I guess I'll ask them here.

How do you lock the phone? I have it set for pattern unlock but when I click the power button it's just the regular unlock.

How do you keep the screen from going off every 10 seconds or whatever it is? I have sleep set to two minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Google10 View Post
    I assume with my luck I'm the only one having this issue:

Your activation is currently in progress. Please continue to use the original device until the activation is complete.

We will notify you in a confirmation email message when activation is complete. Then, place a test call to confirm that the activation was successful on your device. If the test call and activation are not successful, call Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.

Still no email and this was hours ago so I've had no service on either phone since my old phone's signal shut off.

Also, coming from a BlackBerry I'm struggling with a ton of things about the phone. I know these things are probably easy but I guess I'll ask them here.

How do you lock the phone? I have it set for pattern unlock but when I click the power button it's just the regular unlock.

How do you keep the screen from going off every 10 seconds or whatever it is? I have sleep set to two minutes.

Thanks
    Coming from BlackBerry can be quite an experience. I have done it myself... luckily for me I have also been using a Galaxy Nexus on my VZW line. Take your time read the forums for a bunch of help and you'll figure it out. The biggest change is in the layout and how the settings are handled. If ya have any problems feel free to send me a message and I'll help ya however I can. This really is a great phone.. I can't put mine down lol. Does everything my blackberry did and then some!

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    The new beta version is even better.
    I agree.... SwiftKey beta 3 was the first thing I loaded on the phone today. The stock keyboard wasn't bad just the fact that I am used to it on my gNex so on it went.

@Google10 if you go to the privacy settings and choose which kind of lock you want directly underneath that is the option to set the time out for locking the phone. Default is set at 15 minutes. Change it to immediately if that is what you desire. The lock screen with the ring will come up and when you unlock it then you draw your pattern
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bbhybridchris View Post
    @Google10 if you go to the privacy settings and choose which kind of lock you want directly underneath that is the option to set the time out for locking the phone. Default is set at 15 minutes. Change it to immediately if that is what you desire. The lock screen with the ring will come up and when you unlock it then you draw your pattern
    Oh, well duh. Haha thank you. Now I just need to figure out the quick backlight timeout issue.

EDIT: The two minutes to sleep thing seems to be the correct setting and it's now working. Once AT&T gets me rolling I might not sleep myself because of constant playing with this thing.

i just ordered mine today so i have to wait but i did get free overnight shipping with my premier account i just paid the no commit price so that i don't have to renew a contract but can't wait it does say your device will ship in 5-7 days whaaaaaad why could they be sold out already?

@Google10 Yeah i agree this thing is alot of fun...first day using at work today so we will see how that goes...I work in an area where edge service is about what I get so I am curious to see what kind of battery life I get compared to the BB that I used down here. So far this morning I am very impressed. Anything else I can help ya with in your conversion let me know!!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast