[EVITA OFFICIAL REVIEW] ATT One X

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/att-htc-one-x-review

Any questions?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Given the storage restrictions, which would necessitate streaming of music (or a severely restricted selection on device), would you recommend this to someone that would have to sign up for one of AT&T's limited data plans?

I'm averaging 4.6 gb on my Verizon LTE plan right now, but I've had spikes up to over 8 GB. I stream music often, but I'm not a huge user.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Given the storage restrictions, which would necessitate streaming of music (or a severely restricted selection on device), would you recommend this to someone that would have to sign up for one of AT&T's limited data plans?

I'm averaging 4.6 gb on my Verizon LTE plan right now, but I've had spikes up to over 8 GB. I stream music often, but I'm not a huge user.

Your usage puts you in the realm of "huge user" according to AT&T. You could get throttled above 3gb's if you're on the unlimited plan. On the new plans you'd be charged $10 per GB over the 3gb they give you.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Your usage puts you in the realm of "huge user" according to AT&T. You could get throttled above 3gb's if you're on the unlimited plan. On the new plans you'd be charged $10 per GB over the 3gb they give you.

I'd sign up for the 5 gig plan. In my 'normal' months I use 2-4 GB. I'm just very wary because I have had months on Verizon where I've hit over 10 GB (two months ago I hit 13 GB). That's a hefty chunk of change if I decided to switch to AT&T and went over my limit. I would just have to be very careful to off-load to WiFi when I could.

A huge part of me loves the One X hardware and would make the sacrifices and compromises to switch over. A similarly large part just says to stick with Verizon and hope that something like the One X comes to big Red.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Its 5GB with the grandfathered unlimited plan and an LTE plan.

Nice review. Can you comment on Wi-Fi performance? Couple people using the Rogers version claim its very spotty.

Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Its 5GB with the grandfathered unlimited plan and an LTE plan.

Nice review. Can you comment on Wi-Fi performance? Couple people using the Rogers version claim its very spotty.

Did you read some of the other reviews? One of them (I think it was Phil's) said that the signal it shows for WiFi is low, but the actual signal is very strong.

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
So...the voice quality isn't great? Is the One X worse than other phones you've tried on AT&T or the same?

I had abandoned AT&T when the iPhone came to Verizon but am coming back for this phone. I had such a bad experience with the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon I won't get another Android phone with them.

I have a work Blackberry on AT&T and haven't noticed call quality any worse than on Verizon.

Thanks for the great review! One more quick question...do you know if there's any word on accessories? A dock that uses the PIN connector would be awesome.

GioTech

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Waste? Excuse me? The Galaxy S III WILL be using the same S4 processor in the US for LTE purposes, and it will most likely be plasticy feeling and not unibody construction as typical for Samsung, and it WILL have fugly cartoony Touchwiz on it. Fail.

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Waste? Excuse me? The Galaxy S III WILL be using the same S4 processor in the US for LTE purposes, and it will most likely be plasticy feeling and not unibody construction as typical for Samsung, and it WILL have fugly cartoony Touchwiz on it. Fail.

I was thinking the same thing! I read the comment and just laughed.

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Same thoughts here. After having the Galaxy Nexus I will not buy another Samsung phone. Cheap build quality and poor quality control.

Ardrid

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Using the Captivate and I couldn't agree more. Unless the Galaxy S3 is amazing from the point of view of performance and design, you won't catch me buying another Samsung device.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I think you'd be foolish to give up your Verizon Unlimited plan. Have some patience and some version of the One X will be on Verizon. It is rumored that the Droid Incredible 4G is a 4" version of the One S with micro SD and removable battery (supposedly May 10). Verizon and HTC get along great and they will continue to have a great relationship. While HTC wants to push their One brand (like Samsung with Galaxy) they have already shown they will differ to carriers with the Sprint EVO 4G LTE. I'm sure you'll have something comparable on Big Red in 6 months and it would cost you a fortune in either base plan or overages to move to ATT.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
a 4" version of the One S? Sounds good if true, but I think it's supposed to be about 50% thicker than the One S (literally)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC