http://www.androidcentral.com/att-htc-one-x-review

Any questions?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Re: [EVITA OFFICIAL REVIEW] ATT One X

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post

Any questions?

I have a question. You said that you will be purchasing this device on AT&T come May 6th. Are you willing to waste your upgrade even with the Galaxy S 3 on the horizon? Or could Samsung sway you from doing such a thing?

UPDATE: O.K. a couple of questions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts

I'm a special case.

Great review - thank you! I'm excited to get mine
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post

Any questions?

Given the storage restrictions, which would necessitate streaming of music (or a severely restricted selection on device), would you recommend this to someone that would have to sign up for one of AT&T's limited data plans?

I'm averaging 4.6 gb on my Verizon LTE plan right now, but I've had spikes up to over 8 GB. I stream music often, but I'm not a huge user.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Given the storage restrictions, which would necessitate streaming of music (or a severely restricted selection on device), would you recommend this to someone that would have to sign up for one of AT&T's limited data plans?

I'm averaging 4.6 gb on my Verizon LTE plan right now, but I've had spikes up to over 8 GB. I stream music often, but I'm not a huge user.
    Your usage puts you in the realm of "huge user" according to AT&T. You could get throttled above 3gb's if you're on the unlimited plan. On the new plans you'd be charged $10 per GB over the 3gb they give you.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Your usage puts you in the realm of "huge user" according to AT&T. You could get throttled above 3gb's if you're on the unlimited plan. On the new plans you'd be charged $10 per GB over the 3gb they give you.
    I'd sign up for the 5 gig plan. In my 'normal' months I use 2-4 GB. I'm just very wary because I have had months on Verizon where I've hit over 10 GB (two months ago I hit 13 GB). That's a hefty chunk of change if I decided to switch to AT&T and went over my limit. I would just have to be very careful to off-load to WiFi when I could.

A huge part of me loves the One X hardware and would make the sacrifices and compromises to switch over. A similarly large part just says to stick with Verizon and hope that something like the One X comes to big Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Its 5GB with the grandfathered unlimited plan and an LTE plan.

Nice review. Can you comment on Wi-Fi performance? Couple people using the Rogers version claim its very spotty.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Its 5GB with the grandfathered unlimited plan and an LTE plan.

Nice review. Can you comment on Wi-Fi performance? Couple people using the Rogers version claim its very spotty.
    Did you read some of the other reviews? One of them (I think it was Phil's) said that the signal it shows for WiFi is low, but the actual signal is very strong.

Did you read some of the other reviews? One of them (I think it was Phil's) said that the signal it shows for WiFi is low, but the actual signal is very strong.
    Thanks for that, I didn't see that.

Great review, thank you Phil. Very nice to hear that the battery life is strong on the device.

I'm going nuts over this damn phone lol. I want it so bad and two AT&T stores near me said they won't have any this Sunday. ):

So...the voice quality isn't great? Is the One X worse than other phones you've tried on AT&T or the same?

I had abandoned AT&T when the iPhone came to Verizon but am coming back for this phone. I had such a bad experience with the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon I won't get another Android phone with them.

I have a work Blackberry on AT&T and haven't noticed call quality any worse than on Verizon.

Thanks for the great review! One more quick question...do you know if there's any word on accessories? A dock that uses the PIN connector would be awesome.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Can you install out of market applications?

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Waste? Excuse me? The Galaxy S3 WILL be using the same S4 processor in the US for LTE purposes, and it will most likely be plasticy feeling and not unibody construction as typical for Samsung, and it WILL have fugly cartoony Touchwiz on it. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by GioTech View Post
    Waste? Excuse me? The Galaxy S3 WILL be using the same S4 processor in the US for LTE purposes, and it will most likely be plasticy feeling and not unibody construction as typical for Samsung, and it WILL have fugly cartoony Touchwiz on it. Fail.
    I was thinking the same thing! I read the comment and just laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by GioTech View Post
    Same thoughts here. After having the Galaxy Nexus I will not buy another Samsung phone. Cheap build quality and poor quality control.

Using the Captivate and I couldn't agree more. Unless the Galaxy S3 is amazing from the point of view of performance and design, you won't catch me buying another Samsung device.

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Personally, I think you'd be foolish to give up your Verizon Unlimited plan. Have some patience and some version of the One X will be on Verizon. It is rumored that the Droid Incredible 4G is a 4" version of the One S with micro SD and removable battery (supposedly May 10). Verizon and HTC get along great and they will continue to have a great relationship. While HTC wants to push their One brand (like Samsung with Galaxy) they have already shown they will differ to carriers with the Sprint EVO 4G LTE. I'm sure you'll have something comparable on Big Red in 6 months and it would cost you a fortune in either base plan or overages to move to ATT.

a 4" version of the One S? Sounds good if true, but I think it's supposed to be about 50% thicker than the One S (literally)...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chrikenn View Post
    a 4" version of the One S? Sounds good if true, but I think it's supposed to be about 50% thicker than the One S (literally)...
    Nah its probably going to be nexus thickness or thinner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    Personally, I think you'd be foolish to give up your Verizon Unlimited plan. Have some patience and some version of the One X will be on Verizon. It is rumored that the Droid Incredible 4G is a 4" version of the One S with micro SD and removable battery (supposedly May 10). Verizon and HTC get along great and they will continue to have a great relationship. While HTC wants to push their One brand (like Samsung with Galaxy) they have already shown they will differ to carriers with the Sprint EVO 4G LTE. I'm sure you'll have something comparable on Big Red in 6 months and it would cost you a fortune in either base plan or overages to move to ATT.
    That's where I'm leaning. As much as I lust for the One X, the costs/benefits for moving to att just aren't worth it. Even though I'm rapidly getting tired of the nexus, I could still bide my time going the old eBay route until I hit my upgrade or if there's something out that I decide I want. (Upgrade is next February)

That's where I'm leaning. As much as I lust for the One X, the costs/benefits for moving to att just aren't worth it. Even though I'm rapidly getting tired of the nexus, I could still bide my time going the old eBay route until I hit my upgrade or if there's something out that I decide I want. (Upgrade is next February)

Yeah I agree. I just can't see anyone giving up unlimited nowadays no matter what. I am sure Verizon has something up their sleeve. They are not gonna just sit there and watch sales take a hit while AT&T keeps bringing in customers for the One X.

You do know the Nexus is a completely different story on the GSM side don't ya? No radio issues.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Yeah I agree. I just can't see anyone giving up unlimited nowadays no matter what. I am sure Verizon has something up their sleeve. They are not gonna just sit there and watch sales take a hit while AT&T keeps bringing in customers for the One X.

You do know the Nexus is a completely different story on the GSM side don't ya? No radio issues.
    Ha. Well, the ICS keyboard is annoying with some of its predictions/corrections (if I put an apostrophe there, I meant to do it damnit!) The radio issues are aggravating, but its more just the overall experience. Its gotten old quick.

Best case scenario would be a new flagship Verizon (Droid One anyone?) that's been rebodied, a la Evo LTE.