HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody not impressed with the supposed specs of the Samsung Galaxy S3? The HTCs have always had better build quality than the plasticky Samsungs, and with the unibody polycarbonate shell of the One X, I don't see the S3 beating it in terms of looks this time round either.

So it comes down to specs and Touchwiz vs Sense. Specs being almost similar, it only makes sense to go with the HTC One X and people who pre-ordered the One X shouldn't feel like they jumped the gun by not waiting for the S3 to come out. What say the OneXers?

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-tech-specs.jpg

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So it comes down to specs and Touchwiz vs Sense. Specs being almost similar, it only makes sense to go with the HTC One X

You make is sound cut and dry. TW is not that terrible. I can directly compare S3.6 and TW3 both have there ups and downs. It just comes down to preference.

Anyway, you are kinda comparing apples to invisible oranges. The final specs still are unknown for the SGS3. I know that most of them are out there, but you never know until you hear it from the horses mouth.

IF both of them come to ATT (or anyone but Verizon) it will all be about preference. If the SGS3 comes to Verizon it is sunk. I am becoming more and more convinced that sammy cannot build a decent radio for that network..

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You make is sound cut and dry. TW is not that terrible. I can directly compare S3.6 and TW3 both have there ups and downs. It just comes down to preference.

Anyway, you are kinda comparing apples to invisible oranges. The final specs still are unknown for the SGS3. I know that most of them are out there, but you never know until you hear it from the horses mouth.

IF both of them come to ATT (or anyone but Verizon) it will all be about preference. If the SGS3 comes to Verizon it is sunk. I am becoming more and more convinced that sammy cannot build a decent radio for that network..

If it has an S4 as rumored, then Samsung won't have any hand in the radio.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The specs are far from the same. Are you talking about the Tegra 3? The Exynos has a 32nm quad core which will most likely if not definitely outperform the Tegra 3. A lot of specs also say that the SGS3 will come witha 2MP front facing camera, 12MP back camera and MicroSD card slot. Those are major players in a deciding factor.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The specs are far from the same. Are you talking about the Tegra 3? The Exynos has a 32nm quad core which will most likely if not definitely outperform the Tegra 3. A lot of specs also say that the SGS3 will come witha 2MP front facing camera, 12MP back camera and MicroSD card slot. Those are major players in a deciding factor.

The US version will have the same Snapdragon that the One X has. It will be interesting to see what happens with the cameras, because they could end up being outgunned by HTC's lower megapixel offerings.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
After all the whining about the One X non removeable battery, I will lmao if Samsung follows Motorola and HTC trend...thats the only thing i'm looking forward to.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, there is nothing to make galaxy s3 stand out from the rest of the Android phones. It has to blow me away for me to get that. The fact that HTC One X has Sense and Samsung has TouchWiz pushes me to the HTC boat. Better quality and design makes me stay there. If wireless charging or 1080p screen isn't present, One X is the better phone just because it runs Sense 4 and ICS.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I am excited for the official announcement. Look forward to the actual specs. Either way the one X is s very solid offering.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
As a One X owner, I'm not worried about S3 at all. If it was to be better choice for my personal needs, I would simply sell One X and got S3 when it's out. But I'm 95% sure I will keep One X.
Reasons are:
S3 will most likely have GNexus screen (my previous phone) so it's like a step back for me. But still great upgrade for all SGS2 folks.
S3 will have 32nm quad core which will be faster than Tegra 3 (most likely both: CPU and GPU) and will consume less power, I know that. But I still prefer Tegra 3 because of games and nvidia support provided to developers. I don't want to get a phone that is 2-5x faster, but doesn't have ANY games to show off that power.
For that reason, I will most likely wait few months for Tegra 3+ (32nm + 24 GPU cores) phone and then half a year later, Tegra 4.
SGS3 is still great phone and for many people it will be hard to decide which to get: One X or SGS3. But for me, One X is definitely a keeper.
Unless someone doesn't care about games at all and wants max battery life and can live with a bit of screen fuzziness which is very hard to notice and some display ghosting effects which you can get used to and ignore, then SGS3 is better choice than One X.
If SGS3 has USB Host and SD CARD slot and you need those two, that's another selling point.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Both phones will be great, so really in the end it likely wont matter what option you go with. Me personally, I am waiting to see first when the GSIII is going to be release and secondly storage. That is the only issue with the One X (in NorthAmerica anyways). 16GB and no SD slot is difficult for many.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Well it's (The GSIII) here. Upon first glance I think both phones have what the other needs. HTC has the hardware design nearly perfected with the One X's gorgeous body, but Samsung did offer some key features that some people needed to have. I'm disappointed with how uninspired the GSIII looks. I'm gonna stick with the One X.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well there's no more 'most likely' where the GS3 is concerned. The cat is out of the bag and from the live commentary from Phil and Alex the phone looks amazing with some very advanced technology, lightning fast camera and video features, ICS 4.0.4, Touch Wiz 4, wireless charging, 4.8" HD screen, etc, etc, etc.. beautiful looking too and an array of cool accessories. Sammy looks to have a REAL winner here and Phil says the US tour is in June. So the question is will be have access to it in June? I wonder.

Regardless the GS3 is going to be a hard act to follow, or so it appears. The phone is packed with advanced features and technology that also has an assistant similar to "Siri"..Time will tell :) :cool:

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it's (The GSIII) here. Upon first glance I think both phones have what the other needs. HTC has the hardware design nearly perfected with the One X's gorgeous body, but Samsung did offer some key features that some people needed to have. I'm disappointed with how uninspired the GSIII looks. I'm gonna stick with the One X.

Yep you are spot on...what we need is the GSIII with it's larger removable battery and SD slot along with the One X's shell and screen.

Both phones are great but seeing as the GSIII wont be in America until "summer" which likely means July/August at best I will be opting for the One X next week.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep you are spot on...what we need is the GSIII with it's larger removable battery and SD slot along with the One X's shell and screen.

Both phones are great but seeing as the GSIII wont be in America until "summer" which likely means July/August at best I will be opting for the One X next week.

I believe the blogs are saying a US release is coming in June. I wonder if the US models will have different hardware than the international version though. I've always liked the US hardware more. The generic design of the flagship one is enough to make me not even want it.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what size battery the GSIII is packing? I expect this to be the phones weak point.

The battery is actually the strongest of points... I forgot the mA, it's 2000+ anyway.

-------

Just viewed the up close demonstration,

It's a little big ugly guys, just reminds me of those old ugly clamshell phones (especially the back aghhhh)

Blue? Nature? Pebble? ... What happened to a GALAXY?

OS defiantly has some home screen lag, just like our HOX - phew ....

Still 8mp, still quad core, still 1gb ram.

Still touchwiz, & still a pentile display.

Hmm,

Either HTC really did bring their A-Game, or maybe Samsung have not delivered as good as people hoped?

It certainly won't disappoint any HOX purchasers, HOX has the better screen, design & OS.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe the blogs are saying a US release is coming in June. I wonder if the US models will have different hardware than the international version though. I've always liked the US hardware more. The generic design of the flagship one is enough to make me not even want it.

The US tour is June so it could certainly be available in June however it's likely July best case.

I agree about the design and specs...certainly is a great phone however nothing special. The One X has a better screen and better design (in my opinion).

Reactions: pascal333

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
After watching the release, the software on the SIII is freaking awesome. I'm still getting the HOX because I'm impatient, but I'm fairly sure I'll be grabbing the SIII as well.

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The S3 is a very nice phone, but it is not good enough to make me regret preordering the One X.

The S3 will be a good phone for those that wanted more storage and bigger battery.

In the end, I am so glad my One X will be here tomorrow! :)