Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Hiding apps in Sense 4.0/ICS

Phil mentions "hiding" apps in the latest review... How does one go about doing this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Hiding apps in Sense 4.0/ICS

Quote Originally Posted by VeryOddManOut View Post
    Phil mentions "hiding" apps in the latest review... How does one go about doing this?
    ry this article: Android AdvicesHow to Remove / Disable the Bloatware Apps in the HTC One X
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, so its not actually hiding the app, its disabling the app. That sucks, because the main reason I use ADW is to hide stuff like Flash Settings, Downloads, and other icons that I never use but still want on the phone :-(

I believe Nova Launcher and Apex both allow hiding in the app drawer and are based on ICS. They would be good alternatives to ADW if you get a One X.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryOddManOut View Post
    Ok, so its not actually hiding the app, its disabling the app. That sucks, because the main reason I use ADW is to hide stuff like Flash Settings, Downloads, and other icons that I never use but still want on the phone :-(
    It serves a completely different purpose, but disabling apps is actually quite a cool feature because I hate all the ATT bloat and it's very easy to just disable those apps and they don't show up and they don't run. It was one of the first things I did when I got my phone.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Can't wait for ICS on my Dinc 2 to disable a bunch of the Verizon Bloatware (NO, I don't want to root). My phone runs well as it is but not having to page through a bunch of apps I don't need or want will be great.