Bluetooth A2DP sound quality compared to previous HTC phones

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So, anyone with this phone try out Bluetooth A2DP (like a car stereo or boombox) yet?

My EVO 3D sounds atrocious and I know others have had this issue with HTC's phones. They use a crap bitrate setting and it's a shame, because if you run an AOSP ROM, it sounds perfect. I've done a test with an AOSP EVO 4G, EVO 3D, and the iPhone. The iPhone and 4G sound great, the 3D is so poor it's not worth listening to.

Has anyone who had a previous HTC phone that hated the quality tried this phone out yet?

Please don't just say "It sounds great" if you haven't had an issue before, because it may not be 100% apparent if you don't know what a good A2DP phone sounds like compared to just how utterly bad HTC's phones have been.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It seems much better than my vivid. the connection is more stable and it now has "beats" audio enabled too. using a plantronics stereo headset.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Bump! This is the deciding factor for me between the One X and GS3!

Honestly should be the same on both phones. They both have bluetooth 4.0 and i'm pretty sure aptx sound built-in. If the S3 doesn't then the One X will have better sound through bluetooth when connected to something else that also has aptx.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

The Shag

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I know that they both have A2DP, but the One X doesn't have APT-X without the Stereo Clip. I believe the S3 has APT-X built in, but it's hard to find that technical of information.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
my two previous phones were the Samsung gnex and the Samsung captivate. The hox sounds the same over bt.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Windows store at my local mall and paired my phone with a Jambox and a Big Jambox for testing purposes. The sound quality was superb. It was identical to using an aux input, and beats audio is also enabled.
However, later I paired my phone with an old/cheap pair of bluetooth headphones, and the sound quality was terrible. So I'm assuming that the bluetooth receiver has a lot to do with sound quality.

Reactions: The Shag

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know that they both have A2DP, but the One X doesn't have APT-X without the Stereo Clip. I believe the S3 has APT-X built in, but it's hard to find that technical of information.

Are you sure? Apt-x should work with anything else that supports it, like the new bluetooth Klipsch 1 headphones they recently announced.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Just started with the One X, had a Galaxy Nexus previous (SGS2 and Vibrant before that) and the One X's BT audio in my car is by far the best of the phones i've heard through the stereo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie