Will the One X still be available for $49-$149 in June or July?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does Amazon wireless usually continue their specials for some time after the phone has been launched or do they go back to the original $199 immediately after the official release date? Are there any other places other than Amazon where I could snag the One X for lower price than AT&T in a couple of months time when I become upgrade eligible?

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will the One X still be available for $49-$149 in June or Jul

I would imagine all the current promotions will most likely be over with by then. But, you never know!

Last edited:

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Every now and then Amazon Wireless will have great sales on virtually all of their phones. I remember shortly after the GS2 was released it went on sale for a penny on Amazon. You may run into trouble if you're trying to upgrade, but I'd still keep an eye out. Your best bet is probably around a holiday, so Memorial Day or Independence Day. Their sales usually aren't heavily advertised until the day before or even the day of (if I'm remembering correctly) so make sure you're prepared to purchase at a moment's notice if you really want it. Good luck!

WolvesWR18

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Any $49 deals still available? Radioshack shows $149 now. Purchased Gray X One from Amazon last night for $149 because they have the 14 day price match

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

When I called Radio Shack the other day, they told me the $49 deal was over. One of the other differences between RS and Amazon though is that Amazon does not charge sales tax on the full retail price of a device while I believe RS does. For us CA residents, this can amount to another $50-$65 savings on top of the free shipping. Amazon also does not charge a restocking fee if you return the device like ATT or RS. Since I have an individual account, the $49 deal wouldn't work for me anyway, LOL. I think I'll just watch Amazon and see what deals if any pop up. Meantime, I think we all have to wait and see what issues surface with the ATT One X as people have them for a while. It seems some issues have already surfaced when reading this forum.

WolvesWR18

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
When I called Radio Shack the other day, they told me the $49 deal was over. One of the other differences between RS and Amazon though is that Amazon does not charge sales tax on the full retail price of a device while I believe RS does. For us CA residents, this can amount to another $50-$65 savings on top of the free shipping. Amazon also does not charge a restocking fee if you return the device like ATT or RS. Since I have an individual account, the $49 deal wouldn't work for me anyway, LOL. I think I'll just watch Amazon and see what deals if any pop up. Meantime, I think we all have to wait and see what issues surface with the ATT One X as people have them for a while. It seems some issues have already surfaced when reading this forum.

Thanks for the info. Based on past results HTC is pretty quick about getting early bugs resolved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mbaran

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I did not pay sales tax on my RS.com order, I do live in CA.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Jeez, what the heck kind of tax rates is CA rolling with? The tax on my One X @ $199 was $16 here in Texas. $50+... wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol