Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 & One X Camera Shots Comparison

Here are some real camera shots take from Galaxy S3 and One X:

[Update: I put them on Google Drive this time since dropbox suspend my sharing due to excessive amount of traffic...]

First photos from Galaxy S3 and followed by One X

Last edited by jenglish7; 05-05-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: leave the source link out
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    ashmiller, mtdewed and harrynghiem like this.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Default Re: Galaxy S3 & One X Camera Shots Comparison

Wow kind of a draw there. Some I clearly think the S3 is better and some the One X looks better...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    Wow kind of a draw there. Some I clearly think the S3 is better and some the One X looks better...interesting.
    As a die-hard Samsung fan, I have to disagree with you 100%. The HTC One X's shots look way better than every GSIII shot.

Good stuff HTC,

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Some of the GSIII pics looked washed out, especially the one with the blue door.
    BTSee likes this.

I see on the GS III it doesn't handle lights very well. If you look at the chandeliers for example, you'll see light rays shooting out, whereas on the One X it's clean. The One X is also better in lowlight but the GS III is better in outside settings.
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1

I think the gs3 looks washed out outside, One X clearly to me at least has the better camera.
    KoukiFC3S and robstunner like this.

I agree with the washed out, grainy look the gs3 has. IMO, except for maybe two or three shots, the one X wins.

Wow, congrats HTC on finally making an amazing camera! These shots definitely beat the galaxy s3
    Last edited by nathy321; 05-05-2012 at 01:04 PM.

It seems the HTC does a better job handling higher contrast scenes. The skies on the outdoor shots are completely clipped to white on the SGIII, whereas the HTC retains some detail there. Although, it seems to lose a little bit brightness in the rest of scene.

I think the HTC shows better depth of field in some of those indoor shots.

Quote Originally Posted by nathy321 View Post
    Wow, congtrats HTC on finally making an amazing camera! These shots definitely beat the galaxy s3
    HTC has been making great cameras for a while now. The Rezound uses an f2.2 and takes great pics. HTC is kicking **** in all aspects IMO. This is coming from a moto fanboy.

I would have to agree here as well.. The One X in most cases seems to have more accurate color saturation and handles low light situations better. I think the resolution seems better on the One X as well. However, the S III shots are FAR better than those I've seen with a Skyrocket so they've made great strides.

I will be curious to see how the One X fairs here in the US once people have taken delivery on them and experienced their pros and cons for a while. There's no device out there without some issues, so we need to see how things fly! Thanks for posting the shots.. very helpful when considering both devices, which is what many of us are doing now!

Ok, so we already knew the HOX has a better screen & better design, but now a better camera too over the sgs3 - I guess HTC really did play their best hand this time!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    Ok, so we already knew the HOX has a better screen & better design, but now a better camera too over the sgs3 - I guess HTC really did play their best hand this time!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. Samsung gambled heavily on software. In what appeared to be yet another copy of Apple with S Voice. Even going as far as demoing weather with it. Again, just like Apple did. Ridiculous. GSIII was designed by lawyers plain and simple. And they did a pathetic job.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

I would take this with a grain of salt considering the device he used to take the S III pictures here is not the final retail device nor does it have (presumably) the same SoC that we will get in the USA - not sure if that would make a difference.

Pics not working??

Quote Originally Posted by shea-bird View Post
    Pics not working??
    Looks like he exceeded his download quota wherever he had them hosted.

Has anybody tried to compare the HTC One X camera with an iPhone 4S which arguably takes the best pics on a smartphone?
    BTSee likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    Has anybody tried to compare the HTC One X camera with an iPhone 4S which arguably takes the best pics on a smartphone?
    There was a comparison on a few different sites. The cameras are comparable, with each having their own strengths and weaknesses. The biggest difference is that the one exaggerates the colors a bit and the iPhone is a bit cooler.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    I would take this with a grain of salt considering the device he used to take the S III pictures here is not the final retail device nor does it have (presumably) the same SoC that we will get in the USA - not sure if that would make a difference.
    Nope. It will only make a difference with video.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Ok now. Up and running with Google Drive sharing.

WOW. Thanks for the photos, jenglish7. Pics 5 & 8 make it plain how much better the One X camera is. The GS3 looks extremely washed out in almost every frame.

Wow. HTC just blows the Samsung away.
    Fine detail. Focus precision, color fidelity, and dynamic range. All Points to HTC.

Then there is that whacky flare coming off of all the lights. Not just the chandelier, even the street lights and building signs.

Both sets of pictures look pretty fantastic. I can't believe how far manufacturers have come in such a short time. Looks like either camera will make people very happy.

HOX wins hands down.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast