Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

Quote Originally Posted by Droid Husker View Post
    In a thread over on XDA, there is some discussion about the Visual Voicemail thing, and someone said that you can download AT&T Visual Voicemail from the market on the One X. I don't have my phone yet, so I can't test this out, but I would try and check that out.
    I just looked and I don't see it. In the meantime I am using the "Better YouMail". It is interesting because it can be set up so it will call the caller by first name (if they are in your contacts) when it says you aren't available.

In a thread over on XDA, there is some discussion about the Visual Voicemail thing, and someone said that you can download AT&T Visual Voicemail from the market on the One X. I don't have my phone yet, so I can't test this out, but I would try and check that out.
    I couldn't find an AT&T app for visual voicemail, but did download and set up voicemail through AT&T Messages app that I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamdunne View Post
    I couldn't find an AT&T app for visual voicemail, but did download and set up voicemail through AT&T Messages app that I found.
    That's the one... I just noticed today that it also does a text version of your voicemail, which is a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkomatic View Post
    Don't know if it's a bug or not but I'm using the productivity lock screen and have a reminder for an all day appt tomorrow that will not go away. I've gone into the calendar and opened the appt but there's no place to dismiss the reminder. It's also not there on the notification pull-down.

Other emails and reminders are showing and clearing in the lock screen. Weird...
    Yep... same here. It's made even worse because I have several calendars associated with my google account (co-workers/family) and no matter what I select in the settings, all of their events show up in my lock screen. I can't even see any of my events, because they are all blocked by these other events.
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

I've had an issue with Calendar alerts for appointments setup across time zones. For example, for an appointment that was setup for 10:30am eastern time, I received the 15 minute alert for the call at 10:15am central time (should have been a 9:15am alert). Looks like it isn't translating the time difference between zones. The account is an exchange server sync account. I've double checked all of the device time zone settings.

Anyone else having this issue?

Visual Voicemail is included in the LTE plan
    Thanked by:

How because the phone didn't come pre-loaded with a visual voice mail app that is a bug?? Let's report REAL BUGS!

Mine... when I plug it to charge the red light turns ON but the phone doesn't show as it charging... on Settings >> Power it still show as discharging. Anyone with this?
    brekfest likes this.

Question Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

I've had an iPhone for the past 5 years.
    I decided to take the plunge & buy an android yesterday.
    I purchased the AT&T HTC One XL.

This is my experience so far:

For example:
    1) Audio -- while listening to music, opening another app sometimes either crashes the player or momentarily fragments the sound.

2) Connectivity (in NYC using the 4G LTE network) -- very patchy. Seems to go in and out, even though I've never had these issues in the same area on the 3G network. Don't know if this is a network issue, or just a phone connectivity issue overall. Pandora constantly goes 'in and out'.

3) Seems like there is no caching (anywhere):
    a) Opening a web site, briefly checking my mail, and then switching back to the website, makes the website reload.
    b) Conversely, opening, e..g, my mail, going to the web browser, and then going back to my mail, makes my mail reload.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
    Do I have a faulty phone?
    Are any of these 'issues' just the way the android OS works? (like said, i've never used android before, so i have no clue.!)
    Will a future software update fix them?

I'm very much contemplating returning this device and reviving my iphone 4;
    but I don't want to if i don't have to -- android allows everyone I wish the iphone would.

Thanks,
    --newb
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by justmart View Post
    Mine... when I plug it to charge the red light turns ON but the phone doesn't show as it charging... on Settings >> Power it still show as discharging. Anyone with this?
    Mine definitely shows that it's charging, both from the lock and the home screen, via an animation of the battery symbol in the notification bar. Sounds like it may be your device.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSherms View Post
    Mine definitely shows that it's charging, both from the lock and the home screen, via an animation of the battery symbol in the notification bar. Sounds like it may be your device.
    I noticed that is when the screen is OFF, If I plug the phone with the screen ON the battery change to charge and show as charging.
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by justmart View Post
    I noticed that is when the screen is OFF, If I plug the phone with the screen ON the battery change to charge and show as charging.
    When I plug mine in while it is off, the only indication of it charging is that the red LED turns on (in other words, plugging it in to charge does not turn on the screen). Although, if I then check the lock screen, the notification bar shows charging as well.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MrSherms View Post
    When I plug mine in while it is off, the only indication of it charging is that the red LED turns on (in other words, plugging it in to charge does not turn on the screen). Although, if I then check the lock screen, the notification bar shows charging as well.
    Thank you MR for your response. I just tested over here at work and it worked! I will test again at home... maybe is the cable at home... who knows. Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    MrSherms likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paz2005 View Post
    1) Audio -- while listening to music, opening another app sometimes either crashes the player or momentarily fragments the sound.

2) Connectivity (in NYC using the 4G LTE network) -- very patchy. Seems to go in and out, even though I've never had these issues in the same area on the 3G network. Don't know if this is a network issue, or just a phone connectivity issue overall. Pandora constantly goes 'in and out'.

3) Seems like there is no caching (anywhere):
    a) Opening a web site, briefly checking my mail, and then switching back to the website, makes the website reload.
    b) Conversely, opening, e..g, my mail, going to the web browser, and then going back to my mail, makes my mail reload.
    I'm coming from an iPhone 4S myself. I can't address all your issues but maybe this'll help.

1. I'm using my iPhone as my audio player now so not using my HTC for audio but I did goof around with Pandora and was switching apps just fine on the HTC.

2. I'm in CA and LTE is hit or miss in my area. I do see the 'LTE' indicator bounce back and forth. With my iPhone, I didn't see it cause the iPhone didn't have LTE.

3. Using the Dolphin browser and see the reloading of websites with some. My company's website does reload but if I'm on a Google page and have done a search for something, it doesn't reload when I come back to it.

So, the wifi thing happened again to me. Kind of an issue I'd say. The wifi connection won't disconnect when I leave a network. Ugh.

That actually did happen to me yesterday but hasn't happened again. I chalked it up to loading all kinds of apps on it and getting it all setup. I was about 30 mi. away from my house and noticed I wasn't getting any data; then saw that it said I was still connected to my home wifi network.
    Awesome router.

Quote Originally Posted by brekfest View Post
    That's the one... I just noticed today that it also does a text version of your voicemail, which is a nice bonus.
    Just an FYI but that feature is $4/month...

Quote Originally Posted by jdt4 View Post

I had both the vivid and skyrocket both phones had visual vociemail without an additional charge. Tried the AT&T messages app but didn't like that I was getting duplicates of my texts, stock and AT&T messages. Didn't like the format of texting in the AT&T messaging app so uninstalled it for time being. Didn't say anything in the apps settings about disabling the texting through it? Anyone else using it?

Quote Originally Posted by brekfest View Post
    Yep... same here. It's made even worse because I have several calendars associated with my google account (co-workers/family) and no matter what I select in the settings, all of their events show up in my lock screen. I can't even see any of my events, because they are all blocked by these other events.
    This was pissing me off too, but I figured it out. Go into personalize, then lock screen, then for the productivity lock screen, select settings and then choose which calendars you want included.

Why you have to do this twice rather than it using only the calendars selected in the main calendar app, I don't know, but at least this solves the problem.

I came across this thread while Google searching for visual voice mail. I am shocked it isn't included. I switched to this phone from my BlackBerry 9900, and while I love it so far, the no visual VM is kind of a deal breaker for me. I don't want the stupid attention messages app, either.

- Anthony

Awesome router.
    It's not the router. Others are mentioning this exact issue in this thread. And, all my other wireless devices seem to have no issue disconnecting when out of range.

I am trying to use Google Voice but it wont install due to some "forwarding number issue with my carrier" anyone else having this issue with Google Voice?

Interesting... Hadn't noticed that before. It's not something I asked for, and it doesn't show up on my account online.

One thing I noticed is that under the data options, the DataPro 3GB or DataPlus 300MB plans say they don't include VVM. My plan is the LTE Smartphone Unlimited Personal Add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by adg44 View Post
    This was pissing me off too, but I figured it out. Go into personalize, then lock screen, then for the productivity lock screen, select settings and then choose which calendars you want included.

Why you have to do this twice rather than it using only the calendars selected in the main calendar app, I don't know, but at least this solves the problem.

I came across this thread while Google searching for visual voice mail. I am shocked it isn't included. I switched to this phone from my BlackBerry 9900, and while I love it so far, the no visual VM is kind of a deal breaker for me. I don't want the stupid attention messages app, either.

- Anthony
    Thanks, but that's actually what I have been doing and doesn't work. I even tried unsyncing my google calendars entirely. I basically worked around this issue by deleting my google account from the phone and reinstalling it without syncing any calendars. Then, I set up that same google account through Exchange ActiveSync and am using that for my calendars. Working properly now.
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Two more minor bugs that I've come across (let me know if anyone else is having these same issues):

1) When I receive email on the stock email app, any weblinks within the body are not click-able. In fact, none of the text is able to be copied either. I have to either reply or forward in order to be able to select the text.

2) When using the Personalized Lock Screen, all of my Google Calendars show up, regardless of the settings. Settings > Personalize > Lock screen style > Productivity - this has a separate settings tab for the display items. I can select all of my calendars or none of them, and the same calendar items will still appear.
    Last edited by MrSherms; 05-08-2012 at 10:31 AM.

It's not the router. Others are mentioning this exact issue in this thread. And, all my other wireless devices seem to have no issue disconnecting when out of range.
    I know haha. I guess sarcasm didn't come across.

I know haha. I guess sarcasm didn't come across.
    Nope, it didn't but it's all good.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast