HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

Hshure

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Having issues charging... I plug the charger the red light turns on but the cel doesn't show like is charging. Anyone having this?

I have had this issue. I found that if I unplug the cable from the phone and then plug it in again that the battery icon then shows charging. Just doesnt pick up the first time for some reason.

Hshure

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
What about cell signal? Are any of you noticing that you have a much worse cell signal than with your previous phone (iPhone 4S/Galaxy Note for me)? I have 1 bar a lot of the time and then it also jumps a lot. one moment I have 1 bar then I have 4 and then down to 2 all in a matter of 10 seconds stting in the same spot. I've also had it flip into E and then G then back to 4G. I am in the Los Angeles area (San Fernando Valley).

It's really driving me nuts. People can't hear me well and other times all I hear are choppy voices. Didnt have this problem with the precious 2 phones.

scottymomo

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
When I go into the Fast App Switcher (sorry if i have the wrong name) it randomly shows that maps is open yet I have never opened maps since I got the phone Sunday. Anyone else?

Yes I get that as well..it takes you back to the homescreen so not sure why it shows at all, weird..

Ardrid

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the messaging bug. I don't receive txts randomly I have tried the stock app and handcent, no difference. :( Very frustrating.

This is, more likely than not, an AT&T/SIM card issue. I've had the same problem with my Captivate and it took replacing the SIM (3 times) and making sure all of AT&T's provisioning was correct before the problem finally went away.

CobraKahn#AC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
1.Use Google Voice. When you set it up online on your PC, you will get instructions on how to forward your VM to Google Voice. Also on page 1 of this thread.

2. Car Mode/Screen Lock. When using Car mode in the car dock, it will crash. You need to change the settings so that the screen is always on when charging. This should be automatic with car mode but apparantly isn't.

3. Bluetooth car contact sync crashing. When connecting to my car's phone system with bluetooth, if I allow the car to request access to the phonebook, my bluetooth connection crashes and has to be reset from scratch. Apparantly this has to do with syncing Facebook contacts to the phone. When the car asks for the contacts, the phone tries to get info. from Facebook, and the whole process blows up. I will try to disable Facebook and see if this is fixed.

4. On the upside I saw 37 Mbps downloads yesterday. Insane.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
What about cell signal? Are any of you noticing that you have a much worse cell signal than with your previous phone (iPhone 4S/Galaxy Note for me)? I have 1 bar a lot of the time and then it also jumps a lot. one moment I have 1 bar then I have 4 and then down to 2 all in a matter of 10 seconds stting in the same spot. I've also had it flip into E and then G then back to 4G. I am in the Los Angeles area (San Fernando Valley).

It's really driving me nuts. People can't hear me well and other times all I hear are choppy voices. Didnt have this problem with the precious 2 phones.

i had that happen, i tried a new sim as the bestbuy store put my 4s sim in it, the sims for the oneX are different since it has LTE.. but that didnt help.. so i exchanged for another one x from a different best buy.. and got a new sim from a AT&T store since BB didnt have LTE sims..the new one seems alot better with a stronger signal in most places.. today though it has done the signal drop from 5 to 1 then back up a few times.. i dunno if its due to the rainy weather or if its the phone..my wife's iphone 4 was signal jumping yesterday evening some.. so i dunno if maybe they are doing some tower work around here to prep for LTE
or what

Reactions: Hshure

digthemlows

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
this phone doesn't multi-task. Switching between apps and they "start over" go to a web page you were at, and it refreshes..........and move out of wifi area and data doesn't connect.......it doesn't seem to "remember" previous states or something......??? Super annoying on the switching between open apps thing

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've got the message notification issue where it never shows or notifies me of a new message....the biggest problem I am having that is a show stopper for me is voice call loss. I use my phone for work and getting calls is very important for me. The only way I know it has stopped working is I will receive a voicemail and no missed call. So OK maybe I didn't have service and I missed the call fine...I go to check the voicemail and nothing...no dialing or anything. Try and call another number to verify again nothing but dead silence. Only way of fixing this for me is to restart the phone. I do that and it will work again....sometimes though I then can't send text messages...so restart again. Today I had no voice after a restart within another hour it was down again...big big deal for me. I have had to restart the phone 12 times today..not happy! Love the phone but can't deal with this....att suggests to go to a store and exchange devices...tomorrow evening I will and will report back on this issue.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing an odd issue with it not keeping time like it should. This morning I woke up at 6:50 am and my work iPhone had the right time but my One X was about 20 minutes or more slower.

I had to restart it to get the time to correct... Not quite sure what is going on with that.

adicool007

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Bought my One X on the day of launch - I get great HSPA+ speeds - 9-11Mbps down and 1.5-2 Mbps up!!!
However, lots of issues as well:
1. I was browsing the internet on 4G and my wife was trying to call me and her calls never got through. I was unable to make any outbound calls as well. I had to restart the phone to get it back up. This is very worrying as we would then miss any emergency calls and defeat the purpose of the cell phone.

2. I notice that the WiFi doesn't change to 4G data when I leave home. Instead it shows as if I am still at home for sometime and I need to switch OFF the WiFi and turn it back ON for it to switch to the 4G network. Also, I had an issue where WiFi would come and go intermittently, sometimes based on how I held the phone. The phone automatically restarted and it seemed to go away.

3. There was an initial problem on the first day - where it wouldn't connect to the data network. I had to restart the phone to get it to connect properly.

4. There seems to be no Visual Voicemail app or option. Coming from the iPhone - that seems to be a basic need. Also, when I grip the phone in the upper half, WiFi signal seems to drop off - like the old iPhone Antennagate issue. Anyone having this issue???

5. My phone doesn't seem to indicate always that the battery is charging when I connect it to the AC adapter. I opened the Power section in the settings and it changed. It seems as if the phone is refusing to update the status without being forced to.

I will look to see how things go. But if things don't improve in the next week or so - I will need to return and/or exchange this phone.

Does anyone know if there is a software update or improvement when changing to a new handset??

jdt4

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I hesitate to call this a bug, so if it's just me not knowing what I am doing, please let me know, but I am having a heck of a time trying to see my emails. I have 3 email addresses, one for work, school, and a personal one (gmail), so I set all three up in the "Mail" app. When I open the emails it looks as though they are zoomed in too much and I cannot pinch to zoom out of them. I am able to zoom in further, but it is very difficult to read email this way.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok so this is getting bad. The first day I had my One X the time was about 20 minutes off after having it on for the day the next day it did the same thing and the only way i have found to fix it is to restart the phone. So therefore I have to restart the phone EVERY morning and sometimes during the day!

I use my phone as my alarm in the morning, this is not good because it has been at least 30 minutes off each morning. Thank god for my internal alarm :-(

Is it a defective unit or an HTC problem? Please help!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this is getting bad. The first day I had my One X the time was about 20 minutes off after having it on for the day the next day it did the same thing and the only way i have found to fix it is to restart the phone. So therefore I have to restart the phone EVERY morning and sometimes during the day!

I use my phone as my alarm in the morning, this is not good because it has been at least 30 minutes off each morning. Thank god for my internal alarm :-(

I've never had that issue with mine.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

swhoutx

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing an odd issue with it not keeping time like it should. This morning I woke up at 6:50 am and my work iPhone had the right time but my One X was about 20 minutes or more slower.

I had to restart it to get the time to correct... Not quite sure what is going on with that.

I am having this issue too.

swhoutx

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I am experiencing this as well.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Cant exactly be rebooting my phone every morning especially considering it is my alarm clock :-( This is disturbing its happened to me every day since I activated the phone.

mooechili

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Got a One X for my wife last Sunday, trying it for 30 days. I've had a Hero for 2 years and now a Nexus S 4G for a year +, running ICS 4.0.4. My wife has had the HTC Evo for the last 2 years, she likes Sense, I prefer stock.

We're both checking it out, she is not the best at tech nor am I, just better than her. :) One thing I've found is I make folders, name them, then later the name gets garbled by what looks like the names of apps in the folder. Just redid them and trying to duplicate the error. I took the AT&T apps and put them in a folder named AT&T, later the folder was there with the name garbled and the apps were all outside of the folder as well as inside. Also, phantom shortcuts appear.

To be fair, both of us are using the phone, she says she didn't add the shortcuts so I can't be 100% that is the truth. Also, one folder disappeared, again she said it wasn't her. Wondering if anyone has had this problem with folder names and shortcuts magically appearing?

A big difference I've noted is that on my phone when I click on phone and go to contacts I get the Windows style layout, large pictures of favorite contacts followed by frequently called followed by contact list. If I click on the contact contacts shortcut on my phone it lists just the contacts, exactly what I get on her One X. Do you not get the Windows styly layout on the One X?

Again, I'm a stock Android fan and am not familiar with Sense or the AT&T stuff put on there, so I'm trying to figure it out before 30 days is up.

Other than that, I've seen no problems similar to what has been listed. I went in Sunday just to check it out, liked it so much thought I would give it a try. Screen is great, phone is fast, just works a little different than mine.

Couple more questions, if I understand correctly, AT&T charges for VVM? Crazy. AT&T wants around $10 a month to use AT&T Navigation, that's crazy...you've got Google Navigation already for free. What's up with that? Last question, I want to have this phone on Google Voice, been using it the last year and love it, seems as if some people are having problems with porting their #? Anyone successful at doing this?

Last thing, bummed that Google Wallet is not yet set up on this phone. Use it on my phone and love it, I'm assuming it will be activated in the near future? Thanks for any help!

Hshure

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that video taken with HTC One X does not look like HD video when played on the computer or TV? It is not very clear at all. I compared a video I took a few months back with my iPhone 4S and it is much clearer than the one I took with the One X. Is there an option somewhere that I am missing aside from the video quality option which is set to Full HD? :(

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am really having issues with wifi connecting and dropping a lot. This isn't an issue with my network as I have a couple of computers and two other phones that don't seem to be having these problems...

Very very frustrating!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance