Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    ndc

Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

I too love this phone. Two small things that are buggy but not dealbreakers:

- the productivity lock screen - ditto all related posts above - I'm just giving it up until it hopefully gets fixed later.

- my mobile data gets turned off randomly, it seems, and I have to go into Settings to turn it back on. Dunno if it is related to Setting Profiles.

But I do love the phone!

ive noticed a bug, i have my display set on auto brightness.. when i click on a video on my facebook newsfeed it turns my brightness to high.. and it doesnt resort back to where i had it set.. dunno if anyone else has noticed this

Exclamation Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

BUG: Settings->Call->Hearing aid.

Since I wear hearing aids occasionally, I set this option ON, but afterward I could not successfully receive or place calls and hear voice. Text seem to work fine. Initially, resetting the phone seemed to work, then not. Anyone having connectivity problems should check that this option is not set on.

This phone has been working pretty well for me, only one issue. I cannot stream music via blue tooth to my car from pandora or from google play. The music skips to the point it's impossible to listen to. When I just play these and don't stream to my car both stream perfectly. Bluetooth calls also work perfectly in my car, it's only the music streaming that has issues. I have yet to stream music from the phone memory so I'm not sure if that has a problem or not.
    mrmwiley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wsgrabowski View Post
    BUG: Settings->Call->Hearing aid.

Since I wear hearing aids occasionally, I set this option ON, but afterward I could not successfully receive or place calls and hear voice. Text seem to work fine. Initially, resetting the phone seemed to work, then not. Anyone having connectivity problems should check that this option is not set on.
    Yup... had the exact same bug. It wasn't on by default, but I turned it on after discovering it in the settings. Too bad, seems like a good idea.

This is my complaint e-mail sent to HTC and AT&T

English is not my primary language so please bear with me.

Multitasking: The phone can not multitask at all. Games, or apps. ex; I was running Runkeeper auto pause mode enable. Stop during my ride to check phone settings and make some changes. The phone killed my application deleting all my data. unacceptable browser refreshing, stopping music applications, closing games,and the list go on.

Games: It might not be HTC fault but as a customer I have paid for a lot of high end games that I can not play with this phone. I know the phone has the hardware to run the games. you need to work closer with the game developers to adapt the game to the phone. Ex, GTA 3 runs but I am having issues to save the game, exit, or pause.

Camera: I should be able to decide the quality of the picture detail even if that means slower shutter speed.

Front Facing Camera low lighting exposure is too low. Next to an iPhone in medium dark light conditions my phone performance is terrible. The iPhone looks great.

HTC Live weather wallpaper makes my phone to randomly reboot.

Picture Contact Resolution from G Plus or Phone is unacceptable.

Browser Links: There are not choices to redirect links to:
    YouTube app
    Maps app
    G+ app
    It could be more

WIFi issues already acknowledge by HTC

AT&T Network radio seems to hop between towers higher frequency than normal.

2G, 3g, 4g network toggle. During football games or big events, it is easier to switch between networks to be able to make phone calls or send text messages. I have not doubt 4G battery life on the HTC phone is improved but it is not as great as 3G or 2g networks.

Some memory lagging

SMS notifiaction issues already acknowledge by HTC

Gmail Push not working properly.

Google Voice is not installing correctly.

I know some the issues mentioned here are not under HTC control but as a customer I don't care. I have invested money on buying top end games and it is easier for me to find another phone that it is compatible with those games. I should not be the one hassling with the game developers.

Please take into account that I do not have any obligation to write you any complaints and my return window is in 23 days.

I love the phone design but the more I dig the more I keep falling out of love with the phone.

Could you please offer a clear direction if any software upgrade would be offered to improve your product and when?

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd mention I started getting the SMS notification issues on my ATT one x the day after I bought it.

I have notifications in the stock SMS app set on, but then I also downloaded go SMS pro and started using that as my default. I had notifications on for both, but the stock app would no longer show any notifications. I decided to uninstall go SMS and the stock SMS app reverts back to normal (notification sounds, badges, and lockscreen notifications).

I'm not sure if this was the same SMS problem other people are having, and I don't know if handcent or chomp have the same effect, but I just thought I'd share this bit of info.

Quote Originally Posted by itwaslluck View Post
    Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd mention I started getting the SMS notification issues on my ATT one x the day after I bought it.

I have notifications in the stock SMS app set on, but then I also downloaded go SMS pro and started using that as my default. I had notifications on for both, but the stock app would no longer show any notifications. I decided to uninstall go SMS and the stock SMS app reverts back to normal (notification sounds, badges, and lockscreen notifications).

I'm not sure if this was the same SMS problem other people are having, and I don't know if handcent or chomp have the same effect, but I just thought I'd share this bit of info.
    When go SMS is installed there's an option that turns off existing SMS apps. I think when you go through initial setup you can change that option.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by 0331devildog View Post
    When go SMS is installed there's an option that turns off existing SMS apps. I think when you go through initial setup you can change that option.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    You're right, thanks! Go SMS was set to disable other SMS app notifications by default.
    midgardNPC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    This phone has been working pretty well for me, only one issue. I cannot stream music via blue tooth to my car from pandora or from google play. The music skips to the point it's impossible to listen to. When I just play these and don't stream to my car both stream perfectly. Bluetooth calls also work perfectly in my car, it's only the music streaming that has issues. I have yet to stream music from the phone memory so I'm not sure if that has a problem or not.
    Have you tried using the HTC CAR app?

Quote Originally Posted by nofears View Post
    What does the CAR app do?

I found a few more bugs over the weekend.

I was taking video and tried to take pictures while recording (one of the features I was most looking forward to). When I pressed the shutter release nothing happened. The video was still recording but then when I tapped the red blinking record button it didn't stop recording. The phone was totally unresponsive. The back button registered (ie I got the haptic feedback) but did nothing. The only thing that worked was tapping the home button. And since this device can't multitask when I went back into the camera app it was back to normal. I tried several times with the same effect. I cannot take pictures while recording (although taking screen caps while playing video back does work).

The HTC Sense "app" crashes. At least that's what it looks like. When I click home sometimes I get a window that says loading... and it thinks for about 5 seconds and then loads my home screen. This happened twice.

The Facebook app was attempting to upload a video and errored out. I went back into the FB app and it said it failed and gave me a chance to reupload. I did and then there were 2 pending uploads in my notification area. They never moved past 0%. I had to restart the phone to get them off.

So many things I like about the hardware...but this is one of the buggiest pieces of software I've ever used. And I've used a lot in my time.

I will install stock Android the minute the bootloader gets cracked. I'm shocked that HTC and AT&T let this phone out into the wild. What is the point of AT&T spending months "testing" this phone if they can't catch such obvious showstoppers? Crazy.

Day 8 with my wife's phone. She uploaded some pics to FB yesterday, checked her phone today and saw 5 notifications I hadn't seen before..looked like horizontal wifi signals. Said uploading and all 5 were at 0% but they were already successfully uploaded to FB. Couldn't remove them, turned it off and on and didn't clear them. Restarted and that did the trick. Also, still phantom shortcuts appearing, a 2nd gallery shortcut appeared today. Seen that a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by nofears View Post
    Tried that today along with updating to the new build of 1.82.502.3. It still will not stream BT music at all to my car. It plays 1 second, then cuts out for 1 second, the plays one second, and the cuts out and repeats the same process. I have tried streaming music from the phone, from pandora, from google play, none will stream to the car. They all stream fine when not using BT thou. My old I4s was able to stream to the car with no problems.

For some reason, my Slacker 'issue' seems to have fixed itself....no new updates, just is working now.....so weird. This is a buggy *** phone. But I still want to like it.that screen....is so beautiful....and that camera.....sigh

Determined...it's still effed up. Soooo frustrating.

The voice dictation no longer works on my phone. The Google Voice Typing and the regular voice dictation.

The Google Voice Typing does nothing, starts like it will work but then does nothing.

The voice dictation will listen, show me my three choices, then when I select one it won't do anything. It stopped working about 3 days ago, no amount of restarting will fix it.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
    Ok so this is getting bad. The first day I had my One X the time was about 20 minutes off after having it on for the day the next day it did the same thing and the only way i have found to fix it is to restart the phone. So therefore I have to restart the phone EVERY morning and sometimes during the day!

I use my phone as my alarm in the morning, this is not good because it has been at least 30 minutes off each morning. Thank god for my internal alarm :-(

Is it a defective unit or an HTC problem? Please help!
    My phone seems to have the same problem on occasion.
    Turning airplane mode on and off seems to fix it.

mooechili I had that same issue when trying to upload a video. Only way to fix it was a restart like you.

In fact the phone was such a buggy mess that I finally gave up. I returned the phone today. I couldn't take it anymore. Beautiful hardware...worst software I've ever used. I just don't get it.

When will they learn to stop breaking the OS with their own custom crapware? I can understand adding features that aren't there by default but I cannot forgive them for fixing things that aren't broken and giving me a worse experience than what Google provides by default. I will not buy the SG III either. I don't want manufacturer and carrier crapware on my phone. Why not just offer a choice. One phone that has just stock ICS and another with their "improvements"? I just ordered the GN from the Play store and will see how that goes. If that doesn't work out I'm waiting for the iPhone 5. Apple and Google are the only companies actually fighting the good fight and trying to resist the carriers and their power grab. HTC and the rest of the pandering a$$ manufacturers can suck it.

Just to make sure this item gets mentioned in this thread,

There seems to be an issue where Maps will start consuming SIGNIFICANT amounts of battery.

Documented here: AT&T HTC ONE X: Maps using high battery power?

This appears to be limited to the AT&T version of the HOX, and perhaps only when in LTE areas.

Sometimes after I restart (I have to restart a lot or the phone bogs down to unbearable slowness) the icons for apps that have been moved to the SD card will not show up. Instead it will just show the little green android dude. Also, the names for apps will not show up on the homescreens; which like but it looks weird when some show names and some don't.

If AT&T had the Galaxy Nexus, I'd go to that in a heartbeat.

HTC responded my letter and this is my answer back to them.

David,
    I appreciate your response on these issues. Even if I decide not to keep the phone, I think it is great HTC tries to help and provide customer service. I am a first time HTC user and I am trying to learn about the phone.

Multitasking:
    HTC One X issue breaks Android multi-tasking
    http://www.androidcentral.com/multit...its-customized
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646409
    HTC One X multitasking issue: One X denies ICS’ multitasking claims | Northern Voices Online: NVO News Blog

I have done the same testing with my Samsung Captivate CM9, Samsung Galaxy II, Sprint Galaxy Nexus and they all can handle the android multitasking with no issues.
    Personally my problems with the AT&T HTC phone are:
    I am a mountain biker and road cycling. I use Runkeeper to track my workouts but during rides I stop to take pictures, send a mms, take a phone call and return to my ride. The HTC phone restarts Runkeeper losing my workout information. I have never had a problem with the Samsungs.
    I handle office e-mails and quick office documents on the go. I copy data from quick office and paste the info in a text message. back to quick office for more data to copy but returning to the text message app, my previous info is gone because the application has been restarted. I have never had a problem with the Samsung Phones.
    When I play games, going back to the home screen to send a text and trying to go back to the game. The game is re-started. My Samsung phones return to the game from my last move. No application re-starting.
    One of the biggest selling point for the HTC ONE X is the 1gb memory capacity why isn't properly use?

Camera:
    The picture quality is good but not great. I have to use auto enhanced from the gallery to make the pictures look good. I have to disable sharpness because it is too high. I have played with all the camera settings but still I don't get great pictures.
    I usually take pictures during my mountain bike expeditions. When I take pictures of others bikers moving, the camera has a lot issues focusing and most of the time my pictures are blurry. The camera focus is great when no one is moving or objects in static position.
    I have downloaded the vignette application from the market and the settings in the app somehow take better quality pictures than the built in software. Auto enhanced does minimal changes to the pictures when using Vignette, the pictures just look great.

Front face Camera:
    You can not change any setting while doing Google hangout or Skype. In medium light situations, the IPhone front face camera during Google hangout, Skype the face is clearly visible; on the other hand, the HTC One X is dark no face at all.

We blinks

My Samsung android phones recognize links associated with apps in the phone. For example;
    If a website has YouTube link video. The phone would ask me if I want to open the video in the browser or the YouTube application.
    If a website has a link to an address by Google. The phone would ask me to open directions in the browser or the Google Maps app.
    The same happens for play store, foursquare,etc.
    HTC phones cannot read any links and it is frustrating.

Games

I agree it is not your fault but HTC needs to partner with top game developer companies to have games compatible ready to go from day one. Why? it is frustrating to show my Iphone friends my new phone and tell them I cannot play any of the top games waiting for compatibility. it is frustrating for me because I have paid top dollars for the phone and the games and I can not play them.

Phone Rebooting
    I switched the Sense live wallpaper and the phone is back to normal.

Network
    AT&T radio I agree it is out of your control.

Network settings phone
    AT&T HTC One X needs a toggle 2G and 3G just like the phone versions outside USA. The reason is sometimes the 3G network is not properly performing during events or football games and being able to fall back to 2G has been a great help.

Contact picture resolution:
    The contact picture resolution from Google plus or phone the contact phone is too low. My Samsung Captivate with CM9 can do high contact resolution pictures from Google plus or from the contact phone.

Memory lagging.

When going back to send a text ( I swipe)the keyboard takes a few seconds to be ready, it is not bad but it is there. It should be non-existent or at least similar to the Samsung Galaxy S II. Clearing the cache would only temporary solve the problem.

David I hope this information helps to improve the software. Please focus on the multitasking issue because I would be forced to return the phone if I can't perform simple recreational or office activities on the phone.

Thanks

mine takes great pictures so far, i dont have hardly any of the issues that everyone else is talkig about..

Group messages on my phone doesn't work. If I am in a group chat with my friends I will receive a message from each person rather than in a group message. I called HTC and they don't know anything
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast