HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
When I try to enable Google Voice for my voicemail provider I get this error.

[NOTE]Failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings.
Do you want to switch to the new provider anyway?[/NOTE]

And when I click yes I get this:

[NOTE]Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists.[/NOTE]

Anybody else?

Yeah, I've been able to get that to work one time on all of my phones. You have to go to voice.Google.com in your browser and into settings. You will see and option to activate Google voice on your phone. It will tell you to go to your dialer and dial *004*yourgooglevoicenumber# and hit send

Reactions: Texas.dre

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Why when you ask about VVM does everyone default you to Google Voice ?!?!

Some of us like the integration of VVM, and this phone should have it, why would a flagship phone skip this feature?

Has anyone tried to download the APK and install it???

In a thread over on XDA, there is some discussion about the Visual Voicemail thing, and someone said that you can download AT&T Visual Voicemail from the market on the One X. I don't have my phone yet, so I can't test this out, but I would try and check that out.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if it's a bug or not but I'm using the productivity lock screen and have a reminder for an all day appt tomorrow that will not go away. I've gone into the calendar and opened the appt but there's no place to dismiss the reminder. It's also not there on the notification pull-down.

Other emails and reminders are showing and clearing in the lock screen. Weird...

scottymomo

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems to not realize I've moved out of range from my home wifi network and switch back to the data connection. I was at least a mile from my house and it said wifi was still connected (which of course it wasn't). I had to shut off wifi in order to get the data connection to work. Anyone else?

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to not realize I've moved out of range from my home wifi network and switch back to the data connection. I was at least a mile from my house and it said wifi was still connected (which of course it wasn't). I had to shut off wifi in order to get the data connection to work. Anyone else?

That actually did happen to me yesterday but hasn't happened again. I chalked it up to loading all kinds of apps on it and getting it all setup. I was about 30 mi. away from my house and noticed I wasn't getting any data; then saw that it said I was still connected to my home wifi network.

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
In a thread over on XDA, there is some discussion about the Visual Voicemail thing, and someone said that you can download AT&T Visual Voicemail from the market on the One X. I don't have my phone yet, so I can't test this out, but I would try and check that out.

I just looked and I don't see it. In the meantime I am using the "Better YouMail". It is interesting because it can be set up so it will call the caller by first name (if they are in your contacts) when it says you aren't available.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't find an AT&T app for visual voicemail, but did download and set up voicemail through AT&T Messages app that I found.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if it's a bug or not but I'm using the productivity lock screen and have a reminder for an all day appt tomorrow that will not go away. I've gone into the calendar and opened the appt but there's no place to dismiss the reminder. It's also not there on the notification pull-down.

Other emails and reminders are showing and clearing in the lock screen. Weird...

Yep... same here. It's made even worse because I have several calendars associated with my google account (co-workers/family) and no matter what I select in the settings, all of their events show up in my lock screen. I can't even see any of my events, because they are all blocked by these other events.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had an issue with Calendar alerts for appointments setup across time zones. For example, for an appointment that was setup for 10:30am eastern time, I received the 15 minute alert for the call at 10:15am central time (should have been a 9:15am alert). Looks like it isn't translating the time difference between zones. The account is an exchange server sync account. I've double checked all of the device time zone settings.

Anyone else having this issue?

justmart

May 7, 2012
Visit site
How because the phone didn't come pre-loaded with a visual voice mail app that is a bug?? Let's report REAL BUGS!

Mine... when I plug it to charge the red light turns ON but the phone doesn't show as it charging... on Settings >> Power it still show as discharging. Anyone with this?

paz2005

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iPhone for the past 5 years.
I decided to take the plunge & buy an android yesterday.
I purchased the AT&T HTC One XL.

This is my experience so far:

For example:
1) Audio -- while listening to music, opening another app sometimes either crashes the player or momentarily fragments the sound.

2) Connectivity (in NYC using the 4G LTE network) -- very patchy. Seems to go in and out, even though I've never had these issues in the same area on the 3G network. Don't know if this is a network issue, or just a phone connectivity issue overall. Pandora constantly goes 'in and out'.

3) Seems like there is no caching (anywhere):
a) Opening a web site, briefly checking my mail, and then switching back to the website, makes the website reload.
b) Conversely, opening, e..g, my mail, going to the web browser, and then going back to my mail, makes my mail reload.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
Do I have a faulty phone?
Are any of these 'issues' just the way the android OS works? (like said, i've never used android before, so i have no clue.!)
Will a future software update fix them?

I'm very much contemplating returning this device and reviving my iphone 4;
but I don't want to if i don't have to -- android allows everyone I wish the iphone would.

Thanks,
--newb

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine... when I plug it to charge the red light turns ON but the phone doesn't show as it charging... on Settings >> Power it still show as discharging. Anyone with this?

Mine definitely shows that it's charging, both from the lock and the home screen, via an animation of the battery symbol in the notification bar. Sounds like it may be your device.

justmart

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine definitely shows that it's charging, both from the lock and the home screen, via an animation of the battery symbol in the notification bar. Sounds like it may be your device.

I noticed that is when the screen is OFF, If I plug the phone with the screen ON the battery change to charge and show as charging.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that is when the screen is OFF, If I plug the phone with the screen ON the battery change to charge and show as charging.

When I plug mine in while it is off, the only indication of it charging is that the red LED turns on (in other words, plugging it in to charge does not turn on the screen). Although, if I then check the lock screen, the notification bar shows charging as well.

Reactions: justmart

justmart

May 7, 2012
Visit site
When I plug mine in while it is off, the only indication of it charging is that the red LED turns on (in other words, plugging it in to charge does not turn on the screen). Although, if I then check the lock screen, the notification bar shows charging as well.

Thank you MR for your response. I just tested over here at work and it worked! I will test again at home... maybe is the cable at home... who knows. Thanks!

Reactions: MrSherms

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
1) Audio -- while listening to music, opening another app sometimes either crashes the player or momentarily fragments the sound.

2) Connectivity (in NYC using the 4G LTE network) -- very patchy. Seems to go in and out, even though I've never had these issues in the same area on the 3G network. Don't know if this is a network issue, or just a phone connectivity issue overall. Pandora constantly goes 'in and out'.

3) Seems like there is no caching (anywhere):
a) Opening a web site, briefly checking my mail, and then switching back to the website, makes the website reload.
b) Conversely, opening, e..g, my mail, going to the web browser, and then going back to my mail, makes my mail reload.

I'm coming from an iPhone 4S myself. I can't address all your issues but maybe this'll help.

1. I'm using my iPhone as my audio player now so not using my HTC for audio but I did goof around with Pandora and was switching apps just fine on the HTC.

2. I'm in CA and LTE is hit or miss in my area. I do see the 'LTE' indicator bounce back and forth. With my iPhone, I didn't see it cause the iPhone didn't have LTE.

3. Using the Dolphin browser and see the reloading of websites with some. My company's website does reload but if I'm on a Google page and have done a search for something, it doesn't reload when I come back to it.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
So, the wifi thing happened again to me. Kind of an issue I'd say. The wifi connection won't disconnect when I leave a network. Ugh.

jdt4

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
That actually did happen to me yesterday but hasn't happened again. I chalked it up to loading all kinds of apps on it and getting it all setup. I was about 30 mi. away from my house and noticed I wasn't getting any data; then saw that it said I was still connected to my home wifi network.

Awesome router.