Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

Just curious what others are seeing. Perhaps this could be stickied by a moderator. My list so far

Settings do not stick with text size.
    Settings do not stick with Gmail settings in particular the notifications for individual labels.
    Text message notifications are spotty at best.
    Text messages sending while connected to edge but not "4g". A restart of the phone corrects this but it is very annoying.
    Intermittent wifi connectivity... Un connecting and reconnecting seems to solve this.

More that I have noticed:

Voice system? Shuts off without notification....meaning I got a voicemail today and never received a call. Had "4G" service the entire time and tried to make an outgoing call....nothing just silence. Restarted the phone and have had no issues since.
    That's what I have for now will be good to hear others thoughts. ;-)

Others:

Delayed disconnection of wifi
    No visual voicemail application installed on a "flagship" device. AT&T messages is a solution....for myself not so much
    Gmail not quite a "push" style....definitely not syncing like my gnex does.
    Google voice not setting up properly for some people
    Last edited by bbhybridchris; 05-07-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    jcochran1977 likes this.

Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

I have had mine since Friday. No problems that I have noticed. I don't use Gmail. Texting seems to work fine. I am disappointed that it doesn't have visual voicemail (or doesn't seem to). I am not in an LTE area.

I am frustrated with the Font issues on Text Messages as well it's quite odd nothing a software update wouldn't fix though. That's really the only thing I have noticed.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@arkanoid77 its funny you mention the visual voicemail as I anticipated that the phone would have it as well. If you looked online yesterday the att site shows visual voicemail as the setup option for voicemail....yet its not available at least that I could find.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The only thing that ive found so far isnt too troublesome. Whenever I connect to my MacBook for syncing, my ringtones default back to the stock tones. When i unplug, they go back to the ringtones that i set. Maybe it has something to do with having it plugged in? Who knows.
    CrackDroid AT&T Sales Rep
    HTC One X Stock

this probably isnt a bug but i cant seem to figure out how to take the slow motion video on the ATT version.

Quote Originally Posted by Man.Droid View Post
    The only thing that ive found so far isnt too troublesome. Whenever I connect to my MacBook for syncing, my ringtones default back to the stock tones. When i unplug, they go back to the ringtones that i set. Maybe it has something to do with having it plugged in? Who knows.
    The reason for that is the USB protocol HTC decided to go with. They went with a standard disk mount protocol instead of MTP. As a result, when your phone is connected to your PC/Mac for file storage, it is unable to read/access files on the phone. Since it can't access the files, it's not able to play the ringtones you've downloaded.
    Last edited by Ardrid; 05-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mab4285 likes this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrid View Post
    The reason for that is the USB protocol HTC decided to go with. Then went with a standard disk mount protocol instead of MTP. As a result, when your phone is connected to your PC/Mac for file storage, it is unable to read/access files on the phone. Since it can't access the files, it's not able to play the ringtones you've downloaded.
    Thats what i was thinking. No big deal. I can live without them while i sync.
    CrackDroid AT&T Sales Rep
    HTC One X Stock

Wait - this phone doesnt have visual voicemail? I dont live in an LTE area either, but no visual voicemail? WTH?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If your looking for visual voice mail try Google Voice, I have been using for awhile it works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    ptm88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    If your looking for visual voice mail try Google Voice, I have been using for awhile it works great.

absolutely +1 on this one.

some of the transcriptions of the messages are hysterical but I like getting the text so i can at least get an idea what the message is about if i don't have the opportunity to listen to it. It's also great, particularly in a business situation, where you can archive and keep your messages indefinitely.

regarding text message notifications, have you tried anything like gosms or handcent? GoSMS is a must have for me on all my androids.

I haven't used Google Voice, but At&t offers it's own app for Visual Voicemail called "At&t Messages". It includes access to missed calls, voicemails, and SMS/MMS messaging. In addition, you can also access all of the contnet on the web at att.com/messages.

The one bug I am having is with the lock screen...

I have it set to "productivity" where it is supposed to show notifications. Well, I have a whole bunch of calendars associated with my account, and even though I've turned them all off in the settings for this lock screen they all continue to show up.

When I am typing out a longer text the screen flashes briefly? Anyone else?
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jess.hickey View Post
    absolutely +1 on this one.

some of the transcriptions of the messages are hysterical but I like getting the text so i can at least get an idea what the message is about if i don't have the opportunity to listen to it. It's also great, particularly in a business situation, where you can archive and keep your messages indefinitely.

regarding text message notifications, have you tried anything like gosms or handcent? GoSMS is a must have for me on all my androids.
    When I try to enable Google Voice for my voicemail provider I get this error.

[NOTE]Failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings.
    Do you want to switch to the new provider anyway?[/NOTE]

And when I click yes I get this:

[NOTE]Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists.[/NOTE]

Anybody else?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'll stick this if the OP will keep the first post updated with issues that are brought up throughout the thread.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post

[NOTE]Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists.[/NOTE]

Anybody else?
    Same thing happens to me.

it works google apk and add it to your account
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread-screenshot_2012-05-06-23-15-44.jpg  

Having issues charging... I plug the charger the red light turns on but the cel doesn't show like is charging. Anyone having this?

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

Face Unlock doesn't work.

I set it up, but when I go to unlock it, the stock unlock only shows.
    thekillermeteor.wordpress.com

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Why when you ask about VVM does everyone default you to Google Voice ?!?!

Some of us like the integration of VVM, and this phone should have it, why would a flagship phone skip this feature?

Has anyone tried to download the APK and install it???
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post

Anybody else?
    Yeah, I've been able to get that to work one time on all of my phones. You have to go to voice.Google.com in your browser and into settings. You will see and option to activate Google voice on your phone. It will tell you to go to your dialer and dial *004*yourgooglevoicenumber# and hit send
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by vjr021 View Post
    Why when you ask about VVM does everyone default you to Google Voice ?!?!

Some of us like the integration of VVM, and this phone should have it, why would a flagship phone skip this feature?

Has anyone tried to download the APK and install it???
    In a thread over on XDA, there is some discussion about the Visual Voicemail thing, and someone said that you can download AT&T Visual Voicemail from the market on the One X. I don't have my phone yet, so I can't test this out, but I would try and check that out.

Don't know if it's a bug or not but I'm using the productivity lock screen and have a reminder for an all day appt tomorrow that will not go away. I've gone into the calendar and opened the appt but there's no place to dismiss the reminder. It's also not there on the notification pull-down.

Other emails and reminders are showing and clearing in the lock screen. Weird...

Mine seems to not realize I've moved out of range from my home wifi network and switch back to the data connection. I was at least a mile from my house and it said wifi was still connected (which of course it wasn't). I had to shut off wifi in order to get the data connection to work. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Mine seems to not realize I've moved out of range from my home wifi network and switch back to the data connection. I was at least a mile from my house and it said wifi was still connected (which of course it wasn't). I had to shut off wifi in order to get the data connection to work. Anyone else?
    That actually did happen to me yesterday but hasn't happened again. I chalked it up to loading all kinds of apps on it and getting it all setup. I was about 30 mi. away from my house and noticed I wasn't getting any data; then saw that it said I was still connected to my home wifi network.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast