Any first time Android (HOX) users that switched from iPhone?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
What are some things you like about Android in general and the HTC One X in particular? Do you feel like you miss anything that iOS or the iPhone did well? How long before you feel completely at home and adjusted to the new way of doing things?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've used Android before, I simply hate the battery side of things.

Just got my HTC One X and simply trying to get use to it. My main thing is having to convert my music to work on this device, i.e. to .mp3 versus .MP34

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What are some things you like about Android in general and the HTC One X in particular? Do you feel like you miss anything that iOS or the iPhone did well? How long before you feel completely at home and adjusted to the new way of doing things?

I have an iphone 4S and now the HTC One X. Att version. The One X is superb in almost every way.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my HTC One X and simply trying to get use to it. My main thing is having to convert my music to work on this device, i.e. to .mp3 versus .MP34

I don't understand why you are converting... aac (mp4) files play back just fine on my Android.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone 4S. I've used Android in the past but always wound back up with an iPhone. So far, I'm loving the HOX. I'm keeping my iPhone in the car as a BT media player. I never listen to music or watch media on my phone...usually use my iPad for media these days.

My biggest issues right now...

1. What's the quickest way to put the phone in silent or vibrate? I do miss the little switch on the iPhone. Especially when I go into meetings. The only thing I've come up with is a profile widget on the homescreen.

2. I'm using touchdown for work email and pure calendar widget. I was using this on a Vivid (that I exchanged for the HOX) and I was able to see my gmail and touchdown calendar on the pure calendar widget. Now, for the life of me, I can't get the touchdown calendar to show up even though I can select it in the widget config. Ugh! Worked fine before.

I guess things are pretty good if those are my only two issues at the moment!

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Love the screen size and ICS is a much smoother experience than other phones I've played with running Gingerbread. I'm a bit taken aback by the lack of fit and polish in a large number of apps I use on a daily basis. They function just fine but the graphics are very bland and basic. Fonts still look a tad bit better on my 4S but Chrome consistently loads web pages faster than mobile Safari (on WiFi). My biggest concern is having to "make do" with inferior apps or worse not having a compatible app at all. <ie> I was able to install the Hulu + app only to find out I can't actually watch any video with it. That's just brilliant. Love the hardware but it has to do what I want/need it to do. Going to give it a full 2 weeks of using it as my only phone before I make a decision.

Last edited:

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone 4S. I've used Android in the past but always wound back up with an iPhone. So far, I'm loving the HOX. I'm keeping my iPhone in the car as a BT media player. I never listen to music or watch media on my phone...usually use my iPad for media these days.

My biggest issues right now...

1. What's the quickest way to put the phone in silent or vibrate? I do miss the little switch on the iPhone. Especially when I go into meetings. The only thing I've come up with is a profile widget on the homescreen.

2. I'm using touchdown for work email and pure calendar widget. I was using this on a Vivid (that I exchanged for the HOX) and I was able to see my gmail and touchdown calendar on the pure calendar widget. Now, for the life of me, I can't get the touchdown calendar to show up even though I can select it in the widget config. Ugh! Worked fine before.

I guess things are pretty good if those are my only two issues at the moment!

Hold down the volume down button on the right side until the onscreen slider stops. You shoud then see a new icon in the top bar. It looks a phone with 2 small lines on either side. This indicates vibrate mode

Reactions: gdgtgeek

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hold down the volume down button on the right side until the onscreen slider stops. You shoud then see a new icon in the top bar. It looks a phone with 2 small lines on either side. This indicates vibrate mode

That'll work...thanks! For some reason, I thought I had to swipe up first on my Vivid to do that. Anyway, works fine on the HOX.

Agree with your previous post. With having my iPad and using my phone a little less for apps I used to use alot pre-iPad, I think the HOX will suite my needs just fine.

Really like the design and screen size. Most apps I need, I've been able to get on Android so far.

Now, if I can just figure out this damn calendar widget!

Dimeezy

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Or you can press the volume rocker up or down to bring up the volume. From there you can press the button on the left to toggle Silent, Vibrate and Volume

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious; do you use vibrate and sound together? I typically don't, but I was just curious.

See how I started and ended my sentence with the same word? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
convert my music to work on this device, i.e. to .mp3 versus .MP34

Keep in mind for anyone still rocking Apple's iTunes aac with DRM: you'll need to pay for the DRM free versions from Apple iTunes before transferring and playing the music on anything non-apple.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

mkhred1

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've only had iPhones since I started service, well, I had a Motorola Razor for a short time... and I had exchanged two Androids before because I missed my iPhone too much (Samsung Captivate / Motorola Atrix 2 4g).... but this phone is awesome. I love the 4.0 software and don't miss my iPhone at all so far... the camera is better, it's a lot faster than my iPhone 4s, and I love the layout. Very happy with this purchase and don't believe I'll be going back. With the other phones, I knew I would be going back the first day... my iPhone will be my iPod too.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've only had iPhones since I started service, well, I had a Motorola Razor for a short time... and I had exchanged two Androids before because I missed my iPhone too much (Samsung Captivate / Motorola Atrix 2 4g).... but this phone is awesome. I love the 4.0 software and don't miss my iPhone at all so far... the camera is better, it's a lot faster than my iPhone 4s, and I love the layout. Very happy with this purchase and don't believe I'll be going back. With the other phones, I knew I would be going back the first day... my iPhone will be my iPod too.

Feeling the same way

JayMysteri0

May 6, 2012
Visit site
You could also upload your iTunes library to google music.

That is what I am trying as well. The salesman at Best Buy mobile recommended that approach. As you can supposedly access your music online, then decide what music you want on your phone, by making those songs offline, and they will be saved to your phone.

Hopefully...

Now it's just waiting for all these songs to upload...

Reactions: dondabomb523

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I also thought there was an app for syncing iTunes playlist to an Android device? I need to look for it...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc