Which launcher are you using?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Good evening all -

So, hit me, what launcher are using?

A while back I used ADW Launcher on my Skyrocket and Inspire, but not tried it on The One X, yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Trying out the stock one right now but I have already bought (from my skyrocket) Launcher 7 and SPB Shell 3D. Before anyone says anything yes $15 is expensive for a launcher that is very much eye candy, but I am a women and am fond of eye candy :)

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Apex Pro. Everything is instantaneous. This phone is crazy fast. Sense 4.0 is heave as heck and really slows the phone down, especially the app drawer and widgets.

Valdeck

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Good evening all -

So, hit me, what launcher are using?

A while back I used ADW Launcher on my Skyrocket and Inspire, but not tried it on The One X, yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer Nova Launcher if your not using the stock launcher. Get the pro unlock not just the free one if your going to stick with it after you try it.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am using Apex as well. I am also using the HD Widgets for the excellent weather/clocks and WIZZ widgets for FB/Twitter/Goole Docs widgets...

Using the stock launcher, I was not blown away with the speed as the reviews would have led me to believe I would be. However, I have my screens pretty well loaded with widgets (including the ones mentioned above) as well as PowerAmp, Youtube, Yellow Pages, etc...

Now, with 7 pages on Apex, the device really does fly. Much faster than stock.

The best part about it is that you can still use the HTC sense unlock screen of your choce with Apex!

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Trying out the stock one right now but I have already bought (from my skyrocket) Launcher 7 and SPB Shell 3D. Before anyone says anything yes $15 is expensive for a launcher that is very much eye candy, but I am a women and am fond of eye candy :)

Went to try out the SPB Shell and everything is small, it was a screen within a screen. MmContacted their tech support and the default had it set as a tablet in settings, changed this and it is back to normal size. I do sometimes have the loading message with a delay when I hit the home button, tech support said they are working on it.

Last edited:

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have tried several launchers and I have just bought several recommended in this thread (nova, launcher EX and apex). My favorite launcher has always been Launcher Pro. This is the first android phone I have used that the built in launcher is just as good or better then anything else I have tried. The built in folders that you can put on the dock, animations etc are very good. None of the others are faster or somehow better suited for this phone.

Steven

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I miss the folders from Go Launcher EX. Those were slick. I do like the Sense launcher though. Not too much wrong with it. Go Launcher let me resize ALL widgets, which was really nice. It allowed me to center a 3x3 in the middle of the screen if I wanted to. I also miss my old dock.

I love the ICS style app drawer, widget section, and notification menu... so I don't think I'm going to install another launcher unless it has ICS features like those.

ptt4dgh

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm traded my iPhone 4 for the One X on launch day so I am still getting used to ICS. The stock launcher is doing great for me so far.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually going to use the sense stock launcher for now. I am liking it. I will eventually alternate and probably use nova launcher or apex.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me for asking a novice question: Are there any complications after installing a 3rd party launcher? Go Launcher looks very interesting, but I've never installed a 3rd party launcher.

I'm nervous that if I don't like it or get bored that I won't be able to go back to the stock Sense 4.0, which is actually already pretty good.

I'm worried about this because I installed ICS keyboard, but when I disable it and try to go back to sense keyboard, it is screwed up, not the same as before.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
No, you should be ok. If you decide that you want to go back to sense all you have to do is uninstall the launcher. Sense will remain the same and you shouldn't experience any issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund