Anyone NOT happy with their choice?

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll go against the crowd here and say that thus far I'm unhappy. Not everybody has it, but the wifi issue is pretty widespread. A number of people are also having issues with push email. Personally, I'm experiencing both issues. This is my 4th Android phone (Droid Incredible, Bionic, Galaxy S2, Xperia Ray) and I've never had any such issues. And I'm a pretty experienced Android user, so I'm pretty sure it's not user error.

If these things don't get fixed within the return period, this guy will have to go back, which is a shame because other than these stupid issues that shouldn't even exist, the phone is amazing.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I'm still on the fence. I think, yes his might sound weird, but, I liked my Skyrocket better. Not sure why exactly yet...

Yes, the WIFI is an issue, but try setting it to 2.4GHZ, versus auto (from the One X). As for the email issue, you have to go into the settings for mail (if you use Gmail), and set the mail notification for ALL email, not just the first one.

I had the same issue yesterday ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Morning, curious how you actually install the file?

I initially copied the file to the root of my device, the 'downloads' folder. Then I used Astro File Manager to try to double click on the file to perform an install.

Anyway, clearly I have no idea what am doing here, and a little guidance would be welcomed ;)

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Works great and looks a ton better than the 3rd party solutions :cool:

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
When you tap on the app in Astro choose open with App manager. Also make sure you check
The box in settings to allow apps from unknown sources to be installed

Reactions: anon(153966)

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No custom notification light feature.....phone is going back to ATT today. Outside of that it really is an amazing phone

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I'm still on the fence. I think, yes his might sound weird, but, I liked my Skyrocket better. Not sure why exactly yet...

Yes, the WIFI is an issue, but try setting it to 2.4GHZ, versus auto (from the One X). As for the email issue, you have to go into the settings for mail (if you use Gmail), and set the mail notification for ALL email, not just the first one.

I had the same issue yesterday ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have it set to 2.4 Ghz. My problem is not that I lose the signal when I'm using the phone, but that I lose the signal when I put the phone to sleep. And yes, I have the Sleep Policy set to Always On, and I have the "Best Wifi Performance" box checked. Literally the instant I turn the screen on, my notifications are there waiting for me, but I simply do not get notifications on wifi when the phone is in standby.

With respect to push email, I'm experiencing these problems with the native Gmail app, which does not even have settings for push/pull. On all of my previous phones, I would get the emails within 5-10 seconds. On the One X, sometimes its 5 seconds, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 20-30 minutes, and once over an hour.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You do have auto. Sync ON in accounts and sync, right?

And in that same page, you have tapped your Google account, and checked all of the appropriate check boxes?

There's more to sync than just logging in.
And as far as anyone can tell, best wifi performance does nothing but burn through your battery faster. It is not the issue here.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone.. it basically runs circles around any phone out there.. I know the non removeable battery and no sd card slot are a major flaw.. other than that this phone is ridiculous

Man that's a deal breaker not a flaw lol.. It's disposable.. I don't want a phone that imitates my bic!! But I'm picky like that.. Enjoy..

Imjrb3

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I had posted in a thread for iPhone converts but I'm in need of help. Maybe I've got a lemon here but I've had nothing but problems! At this point, I hope one of you experts tells me I've just got a bad device and my experience is not indicative of the Android experience but:

1. Persistent reboots. Phone has restarted itself 6x since Sunday. I've had to reset it myself 3x more due to it freezing up and becoming unresponsive. I've not custom ROMs, nothing added other than a wallpaper, some photos and 6-7 apps (IMDB, USA Today, Scorecenter, ATT Message for VVM, Pulse and Words with Friends.)

2. Android.process.abcore error. As far as I know this may have to do with how the ATT rep transferred my contacts. I deleted and reinstalled the google account yesterday. Still got the error this morning (though, not since then).

3. GMail not always synching properly. Completely froze twice today, had to force close and restart the phone.

4. Messaging app (during a text) alerted me it had stopped working. Froze the phone. Restarted itself. After reboot, all conversations were gone. And now, despite the settings being correct, I get no notifications for new messages.

Perhaps its a testament to just how bored I was with the iPhone interface that I've not returned this yet. But I can honestly say other than for iPhone One (which wouldn't activate for 5 days!), I've never had this many issues with a new device before.

Any thoughts?

BodegaBay

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Go to xda and download the att vvm app. Proof, you have vvm. Works on my One X.

I'm confused. Don't you need a rooted phone to add any non authorized apps? And isn't the AT&T One X bootloader locked and thus unrootable?

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
You do have auto. Sync ON in accounts and sync, right?

And in that same page, you have tapped your Google account, and checked all of the appropriate check boxes?

There's more to sync than just logging in.
And as far as anyone can tell, best wifi performance does nothing but burn through your battery faster. It is not the issue here.

Yes, just double checked -- Sync is On and Gmail (and Calendar and Contacts and a few others) are checked for syncing under my Gmail account. Honestly, I have no idea why. Like I said, sometimes it is instant, but more often than not it takes 5-15 minutes, sometimes even longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv