Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Default Anyone NOT happy with their choice?

I have tried Android over and over, bought a gsm Razr, milestone before that, had an XT701 for a few weeks back in the day... I always seem to go back to iOS.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the X but am curious to see if anyone is unhappy with the phone yet?

ICS and sense seem to work smooth on the X, hoping a better experience then my past Android choices.
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G

Default Re: Anyone NOT happy with their choice?

The One X is my first android, and besides getting familiar with the OS and layout of the phone I love it so far. I just like how customizable android can be, and you can't beat the screen size.

The screen, camera, and the sexiness of the design this is the best Android phone to date and in my opinion for at least the next 6 months

ROM
    Stock

This phone is slick! Plus it has the added advantage of Sense 4 and Android 4.0.3. I won't change from this in the foreseeable future.

The reason that I went to android was for a bigger screen. I tried the note and gnex before this device and I have to say that I much prefer this device over those 2. The screen is unreal which is why I returned both the note and the gnex. Reading text on here is just as sharp as the iPhone 4s. I am able to do everything on my HOX that I did on my iPhone. HOX + iPad is an awesome combo IMO

Plus sense is really nice. I also like how I don't have to root/JB to get things I need like tethering or keyboards.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wbell View Post
    The reason that I went to android was for a bigger screen. I tried the note and gnex before this device and I have to say that I much prefer this device over those 2. The screen is unreal which is why I returned both the note and the gnex. Reading text on here is just as sharp as the iPhone 4s. I am able to do everything on my HOX that I did on my iPhone. HOX + iPad is an awesome combo IMO

Plus sense is really nice. I also like how I don't have to root/JB to get things I need like tethering or keyboards.

Cheers! =)

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I love this phone.. it basically runs circles around any phone out there.. I know the non removeable battery and no sd card slot are a major flaw.. other than that this phone is ridiculous

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

I am super happy with my phone. I recommend it to anyone who is thinking about purchasing it. Fast, light, amazing screen and the design is great! I have a lumia as well and man how I missed android lol. Dropbox storage is great since no sd card and battery life has been great for me.

I know this is a thread about people who aren't happy with their choice... but I wanted to weigh in with my thoughts.

I was on the Fence about the One X for a long time. I loved the design of the phone and thought it was more gorgeous than any electronic device I've seen thus far... but I wasn't sure about its size and features.

Having owned since Friday, I can honestly say getting one was a DAMN good decision. This phone is a dream. I'm in love with it. The screen is mind-blowing. It's one thing to read about it and another to see it in person. The way everything seems to float on the top of the phone makes it seem like everything is painted on the screen. Makes for great viewing outdoors as well. It's surprisingly light and at the same time it feels extremely solid. Best build quality I've experienced thus far.

The OS on my Epic was laggy. Seems to have been the case for all android phones that came out around that time. But the One X is the smoothest experience I've ever had on a phone. It's soooooo damn fast. Apps load up before I have time to realize when I just opened. Home screens are smooth as butter. I never owned an iPhone, but my wife has an iPod Touch and I think the One X is just as smooth as that.

The only major drawback is the storage space. iPhones offer waaaay more (up to 64GB), and cloud storage is no substitute. I've found creative ways to deal with the storage though. That sucker lets me play movies over wifi without having to store them on the phone. Real nice

Now that I have this phone, it's hard to imagine a phone that could make me want to switch away. I can't speak enough about how well this sucker is designed.

I'm a huge Apple fanboy. Definitely living in the Apple eco-system and have tried Android devices in the past but always went back to iOS.

I've been getting a little bored with my iPhone (especially hearing about new Android phones coming out) and picked up a HTC Vivid a couple weeks ago. I immediately got hooked on it but the form and design of that phone just wasn't doing it for me. I picked it because of the SD slot.

Exchanged the Vivid for a HOX yesterday and couldn't be happier. This phone is awesome! I think I'll be using it for awhile.

Now, there are some things I'm still trying to get used to:

1. Using touchdown for work email. My corporate email requires a PIN and I do love that I don't have to lock down my whole device using touchdown...just the app. But, I'm still getting used to the app.

2. My mac mail. Like I said, I was in the Apple ecosystem. I'm moving things to a gmail account but I don't like that the native Android mail app doesn't do push for my mac mail. I'll live.

The storage space isn't an issue for me. I'm going to end up using my iPhone as an iPod to get all my music streamed via BT in the car. Woohoo!!

I am in the apple eco system as well. I have a macbook pro, iPad and iPhone 4s. I had a GS2 for a long time and loved it. The only few gripes i had was the default email client is not as polished as apples mail client. Also i like how everything syncs between each other, mail, contacts, calender, and now Photostream. I used to have my gmail and MobileMe link up contacts, but i cannot do that anymore since the switch to icloud. These are the few things i will have to figure out if i decide to buy the OneX.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

My feelings exactly. I had the Nexus 1 and loved it but I got tired of bridging services between Apple and Google (Spanning Sync for Gmail / MobileMe, Doubletwist vs .iTunes, etc)

I know the right answer is to drop out of the Apple ecosystem altogether but I don't feel there is a 1:1 match of services. I love the simplicity and ease of Apple's calendar and contacts in iCloud, movies and music in iTunes / iCloud (my iTunes library is 200+GB and I have a Mac Mini for a HTPC) Plus, the app selection / quality seem better in iOS, not to mention AirPlay and AirPrint work great when you have the right hardware. I think recent Android hardware has been looking great but I don't want to spend all night cobbling stuff together.

For me to make a switch, the entire ecosystem has to be seamless and to do it right would mean swapping out a whole lot of pieces besides a handset.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Went into AT&T today to pull the trigger... Guess what? No visual voice mail!! Sorry but that is a deal breaker.

And don't go on and on about google voice, Hulu mail, or other third party apps.

I like the integration of AT&T's app, and I use my VVM on my iPhone all the time.

Fix it AT&T and I'm sold.
    iPhone 4 (RIP)

Damn, Verizon isn't getting the One X right? There's no justice in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by vjr021 View Post
    Went into AT&T today to pull the trigger... Guess what? No visual voice mail!! Sorry but that is a deal breaker.

And don't go on and on about google voice, Hulu mail, or other third party apps.

I like the integration of AT&T's app, and I use my VVM on my iPhone all the time.

+1 for YouMail...just had to plug that!

Ahem...anywho...I think someone posted in another thread that you can download "at&t messages" from the Google Play store. I believe that's your VVM.

Mildly pissed about the wifi issue (i can work around it), but everything else is spectacular.

Ah, the integration with Google Voice is WAY better than AT&T's offering, and offers way way more capability, and you can access it from your computer as well.

Don't come here whining about what AT&T left off and then preempt any suggestions by telling us not to recommend the obvious best solution. If all you want is a drive by ing, go over to AT&T's forums.

I'm still undecided. I've had the One X since Friday afternoon. There are a lot of things to like about this phone and ICS but there are also things that drive me nuts. I've gotten used to polished apps for iOS but I find a big chunk of Android apps clunky at best. That's not to say they don't function properly. The only app I've used so far that I think is the equal of the iOS version is Twitter. Auto uploading pics to Dropbox works but it's not as seamless as PhotoStream. Why doesn't either email client auto fit HTML emails to the screen ? GGGrrrrr I think what I want is iOS running on this hardware.

Side note: I know there are some talented people working on apps for Android so I don't get why the quality is so low. Is it that they are limited by tools they have at their disposal for coding ?
    say anything likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Ah, the integration with Google Voice is WAY better than AT&T's offering, and offers way way more capability, and you can access it from your computer as well.

Don't come here whining about what AT&T left off and then preempt any suggestions by telling us not to recommend the obvious best solution. If all you want is a drive by ing, go over to AT&T's forums.
    Good thought. The trouble is Google Voice keeps giving me an error message every time I try to change my voicemail to them from the carrier. For now I'm using Hullomail. Clunky but it seems to work.

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Go to xda and download the att vvm app. Proof, you have vvm. Works on my One X.

Quote Originally Posted by verks View Post
    Go to xda and download the att vvm app. Proof, you have vvm. Works on my One X.

Thanks for the heads up. Works great and looks a ton better than the 3rd party solutions

I'll go against the crowd here and say that thus far I'm unhappy. Not everybody has it, but the wifi issue is pretty widespread. A number of people are also having issues with push email. Personally, I'm experiencing both issues. This is my 4th Android phone (Droid Incredible, Bionic, Galaxy S2, Xperia Ray) and I've never had any such issues. And I'm a pretty experienced Android user, so I'm pretty sure it's not user error.

If these things don't get fixed within the return period, this guy will have to go back, which is a shame because other than these stupid issues that shouldn't even exist, the phone is amazing.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,521 Global Posts

To be honest, I'm still on the fence. I think, yes his might sound weird, but, I liked my Skyrocket better. Not sure why exactly yet...

Yes, the WIFI is an issue, but try setting it to 2.4GHZ, versus auto (from the One X). As for the email issue, you have to go into the settings for mail (if you use Gmail), and set the mail notification for ALL email, not just the first one.

I had the same issue yesterday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macguy59 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Works great and looks a ton better than the 3rd party solutions
    You can confirm you have it working on yours???
    iPhone 4 (RIP)

Yes it's working on my One X. Had my wife call and leave 2 voicemails. Nice UI
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast