Best Siri like app

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
that I've used so far is Skyvi. Not as mature a product but not bad. It talks in similar fashion as Siri albeit using a different voice. And it seems capable of learning.

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I did try that and . . . it did not work very well for me. I got a cryptic error message on about 50% of the questions I asked. It also requires more manual button presses than Skyvi does.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
only really used speaktoit. Never had a problem with it.
But only used it to try it out as i don't see much use for them honestly. nice gimick though.

Reactions: Robmc77

nobylspoon

May 11, 2012
Visit site
AIVC has been my favorite. It does a great job with English to German translations too.

I tried one app that forced me to finish tutorial Im sending text. When it asked who to send I said "anyone" and the app pulled a random contact, someone I only knew on Facebook, and sent them my random text at 130am...

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice Actions. Just speak in very technical terms.

Siri promotes "natural" speaking but Google's offering is just as functional. Plus, there is Majel.

When speaking in a personally natural way the meaning is left to interpretation in which answers/results can become vague.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice Actions. Just speak in very technical terms.

I agree. I didn't use Siri much on my iPhone, well, other than when I first got it. On the HOX, I'm using Google Voice Actions more. Mainly for things like "navigate to x address" in the car or "find closest gas station".

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using Voice Actions until upgrading to ICS and now I use the built in voice control. Wow it really works great. Another app to give you a ton of voice control over your phone is Tasker... If you like to tinker give it a try! Read more here!!!

Reactions: thedarkoneaox

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Maluuba, it's amazing. It doesn't speak back to you though but it's still the best in my book.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos