Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Things that need to be fixed...

So I have had my AT&T HTC One X for four days now. Here is my list of what has to get fixed right away and what keeps this phone from being the best Android phone and possibly the best Smartphone:

1. WiFi: My phone will either not disconnect or not connect. I have it setup on my home network and my office network and it will not connect automatically to either. If I select it, no problem, when I leave the office, it does not disconnect and therefore, the data connection is not available since the phone thinks that it is still connected.

2. Camera: Everyone who tells you that this camera is amazing is both right and wrong. It is amazing in that it is fast, powerful, has great filters, and has a great user interface. They are wrong in that for some reason the jpgs out of the camera are pixelated, have lots of noise, and are blurry. Somehow, a 8 megapixel camera is outputting 1.5mb files which means that they are highly compressed. If you get apps that do not compress, the file size is much bigger (5.6mb) and are much better but they can't use the new image chip so they become much slower. It is a catch-22.

3. AT&T Crap Apps - Allow me to uninstall those!!!!

4. Beats Audio and Dr Dre Headphones - What is the deal with not being able to control the volume using Beats Audio headphones (such as the Dr Dre ones) on a phone that has Beats Audio built in and is owned by HTC???? Seriously, if Apple can do it, why can't the company that owns the technology do this?

That is it for now... I'll report more as I use it more...

Default Re: Things that need to be fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by jhzafrani View Post
    So I have had my AT&T HTC One X for four days now. Here is my list of what has to get fixed right away and what keeps this phone from being the best Android phone and possibly the best Smartphone:

1. WiFi: My phone will either not disconnect or not connect. I have it setup on my home network and my office network and it will not connect automatically to either. If I select it, no problem, when I leave the office, it does not disconnect and therefore, the data connection is not available since the phone thinks that it is still connected.

2. Camera: Everyone who tells you that this camera is amazing is both right and wrong. It is amazing in that it is fast, powerful, has great filters, and has a great user interface. They are wrong in that for some reason the jpgs out of the camera are pixelated, have lots of noise, and are blurry. Somehow, a 8 megapixel camera is outputting 1.5mb files which means that they are highly compressed. If you get apps that do not compress, the file size is much bigger (5.6mb) and are much better but they can't use the new image chip so they become much slower. It is a catch-22.

3. AT&T Crap Apps - Allow me to uninstall those!!!!

4. Beats Audio and Dr Dre Headphones - What is the deal with not being able to control the volume using Beats Audio headphones (such as the Dr Dre ones) on a phone that has Beats Audio built in and is owned by HTC???? Seriously, if Apple can do it, why can't the company that owns the technology do this?

That is it for now... I'll report more as I use it more...
    go to the advance settings in wifi to 2.4 ghrz. should fix your wifi issues.

Because the buttons on the dr dre headphones isnt mapped in android.
    Thanked by:

Regarding 2. Camera...

Instead of tapping to focus, just point and let the camera focus by itself; then touch the capture button as light as possible while holding still, or use burst mode to capture multiple shots.

I had the same issue like you, but after a while I'm getting used to it to take great picture now. This camera focus is so sensitive that it only takes 0.2 second to focus on a spot you tab and usually the phone is not even back to steady state when tabbed to focus therefore a blurry shot is captured. Hope the future update correct this hypersensitive focus.

Also - the text font size issue really needs to be fixed.

I was wondering about the jpegs coming out of the camera - the first pictures I took surprised me that they were only about 1.5mbs - My wife has the samsung infuse that has an 8 mpx camera on it as well and when she shoots at 8 the files are close to 5mb.

We need an option to have full uncompressed images saved if we want them!

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The native music player also needs some work. Is there any way to goto the songs queue from the now playing screen? When I press back it takes me music overview from where I have to select my phone again. Or am I doing something wrong?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by expertzero1 View Post
    go to the advance settings in wifi to 2.4 ghrz. should fix your wifi issues.

Because the buttons on the dr dre headphones isnt mapped in android.
    Thanks for the tip on the wireless. It seems to help.

As far as the buttons, I don't get why they couldn't get them mapped on a new device. But that I can live with. At least the volume buttons work when the device is locked...

The main things i want fixed are:

1. Home screen lag (not app launcher, as that's already silky smooth)
    2. Live wallpapers - they shouldn't stop when you touch the screen to move screens

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    The main things i want fixed are:

1. Home screen lag (not app launcher, as that's already silky smooth)
    2. Live wallpapers - they shouldn't stop when you touch the screen to move screens

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Are you talking about home screen lag while flipping through the home screens, or something else?

And my live wallpapers don't stop moving when i touch the screen to flip through the pages.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I only have a few days left with my htc vivid and I'm considering returning it for the one x can someone please let me know if the voice dialer works on the one x? It's no longer on the vivid after ics upgrade so no bluetooth dialing
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    I only have a few days left with my htc vivid and I'm considering returning it for the one x can someone please let me know if the voice dialer works on the one x? It's no longer on the vivid after ics upgrade so no bluetooth dialing
    The One X does not have an actual voice dialer app. Rather, the regular dialer has a voice icon that allows you to say "Call Liza" for example and it uses Google's Voice Actions as an engine from what I can tell.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jhzafrani View Post
    The One X does not have an actual voice dialer app. Rather, the regular dialer has a voice icon that allows you to say "Call Liza" for example and it uses Google's Voice Actions as an engine from what I can tell.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks that helps. It means your in the same boat I'm in. You can't dail using the button on your bt headset or from the car. you can try but believe me it won't work! Unless you buy an app from the market which doesn't work 1/2 a nice as the gb voice dialer did.