Screen shots of your battery life...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting.

I had my battery at around 20%, just watched about 1.5 hrs of video until it died - in Airplane Mode. From that perspective, seems great. I wonder if it's indeed the LTE that's draining the thing so fast when I use it for web/email.

Using LTE will drain the battery faster, even with the more efficient baseband we have. It's still reportedly much better than the Vivid or Skyrocket.

I wish they would give us the ability to turn it off, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I let it completely drain for the first cycle. The first few hours of use was, and usually is for everyone, a lot of setting everything up, downloading apps, etc. Once it totally died I plugged it in for the first time and let it get to 100% and took it off the charger. 11% battery life after 18+ hours of typical use from me... this thing has great battery life for my needs.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
this thing has great battery life for my needs.

Exactly.

And this was the big item from all the know-it-alls posting on Android Central, screaming Deal Breaker when ever the battery was mentioned.

I can go to bed with 5% battery, and wake up 7 hours later and still have 2% left. I have the quad core model which has a 5th core that handles very low power tasks when the phone is asleep.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Duke007down

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not complaining at all. My One x has the best battery life of any smart phone I've ever owned. This usage is with the screen set to auto and I'm in an LTE area. Happy camper here:)

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
First full day. Not too bad. Hope it gets better after the battery is conditioned.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
First full day. Not too bad. Hope it gets better after the battery is conditioned.

It will get better when you can finally pry it from your fingers.

I didn't even start measuring my battery life for the first week, cuz I couldn't stop playing with it. :D

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If I leave my ONE X on sleep mode, it can run a full day, sure... haha

But barely 12 hours on heavy use...is that normal?

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
my third day w/ HOX and i'm getting 15hrs of middle usage... mainly voice calls/text,yelp check ins,gmail push,pandora,google+ some temple run,angry birds,pew pew i'm loving the battery life so far...:)

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
If I leave my ONE X on sleep mode, it can run a full day, sure... haha

But barely 12 hours on heavy use...is that normal?

Yes, I think that's normal depending on what you are doing. Screen + LTE combo is brutal... if you're browsing the web/downloading stuff via LTE, it will only last a few hours. Or at least that's just me. I've been pretty disappointed when using the device for the last few days, because it felt like the battery died quickly. But I recognize I was using it very heavily.

Today I am using it moderately, and I'm at 65% after 24 hours of use, with the screen on for a combined total of 40 mins. This is with LTE on the entire time.

I think that, in airplane mode, you can run the screen for quite a while.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...another good day!

battery-2.png
battery2.png

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is my screen shot I have live wallpapers on and I have had the phone since Wednesday.

Kalebb2010

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was considering this phone.. But on average about 3 hours of screen on time? Wtf?! Using my iPhone 4 I'm on 10% battery with 14 hours standby and 7 hours of actual usage. Had one short phone call, some texting, some Facebook, and mostly Internet browsing.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I was considering this phone.. But on average about 3 hours of screen on time? Wtf?! Using my iPhone 4 I'm on 10% battery with 14 hours standby and 7 hours of actual usage. Had one short phone call, some texting, some Facebook, and mostly Internet browsing.

To be honest, I think it's the LTE + screen combo that really drains it quickly. Intermittent usage is not so bad at all.

I've had my phone on now for 2 days, it's at 40% battery - this is with normal usage, with the screen on for about 1 hr of combined time. That's not bad at all, imo.

Some people have posted screenshots of the screen lasting like 5 hrs of on time, but my guess is that's without LTE. I plan to watch some movies on a plane today - will see how well it lasts in airplane mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084