Visual voicemail

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice truly is your answer. There is a light version that is just visual voicemail, the provisioning process that says it doesn't work does work. The translation feature is awesome as well.

Exactly correct PTM.

Signing up for Google Voice Lite is a two minute operation, and you can also upgrade to the full version later. (Its actually easier to get the full Google Voice. Nothing obligates you to using the additional phone number, and its occasionally nice to have a second phone number). Compare features here.

Folks need to step away from the security blanket of carrier voice mail apps, none of which are anywhere near as good as Google Voice.

People purchased a new phone. So clearly they aren't afraid of change. So why cling to a second class visual voice mail system?

You can change carriers and change handsets without ever worrying about carrier visual voicemail again.

Reactions: oldskoolsc

nofears

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
OK, since Im so new to Android and my new HTC One X I DL'd the VVM from XDA and now have the zip file but how do I get this onto my HOX and get it functioning?

Can someone please walk me thru the steps? I would really appreciate it! :)

BTW...ATT MEssages is frikin LAME!

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, since Im so new to Android and my new HTC One X I DL'd the VVM from XDA and now have the zip file but how do I get this onto my HOX and get it functioning?

Can someone please walk me thru the steps? I would really appreciate it! :)

BTW...ATT MEssages is frikin LAME!

i went ahead and uploaded the apk to dropbox and just opened it from my phone. it allowed me to install it, very simple.

danwc

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Or just download it to your phone from the xda page directly from your phone. It'll download and you can open it directly from the notification that it has finished downloading. Worked great for me that way.

nofears

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I DL'd the app directly from my HOX and installed it. It said to setup I had to call my voicemail, which I did. Once I completed the call it was attempting to setup the account and then gave me a screen that said a verification had not been recieved. I tried again and the same thing.

Any ideas?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I DL'd the app directly from my HOX and installed it. It said to setup I had to call my voicemail, which I did. Once I completed the call it was attempting to setup the account and then gave me a screen that said a verification had not been recieved. I tried again and the same thing.

Any ideas?

I believe, and its been mentioned in this thread, that you need to call at&t and have vvm provisioned/reprovisioned for your account.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I also spent time with the ATT rep and had to have my provisions updated - coming over from iPhone. And works great with one big caveat...it won't pull the messages if connected to wifi! I get the normal VM notification, have to turn-off wifi and then it will update.

I was told by the ATT rep that it was just the way the phone worked...find that hard to believe.

Anyone else having this issue?

Glad I read this I downloaded the file, called AT&T and they provisioned it for my phone. It immediately showed up in the notification area, I went to set it up and it kept asking me to enter a password, confirm the password and then it said it was updating and would never finish. After reading your post I turned my wifi off and then it finished updating.

Now though when someone tries calling me it is asking them to enter the area code and phone number they are trying to reach?

Gave up and am all set up now with google voice :)

Last edited:

nofears

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe, and its been mentioned in this thread, that you need to call at&t and have vvm provisioned/reprovisioned for your account.

I've done this a couple times now and have restarted my phone multiple times...and shut off wifi and bluetooth just for good cause...still cant get a final verification from the VVM app when i call into my voicemail...ATT doesnt seem to have a solution for me either... :(

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with ATT and they gave me the "Your VVM will be activated on your HOX by the 28th of May".

Last edited:

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone still get the normal call in voicemail notification? Anytime I get a vm I have to wait about 3 minutes for the vvm to pop up, that's when the call in vm notification disappears. Is this normal? And if so is there a way to disable the call in in notification?

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried again Sunday to get it to work...no bueno so I uninstalled it. I just reinstalled from the saved apk in dropbox and setup went through without a hitch. Completed a test voicemail and everything worked just like it's supposed to. Looks like AT&T got whatever issues there were taken care of.

Last edited:

jayinwny

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I also spent time with the ATT rep and had to have my provisions updated - coming over from iPhone. And works great with one big caveat...it won't pull the messages if connected to wifi! I get the normal VM notification, have to turn-off wifi and then it will update.

I was told by the ATT rep that it was just the way the phone worked...find that hard to believe.

Anyone else having this issue?
I've been trying to get the VVM working for a while now and tried it 3 or 4 times. Turned off the wifi and restarted, BAM, it's alive! I know from working at an AT&T agent location that you have to have the proper feature code on your acct but in this case, things seem to have worked out good.

scottadusa

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Doesnt work for me, i lauch call voicemail hit end call and it says setting up then i get those three messages that it cant be completed.

This sucks

scottadusa

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Now i tried to call att and THEY ARE CLOSED on sundays. WTF> I cant believe the number 2 cell company customer service is closed on sundays. They are the ONLY ones
that are closed on sundays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21