Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Visual voicemail

Anyone else shocked that there is no visual voicemail feature? I am so used to having this on iOS...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Visual voicemail

You can use youmail as an alternative

You can google xda att vvm and upload the zip file to dropbox. Then use Astro to install the APK from dropbox. Launch att vvm and you are good to go, just make sure that you have unknown sources checked in security settings. Works great.

+1 for YouMail. Long time user of their service and it works great.
    jcochran1977 likes this.

I downloaded AT&T Messages from the play store. It seems to work well, it gives both visual VM and text features (I signed up separately for vm to text so I don't know if the text from vm works if you don't).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by varsityhacker View Post
    You can google xda att vvm and upload the zip file to dropbox. Then use Astro to install the APK from dropbox. Launch att vvm and you are good to go, just make sure that you have unknown sources checked in security settings. Works great.
    Unfortunately I have AT&T Messages, so can't get this to set up correctly. I think I need to call AT&T and ask them to reset to my VVM. But yes, got the app just fine - thank you!

(if anyone wants the link)
    Thanked by:

To get ATT Visual Voicemail on your Htc One X check out this thread:

Look for Dondula's post about sideloading ATT VVM ti your HOX.

Thanks Dondula!
    TavisB likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yep, it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by neocryte View Post
    Anyone else shocked that there is no visual voicemail feature? I am so used to having this on iOS...
    I'm shocked anyone would use it over Google Voice.

i had att visual voicemail on a previous phone, when i got my one X it showed up under "my apps" on the note it said it wasnt compatible but not on the one X so i downloaded it and set everything up... you guys should try searching for att visual voicemail.. i had no issue getting it on mine one x

Yeh. I was a little shock too. I'm trying youmail for now.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

If you search for art voicemail viewer it shows that it is available for the one x. When I downloaded it it won't take my voicemail pin though.

Google Voice is your answer, great features and synchs well obviously.
    jess.hickey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by medicth View Post
    If you search for art voicemail viewer it shows that it is available for the one x. When I downloaded it it won't take my voicemail pin though.
    I think you have to call att and get provisioned for visual voicemail
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Yes, definitely make sure AT&T has visual voicemail set up for you. If you've installed AT&T Messages (which does visual voicemail but also forces you to see text msg notifications), you need to call AT&T and ask them to roll you back to regular visual voicemail (reset it, effectively).

The AT&T Visual Voicemail app (the one I provide the link for - to XDA) works great. I've never felt the need for Google Voice, since I had visual voicemail on my iPhone, and it worked great as a native capability. I didn't really want to go with Voice just to get visual voicemail, so I am happy with my choice right now. Although I heard Google Voice Light lets you do just the visual voicemail part, which is nice.

By Visual Voicemail I'm assuming that means having the ability to read and listen to a voicemail, so that's why I suggested Google Voice. Maybe there's something else you expect, not sure.

But Google Voice is great, it's free, most importantly it's Google and melts into the system. Lots of options, I like being able to set different greetings for my different circles in G+ easily, they added that feature not long ago. I always have a GV tab opened on Chrome.

With GV you can call/text from your computer, a complete history of everything, easy access to changing greetings, lots of options for handling calls, ability to place call widgets on web pages, porting, just so much you can do. Top of the GV page looks like gmail or G+, all your Google options are a click away.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

i have went ahead and sideloaded this app but all and any voicemails i received are still coming up on my phone to dial in. the app doesnt seem to be receiving the voicemails. very odd, im wondering if i need the update
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by genetic517 View Post
    i have went ahead and sideloaded this app but all and any voicemails i received are still coming up on my phone to dial in. the app doesnt seem to be receiving the voicemails. very odd, im wondering if i need the update
    You should not need the update... Try giving AT&T a call and making sure your visual voicemail is set up correctly on their end. I had to do that.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

You should not need the update... Try giving AT&T a call and making sure your visual voicemail is set up correctly on their end. I had to do that.
    Any idea which department you talked to? I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with ATT cust service, this agent obviously had no idea what to do. She said that it was provisioned correctly.
    When I downloaded the VVM from XDA, and installed it, it just sits there and says updating account after I setup my password, it never goes past that screen.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

im going to ask the same question as medicth. which department would i need to talk to to set this up? and wont they know i sideloaded the app since its not available for the one x?

Quote Originally Posted by medicth View Post
    Any idea which department you talked to? I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with ATT cust service, this agent obviously had no idea what to do. She said that it was provisioned correctly.
    When I downloaded the VVM from XDA, and installed it, it just sits there and says updating account after I setup my password, it never goes past that screen.
    make sure wifi is off when setting up VVM, mine wouldnt complete the setup until i disabled wifi.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Yep, WiFi has to be off.

I called 611 from my cell phone. One of the people I spoke with had ZERO idea of what to do, he asked me if my phone had cracks on it after 45 minutes of troubleshooting. I hung up. The next person I spoke with solved my problem in 3 minutes, was very knowledgable. I think it's just luck of the draw - if you get a dummy, just call back.

AT&T had no issues with me using the app, they didn't walk me through the app or anything, they just needed to enable VVM on my account, and then the app worked just fine.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Yep, WiFi has to be off.

I called 611 from my cell phone. One of the people I spoke with had ZERO idea of what to do, he asked me if my phone had cracks on it after 45 minutes of troubleshooting. I hung up. The next person I spoke with solved my problem in 3 minutes, was very knowledgable. I think it's just luck of the draw - if you get a dummy, just call back.

AT&T had no issues with me using the app, they didn't walk me through the app or anything, they just needed to enable VVM on my account, and then the app worked just fine.
    Do you know if there is a difference in what they have to provision. Iknow the last person I talked to kept saying att messages, when I would ask about VVM, though she said VVm was provisioned.

I turned wifi off and not it keeps telling me after I enter my password, that i must create a password, even though I just entered it, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and using different passwords.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Make sure you tell AT&T to remove AT&T Messages provisioning from your account. It's a separate way to do VVM, and it really sucks. They can remove it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Make sure you tell AT&T to remove AT&T Messages provisioning from your account. It's a separate way to do VVM, and it really sucks. They can remove it.
    This worked this time, Thanks. Asked them to remove ATT messages, and provision VVM. Then I reinstalled VVM app from XDA. I had to re-setup old style call in voicemail first, then setup VVM using same password. Works perfect.

This rep was much more knowledgeable, fixed it in 3 minutes.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast