Anyone notice slowdowns?

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Just scrolling left/right through the screens, I seem to be getting slight screen lag - a bit of jerkiness here and there. Definitely not the buttery smooth it used to be when I first got the phone. I tried clearing all processes in Task Manager, restarting the phone, etc. Not really running anything other than email in the background, weather and battery widgets. Battery seems to be draining quickly, and the phone interface isn't as smooth as I remember it.

Any ideas?

Thinking about trying Apex Launcher, heard it's much faster than stock...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The only slowdowns I see are when the phone is making calls to the data network. I just opened a bunch of apps and scrolled through everything I could and it stayed smooth.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Kevin. Not sure if I'm being hypercritical or what. Given my battery issues too, I think I might try swapping the unit for a new one this week, at least to give myself peace of mind.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Home screen lag is definitely evident, but app launcher is silky smooth.

1.29 improves it, but its still there....

But I'm in n the international tegra 3 version, and believe its still got some nvidia driver issues.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
What are your battery issues? If you've already posted about it just link to that thread here and I'll see it.

Check out this thread, I posted a few times in it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/172265-screen-shots-your-battery-life.html

Basically, my battery seems to drain pretty quickly, faster than what I'm hearing on this message board and what I've seen in reviews. Basically I get 3 hours of pure screen usage until I hit 0% battery, on LTE. That seems light to me - I've seen numerous screenshots of others hitting twice that or even more.

I wonder if I have some stuff in the background quietly bleeding the battery, but can't pinpoint anything in task manager or battery usage. Maybe LTE browsing/email/whatever just really sucks up the battery? If I keep the phone inactive, it seems to last a while.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Home screen lag is definitely evident, but app launcher is silky smooth.

1.29 improves it, but its still there....

But I'm in n the international tegra 3 version, and believe its still got some nvidia driver issues.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, app launcher is very smooth. Home screen a bit laggy. Weird enough, when I had live wallpaper (bubbles) on, there seemed to be less/zero lag.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What isn't silky smooth is the brief lag the first time you open the app drawer.

then you close it and click the button again and it instantly opens.. whats that about?

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What isn't silky smooth is the brief lag the first time you open the app drawer.

then you close it and click the button again and it instantly opens.. whats that about?

Exactly. Only thing thAT lags for me

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar