Home screen keeps changing

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Had my one x since Sunday. I love it!
Every day the main home screen keeps changing. Whichever screen is the default one that you go to when you push the home button changes to another screen. I can't figure out why or how to change it. Any ideas?

Last edited:

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I changed all the shortcuts to a different screen just so what I wanted on my home screen. Then I rebooted the phone later and the home screen switched again. And added a blank additional home screen.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird. If you hold the home button, do you see all your screens? They don't look the same, do they?

Maybe try changing the theme, and then check the home screen again. Failing that you might have to reset the device. Maybe there was\is an issue of sorts.

osudelt00

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I am so happy I found this and I hope someone can help me or if the OP can tell me what you did to stop the problem from happening. I just moved from the iPhone 4 to the HTC ONE X and this is one of the most annoying things I am experiencing. My home screen keeps changing and it doesn't appear that you can easily change it to whatever plate you want. (Or I just don't know how to do it. ) Any Tips to fix this would be appreciated.

aashafie

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Weird, when I press the home button it will always go to the same screen. The only change is the pic on my flipboard widget.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

saundersadam

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. When I restart the phone it adds three more blank screens that weren't there before. If I don't have my home screen set as a certain screen then it switches to a default home screen that doesn't have the icons on it that I had selected. Very frustrating bug/setting but I don't know how to fix it.

osudelt00

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. When I restart the phone it adds three more blank screens that weren't there before. If I don't have my home screen set as a certain screen then it switches to a default home screen that doesn't have the icons on it that I had selected. Very frustrating bug/setting but I don't know how to fix it.

I am so happy its not just me.. I hope someone has some advice.

djt_co

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem on an HTC Sensation that I just updated to ICS. When I go into Leap View where all the home screens are visible as thumbnails, one of the blank screens has a thin green line around it and I can't delete it. The manual says that the main home screen (the one the phone opens to, I presume) should be the screen in the middle when in Leap View, but my phone keeps opening to the blank screen with the green line around it. I suppose I could move everything from what was my main home screen before this started happening, but I'd like to confirm whether there was a software change that defines the main home screen as the one with the thin green line, irrespective of its location in Leap View. Does anyone know the answer to this?

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I think I found the solution:

I ran into this problem yesterday when I decided to restore my phone to factory settings. Unfortunately, this fix will require u to restore :(

The way I fixed it was when I restored the first time, i set it up through the pc tutorial thing that walks you through on how you want to set it up, what accounts you want to sync, and what you want your home screen/pages to be and look like. I did not have this before i restored because the lady at AT&T skipped the tutorial when we turned it on at the store.

After i restored, I was in the same boat as you, my home screen kept changing whenever i would restart my phone. i would leave it with 3 screens and when i restarted, it put 4 more on, increasing it to its max size (7) and the prev screen i had as the home one would be switched to a blank one that it created for me. BEYOND FRUSTRATING! I would change this 3-4 times to see if it repeated it once i restarted and it did.

So, (and here is the fix), i restored the phone again but SKIPPED THE PC SET UP tutorial. My phone is all set up and no more home screens changing.

Not sure why it does this, there must be a bug in the software that when you set it up with a pc, it locks in the number of screens you set it up with and if you try to alter it outside that program (simply rearranging them/deleting them on your phone), it'll reset it back to how you had it set up when you went through the pc tutorial. In my case, it was 7 screens that i finished the tutorial with instead of the 3 I wanted after i finished the tutorial.

I hope this makes sense as im writing quickly while at work. Essentially, restore your phone but do not use the pc walk through to set up your phone!

Let me know if this works. :)

E Patrick Francke

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
On the page you want to be your Home Screen, pinch your fingers together on the screen. You will see widgets at the bottom and the different screens at the top. Touch the screen you want to use as your default Home Screen, you will see a message top left "Set as Home Screen". Drag that screen to the message and you will see the home screen "home plate" logo imposed over it. Worked for me on my HTC One.

Kelil68

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
On the page you want to be your Home Screen, pinch your fingers together on the screen. You will see widgets at the bottom and the different screens at the top. Touch the screen you want to use as your default Home Screen, you will see a message top left "Set as Home Screen". Drag that screen to the message and you will see the home screen "home plate" logo imposed over it. Worked for me on my HTC One.

For the Galaxy S2, after pinching your fingers together on the home screen the screens form a group of tiles that you can move around, delete and select the home icon in the upper right corner to designate as the home screen. Thanks for the help.

Peace ToAll

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
You are freaking awesome. I was going crazy trying to figure out why new blank home keep being created & main home screen keep changing to other home screen but then I read your tip and now I know how. Thank you my man :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781