Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pauley
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Default Flashlight app

So I guess they did away with the flashlight app that turns the led on as well?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Lightbulb Re: Flashlight app

HTC Flashlight.apk that I resigned to work on a non-rooted AT&T One X (you just install it like a regular apk)

Credit:
    Flashlight.apk thanks to JSLEnterprises
    Auto-Sign tool thanks to Dave Da illest 1 and mixpix405
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by 4:

Default Re: Flashlight app

Quote Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
    HTC Flashlight.apk that I resigned to work on a non-rooted AT&T One X (you just install it like a regular apk)

Credit:
    you wouldn't happen to have the apk for the Mirror app which they also left out of the AT&T One X would you?

Quote Originally Posted by dylan808 View Post
    you wouldn't happen to have the apk for the Mirror app which they also left out of the AT&T One X would you?
    The mirror app is actually there just hidden. If you search your phone apps (like via the Google Search widget) it'll show up & can be launched. You should be able to set it as a shortcut via Launch-X, Anycut (now discontinued but can be found), etc apps.
    Thanked by:

The mirror app is actually there just hidden. If you search your phone apps (like via the Google Search widget) it'll show up & can be launched. You should be able to set it as a shortcut via Launch-X, Anycut (now discontinued but can be found), etc apps.
    I know this will be a little out of subject too but how about the real "FM" HTC radio app? like on the EVO 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by XxViperNYCxX View Post
    I know this will be a little out of subject too but how about the real "FM" HTC radio app? like on the EVO 3D.
    That's on the international version. Its built into the Tegra chip set, according to the Tegra 3 spec sheet.

So if it's missing from at&t it may be due to a processor difference, and installing the apk might not work.

But here's the apk

http://db.tt/deRaCKmv

Sent from my HOX

oh nice! it worked! cool
    out of curiosity i did this with the Polaris Office app also and it worked! (i saw Polaris in the "All Apps" section but i didn't have it in my app drawer.)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan808 View Post
    oh nice! it worked! cool
    out of curiosity i did this with the Polaris Office app also and it worked! (i saw Polaris in the "All Apps" section but i didn't have it in my app drawer.)
    Yeah that is cool. I didn't think about the Polaris Office actually having a UI. I just had documents opening via it but the recent and dropbox integration is nice.
    jadeboy7 likes this.

Credit:
    Hi,

I downloaded the apk from the above source but it cannot be installed. My phone is unrooted. Is this app for unrooted phone?

Thanks.

My phone says. This application not supported. Also trying to find ActiveX that will load.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Download es file explorer,and look for it in the "download" file on your phone.

My one x is better then your one x!!
    /
    D:
    \
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

https://play.google.com/store/search...%2B+led&c=apps

Tons of free flashlight apps.
    I just got the first one on top ( Tiny Flashlight + LED ) and it works fine.

Hebrews 13:8

Hi All. I tried every suggestion you guys have given and, I still get error message, this device does support this content download. I am on my HOX. Please, what do I do? I am not savvy enough to know what "root" even means, so did not want to try it. Help. Cordelia

Rooted with Evita All In One toolkit and installed Viper XL. FM Radio and flashlight are back, and all the ATT crapware is gone. Best thing I ever did with the phone.
    HTC One X running Viper XL

I would suggest checking out Lite LED flashlight first....Totally minimal permissions and no ads.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xpdGVMaWdodCJd

I did this and it worked on my last HTC EVO 4g LTE but I lost it and am now trying to install it on my replacement HTC EVO 4g LTE and it keeps saying app not installed. Any tips?