More Free Cloud Storage

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you know.....

That the One X comes with something called Skydrive for HTC Sense, which makes your Microsoft Skydrive a share target for photos, a source location for Polaris Office, and the PDF Viewer that came with the phone? (probably a few other apps can access Skydrive as well)

You get 25Gig of storage in Skydrive just for signing up or logging in with a hotmail account, and you can manage it from your PC as well.

I fired off an email to Estrong asking if they would ever incorporate it into ES File Explorer, and they shot me back an .apk of their beta File Explorer that has Skydrive support (as well as an FTP server) built in.

Its awesome. ES File Explorer handles Samba Shares, Dropbox, Box, and now Skydrive.

Side note: the PDF viewer that came with the HTC One appears to be written by Foxit, and is the best Android PDF viewer I have seen. Full zoom control.

I've loaded all my tech ref PDFs up to Skydrive and don't have to carry them around on my phone.

I don't know if EStrongs want's me sending this APK around since its beta, but they did indicate it will be available soon in the market.

There are a couple other Skydrive specific apps (Browser for Skydrive is good, Android Skydrive Explorer not quite ready for prime time).

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you know.....

That the One X comes with something called Skydrive for HTC Sense, which makes your Microsoft Skydrive a share target for photos, a source location for Polaris Office, and the PDF Viewer that came with the phone? (probably a few other apps can access Skydrive as well)

You get 25Gig of storage in Skydrive just for signing up or logging in with a hotmail account, and you can manage it from your PC as well.

I fired off an email to Estrong asking if they would ever incorporate it into ES File Explorer, and they shot me back an .apk of their beta File Explorer that has Skydrive support (as well as an FTP server) built in.

Its awesome. ES File Explorer handles Samba Shares, Dropbox, Box, and now Skydrive.

Side note: the PDF viewer that came with the HTC One appears to be written by Foxit, and is the best Android PDF viewer I have seen. Full zoom control.

I've loaded all my tech ref PDFs up to Skydrive and don't have to carry them around on my phone.

I don't know if EStrongs want's me sending this APK around since its beta, but they did indicate it will be available soon in the market.

There are a couple other Skydrive specific apps (Browser for Skydrive is good, Android Skydrive Explorer not quite ready for prime time).

where did you find skydrive i can't seem to locate it? if i could get that it would be awesome i used it with my windows phone 7 all the time and i use it on my laptop to have that and drop box gives us about 75GB of cloud any help would be great thanks.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
where did you find skydrive i can't seem to locate it? if i could get that it would be awesome i used it with my windows phone 7 all the time and i use it on my laptop to have that and drop box gives us about 75GB of cloud any help would be great thanks.

Right now you will notice that you can send pictures to skydrive via the share options.

Also the office app I mentioned can read files from skydrive.

In the Google Market you will find Browser For Skydrive drive.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Woohoo!

ES File Explorer gained SkyDrive support today in the Market.
I've been using the beta for a week, and found it very stable and reliable.

Also it gains FTP Server capability for easier transfers to and from the phone.

Reactions: komeilkarimi