TuneIn Radio app help

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I've emailed their support team but haven't gotten a response yet and I thought someone here might have a solution. I'm unable to play radio streams over cellular network on the free and paid versions. It works great over wifi but nothing over network. I've deleted and reinstalled the app but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone else having the same issue or have a solution?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I've emailed their support team but haven't gotten a response yet and I thought someone here might have a solution. I'm unable to play radio streams over cellular network on the free and paid versions. It works great over wifi but nothing over network. I've deleted and reinstalled the app but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone else having the same issue or have a solution?

Works for me.

You sure you didn't toggle off Mobile Network in settings?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps... I can't find a network toggle in the app's settings menu however. Where exactly is it? I appreciate your help

Its not in the App, its in Android
Settings , then under Wireless and Networks you will see Mobile Network. (4th down).
There is a toggle at the end of that line. If it is off, you get no data unless you are on wifi. (But then I would expect you would have noticed you couldn't use a web browser either).

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
my problem with this app is i got the paid pro version of it and i have adds what did i pay for if adds are still interrupting the music i can listen to free radio if thats the case and i get no answer from them i a wrong in thinking like this?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
my problem with this app is i got the paid pro version of it and i have adds what did i pay for if adds are still interrupting the music i can listen to free radio if thats the case and i get no answer from them i a wrong in thinking like this?

According to the description in t market, the pro version allows things like recording of radio programs, and mentioned nothing about ads.
The ads are broadcast by the radio station, and you will hear them just like a real transistor radio. Tune in does not strip out ads.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

By the way; adds is a verb, and ads is a noun.

Reactions: nokia4life

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
According to the description in t market, the pro version allows things like recording of radio programs, and mentioned nothing about ads.
The ads are broadcast by the radio station, and you will hear them just like a real transistor radio. Tune in does not strip out ads.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

By the way; adds is a verb, and ads is a noun.

thats what i get for not reading all the way through i guess i was thinking like a pandora type thing if you pay for something that is already free the adds would be removed thanks again dude. :p

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Pandora just streams music for you - it pretty much creates a playlist based on what you tell it you want to hear. TuneIn plays real radio stations that you would hear in your car or wherever you had an AM/FM radio turned on. It's worth noting that it plays these from the internet streams available not from the actual AM/FM broadcast.

i.e. I find that my sports radio station (790 The Ticket) broadcasts fewer ads in their internet stream and fills some of that ad space with old/funny content. It's also about 1 minute delayed compared to the live AM radio stream - though the live content is exactly the same.

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm at a loss.. This is a "must have" application for me. Guess I will check with TuneIn directly again and see if they can help me with the issue

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Will do ice. The problem I've had in the past is the station I want to listen to isn't available, but will look into it. I actually got an answer from them today.

Thank you for contacting us. What stations are nor playing for you? We're investigating an issue where users are unable to play stations in certain formats (wma) while on 3 G with particular carriers. Thank you for your patience as we work on this issue.

Looks like it's a known issue and they wee working on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37