Signal Problem/Issues

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So i made the jump...left verizon for at&t and just picked this phone up on tuesday. Being my 3rd android phone this is by far and away the best i've had. Ive had one slight issue and its happened twice now. I found while i'm at work (not the greatest signal) my phone will show that i am connected via 4g hpsa but nothing happens. I cant make a call, send text, or check voicemail, surf web....nada...It shows 2 or 3 bars but if i try and make a call i hear nothing, its almost like the unit gets hung up. Then i restart the phone and it seems to resolve the issue.Its happened twice now, kinda weird. Also i noticed one the other day i was hooked up via wifi at my house with a great signal but couldnt do anything web related...Im not sure if this is the wifi issue people have been talking about. Is there any number i can call to make sure im connected to the best towers, like i remember on verizon you could dial *228 and it was kinda like a diagnostic call...Any ideas or help would be great

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm having this same thing happen. 4G-LTE with 2 bars but yet data doesn't seem to be working.. shows the little signal things moving indicating its trying to send/receive but nothings going on..

ndc

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had something similar today. I was in class all day so I used Setting Profiles to turn everything off. When I got back to my phone I found I could make calls, but couldn't sync data. Eventually I went into Settings and noticed that the Mobile Data was turned off. I turned it back on and everything synced. I'll have to see if this happens again.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try that. If that doesn't work do a factory reset. That seems to have resolved some issues for people (but shouldn't be necessary, that's another story though :p )

Wickedone82

May 10, 2012
Visit site
where i live the signal in my house isnt the best but it always worked on my iphone4 . however with the HOX i find that after a while it will go to no signal at all. its the bars with a line through it .. so i have no idea that i can receive calls or anything. only way to get it to work is do a restart..

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
where i live the signal in my house isnt the best but it always worked on my iphone4 . however with the HOX i find that after a while it will go to no signal at all. its the bars with a line through it .. so i have no idea that i can receive calls or anything. only way to get it to work is do a restart..

Are you sure AT&T set your sim up correctly? Might pay to take it back and grouse.