phone nymber on messgaes

jake8188

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Every time I text my friend that is on tmobile their.phone number shows up on every message they send. They have a galaxy s 2. Is there any way to remove it

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Every time I text my friend that is on tmobile their.phone number shows up on every message they send. They have a galaxy s 2. Is there any way to remove it

Your problem statement is pretty obscure, so help us out here:

Did you mean:

Every time your friend texts you, it shows up in the Messages app as a phone number, and not a name?
OR
Every text you receive from your friend in the Productivity Lock Screen shows up with a phone number and not a name?

Have you taken a look at your friend's Contacts Entry to make sure you have it entered with all the digits, and a proper name filled in? If the phone can't match a text message to an address book entry it just dumps out the number.

Exception: The productivity lock screen has a bug that makes it not able to match a number to a phone book entry that has dashes or Parenthesis in it. Wait for a fix, use a different lock screen widget, or remove all such characters form your contacts.

If I've guessed what you are complaining about totally wrong post back with a better description.

jake8188

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It is neither. Their name shows up but in the message bubble it will show 8883554321 (mobile): then the message everytime.

dondabomb523

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I too have noticed this issue. It frustrated me a tad but after some research and thinking I have come to realize it only happens with the contacts who have more than one phone number. Those contacts with multiple numbers listed in their contact info will show the number on the text. Give it a shot and see if you agree with this thought process.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I too have noticed this issue. It frustrated me a tad but after some research and thinking I have come to realize it only happens with the contacts who have more than one phone number. Those contacts with multiple numbers listed in their contact info will show the number on the text. Give it a shot and see if you agree with this thought process.

You're right. Contacts with multiple numbers have a single message thread, so that's why the relevant number is shown when you receive a text. Contracts with only one number don't show anything.

Hope this helps

Sent from my International HTC One X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith