Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jake8188's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default phone nymber on messgaes

    Every time I text my friend that is on tmobile their.phone number shows up on every message they send. They have a galaxy s 2. Is there any way to remove it
    bb8830->evo4g->blackberry bold -> htc arrive -> iPhone 4s -> hopefully one x
  2. #2  
    shikem's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

    Default Re: phone nymber on messgaes

    That drives me crazy too.
    Bump!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: phone nymber on messgaes

    Quote Originally Posted by jake8188 View Post
    Every time I text my friend that is on tmobile their.phone number shows up on every message they send. They have a galaxy s 2. Is there any way to remove it
    Your problem statement is pretty obscure, so help us out here:

    Did you mean:

    Every time your friend texts you, it shows up in the Messages app as a phone number, and not a name?
    OR
    Every text you receive from your friend in the Productivity Lock Screen shows up with a phone number and not a name?

    Have you taken a look at your friend's Contacts Entry to make sure you have it entered with all the digits, and a proper name filled in? If the phone can't match a text message to an address book entry it just dumps out the number.

    Exception: The productivity lock screen has a bug that makes it not able to match a number to a phone book entry that has dashes or Parenthesis in it. Wait for a fix, use a different lock screen widget, or remove all such characters form your contacts.

    If I've guessed what you are complaining about totally wrong post back with a better description.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    jake8188's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Re: phone nymber on messgaes

    It is neither. Their name shows up but in the message bubble it will show 8883554321 (mobile): then the message everytime.
    bb8830->evo4g->blackberry bold -> htc arrive -> iPhone 4s -> hopefully one x
  5. #5  

    Default Re: phone nymber on messgaes

    Hello, I too have noticed this issue. It frustrated me a tad but after some research and thinking I have come to realize it only happens with the contacts who have more than one phone number. Those contacts with multiple numbers listed in their contact info will show the number on the text. Give it a shot and see if you agree with this thought process.
  6. #6  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dondabomb523 View Post
    Hello, I too have noticed this issue. It frustrated me a tad but after some research and thinking I have come to realize it only happens with the contacts who have more than one phone number. Those contacts with multiple numbers listed in their contact info will show the number on the text. Give it a shot and see if you agree with this thought process.
    You're right. Contacts with multiple numbers have a single message thread, so that's why the relevant number is shown when you receive a text. Contracts with only one number don't show anything.

    Hope this helps

    Sent from my International HTC One X.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    Contracts with only one number don't show anything.
    Not even a Name?



    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Not even a Name?



    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I meant they show a name, no unnecessary numbers.

    Sent from my International HTC One X.

Posting Permissions

B