Email Sound Notification while on a call?

Siberianhusky

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Is there a way to be notified via sound that you have a new email while on the the phone. I use speaker phone alot during the day and, I need to know instantly as emails arrive. I have tried every app and spent almost a week trying to solve this issue to no avail. This is the 1st phone I have ever owned that has not performed this function. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I know it works on a headset or bluetooth, but I can see perfectly well why it might not on speaker phone. Boss wouldn't be too impresses if Love Shack started playing in his ear while he was on a call to you.

Pretty sure vibrate still works on speaker, but quite frankly I seldom use speaker.

Siberianhusky

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If it works properly, no one will hear the email sound but you, it works the same as a text message as it uses the same sounds. The text makes a sound with a 3rd party app so the phone has the capability to do so. Vibrate does not work either with the stock apps, and a headset has failed as well. Can't comment on bluetooth, since I don't use it. Just very suprised as this is one of the most basic things, and there is no setting for it. Lite flow actually has a setting for it but it doesn't work.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My previous blackberry and palm pre had this feature. We're on android 4.x, and this is still a no-show. I get pages via sms, and I'm clueless about them if I happen to be on a voice call. And to who ever uses the speakerphone option instead of Bluetooth while on a call with me...you annoy me and I'd like to dole out a hammerfist for you.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
A headset has failed as well?

Precisely what does that mean? Has failed?

It works every single time for me. This is my normal mode of operation.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Siberianhusky

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Venious, sms sounds will come through fine while on a call. I use go sms pro, there is a setting to have notification while on call. As for disdain, for speaker phone call most don't even know im on speaker since its in a quiet office.

Ice- Failed means it does not work for me, I get no notification of the email. Im looking for the same sound as I get when im not on the call. My headset is old and cheap and I don't use it but tried it out and it was a no go. My old bluetooth would beep, the same for a email text or incoming call, thats not good enough, i need a distinctive sound for each, like any other device in the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo