Close Focus Disappointment

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Having come from an HTC Nexus One, the one thing I miss is the close focus capability of the camera. You just can't get as close with the HOX, and for some types of shots it becomes difficult.

Yes, you can use zoom, and there is enough resolution in the camera to get away with that most of the time.

But bar code scanning gets really tricky, Especially for the smaller size of bars. I use this all the time to manage the Grocery List with Mighty Grocery. Out of hot sauce, scan the jar and its on the list, syncs with all our phones, so whoever goes shopping has the current list.

Its difficult. Mighty Grocery calls a bar code scanner (any one of several in the market) and none of them can drive this camera to its closest focus, and none of them can use the zoom feature to compensate.

You just can't get any of these bar code scanners operate reliably.

But I'm also that guy who has his phone in all sorts of places documenting things and its a drag having to run back to get the Nexus One because my daily driver can't focus close enough.

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this as well. I have a lime tree and I tried to get a close up of the blooms and couldn't manage it. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i just got the phone today and after reading this post i tested it out, i found that i am able to focus up close with some things and unable to with others. i tried focusing up close on my desktop keyboard and was unable to get a clear image but focusing on some documents on my desk it was just fine. maybe it has to do with the lighting? my keyboard is a bit glossy. guess we just have to wait for the updates to roll out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae