does anyone else have these problems?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So I have read many posts about people having problems... but none seem to be what I am having..

I came from an atrix 4g.. a horrible phone, replaced 4 times within 3 months.. now I stuck with att for this phone... now I hardly receive texts.. and the ones I do are time stamped for 30 minutes ago.. but I read those problems, before this.. I couldn't dial text or receive... it was well, interesting... A phone that I thought would be a fantastic android device, I bought this instead of the Sammy three...

then there's the data... I for some reason loose data out of no where, I found this out with Pandora streaming in my car... it looses service out of no where, but in reality I have full bars, and then! After the song it has to buffer and reload.... Effed up! I see nobody complaining about these...

I.have a question tho any one else having this?

I'm thinking of replacing it, or just flat out returning it and waiting for the s3..
Don't get me wrong this phone is fantastic! Battery is actually amazing and lasts quite long.

Reactions: poolman#AC

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
so you have had no phone service, no texting and no data but the phone is fantastic?

I am guessing something is wrong internally and would get a replacement to see if you still have the issues

wrecked77

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Make sure att setup your sim card right...other than the WiFi issue mine is amazing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Lots of people are having the data drop. It's stupid frustrating. I pickup my phone to show friends, 2-4 bars of LTE and no data!? have to airplane mode to get it back.

This ONLY happens on LTE, when it's in HSPA+(4G) it works fine.. slower, but works fine.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are having issues as I did... read the att version bugs thread post at the top of the forum.... Then I would suggest getting the device swapped out for a new one. I too had the testing issues, constant signal changing, and problems receiving or placing calls. The folks at att that I dealt with were pleasant and quickly exchanged the device for me... No problems at all now. :)

poolman#AC

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I loose Data all the time as soon as I go to airplane mode toggle on/off it works again what a pain called at&t and HTC they were unaware of the issue other than WiFi wish I new what was up.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
maybe the data drop is ATT its funny that both the lumia and now this phone have data connect issues with LTE both are new LTE devices just my thoughts

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I tried the Airplane mode and no avail. Im going to swap the phone out at my Target Store (i got it there).

But I have yet to even try LTE. lol, I am in New York, just Further East on Long Island than the City.

Also, the Phone is FANTASTIC, just the Data drop's and the loss of Communication with ATT's services.. When on WiFi i have no problem with data. Its weird. (to conserve battery i keep the widgets on my 2nd home screen, and turn EVERYTHING off when im at work - but i should still get text's and phone calls.)