Is the ATT branded HTC One X APN settings unlocked so that you can change them?

Red Pocket/Strait Talk/GoPhone + HTC One X + ATT SIM card = Cheap service!

Toying around with this idea...

Thanks for the answer!
    05-14-2012 09:58 AM
    Is the ATT branded HTC One X APN settings unlocked so that you can change them?

Red Pocket/Strait Talk/GoPhone + HTC One X + ATT SIM card = Cheap service!

Toying around with this idea...

Thanks for the answer!
    Negative. It's locked.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    05-14-2012 11:09 AM
    Damn it! Thanks Phil! I had thought that they had been unlocked. Guessing I was wrong! So an ATT branded One X will not work all that well on Strait talk then.

Thanks again for the help!
    05-14-2012 11:52 AM
    Can you add APN settings or is it locked out to where you can not mess with it?
    05-14-2012 12:18 PM
    The HTC One X can be unlocked and used on any GSM prepaid service. Once unlocked, You can then configure the APN settings to whichever carrier you are using. I'm currently using my One X on Red Pocket and have full 4G internet and MMS.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    05-24-2012 06:42 AM
    Yup I ended up getting one but on ATT contact for now! Its awesome that you can add APNs without even unlocking the phone. Works right out of the box!

Thanks for the info though! It may help others in the future!
    05-24-2012 07:31 AM
    Just bought an AT&T HTC One X from Best Buy. So, which sim card should I purchase from Straight Talk for everything to work, including MMS? Thanks!
    06-24-2012 07:18 PM
    I set up the Exchange sync and email and contacts are working fine, but the calendar is not working. When I go into menu and hit refresh it says that authentification failed. We have Exchange 2003, would that make a difference for corporate calendar sync? Any one with knowledge of exchange have any thoughts before I contact our IT guys on Monday?
    straighttalksim.com

Sent from my HTC Vivid
    06-24-2012 07:26 PM
    Can you add APN settings or is it locked out to where you can not mess with it?
    Yes you can add APN settings. That is how you can disable 4g
    06-24-2012 07:51 PM
    The HTC One X can be unlocked and used on any GSM prepaid service. Once unlocked, You can then configure the APN settings to whichever carrier you are using. I'm currently using my One X on Red Pocket and have full 4G internet and MMS.
    Just bought an AT&T HTC One X from Best Buy and inserted ATT compatible micro sim from Straight Talk. Please give specific detailed instructions on how to go about making data and MMS work. I'm a total NOVICE, so you'll have to be specific, PLEASE! I don't even know where to start... Thanks so much!
    07-01-2012 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD