An unfair test : HTC One X !!!!!!

Jerry Tseng

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Its no denying that GS3 perform better in processor and batterylife and many others .
But the test is UNFAIR.
At least the camera test is.

Link:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759p5.php

You might say that GS3's camera beats OneX .

However,if you look more carefully, you'll find something strange.

Look at my attachment.

They weren't take in the same time.
Not even the same day(Look at the trees,dont tell me that GS3 would make leaves germinate)

How can you compair camera with such many different condition.

edit - I removed the link because it was broke - mclarryjr

Last edited:

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I looked over all the pics and I feel they are evenly matched. There are trade-offs and the scale tips back-n-forth from one aspect to another but the samples they produced with the zoomed-in images does show the GS3 providing better detail and less noise during well-lit outdoor shots while the One X outperforms in low-light indoor. I would like to have seen all the images before they were zoomed-in but from what I have seen I don't think the average consumer is going to be able to tell the difference. That's a "die-hard" comparison.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Its no denying that GS3 perform better in processor and batterylife and many others .
But the test is UNFAIR.
At least the camera test is.

Link:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759p5.php

You might say that GS3's camera beats OneX .

However,if you look more carefully, you'll find something strange.

Look at my attachment.

They weren't take in the same time.
Not even the same day(Look at the trees,dont tell me that GS3 would make leaves germinate)

How can you compair camera with such many different condition.

edit - I removed the link because it was broke - mclarryjr

The 1x and S2 pics must've been from their original reviews, back in March and 2011. Hence the missing 'leaves'.
Cheap shot by GSM ARENA to put different photos shot with a month's gap between em.

Sent from my International HTC One X.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Instead of comparing the camera shots from the past (X) to now (S3), what they should have done was take a whole NEW set of pics from both at the same time.

At least they tried to match up the areas and daytime. :-[

Looks like the jury's still out on the camera comparison.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Laughable, and a truly low blow. The only camera comparisons I've seen is one posted a while back. The pics were of the same subject, and it was agreed in the thread that the One X clearly won. However, it wasn't quite clear if that was the final Samsung hardware. I really want to see an accurate camera comparison between the two.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is the best we're going to get from a lot of sites. It's impossible to do comparisons between every phone next to each other. Review units get sent back.
Light boxes might be best case for these. Otherwise wait until sites get these next to each other. Pretty sure AC will have a side by side.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is the best we're going to get from a lot of sites. It's impossible to do comparisons between every phone next to each other. Review units get sent back.
Light boxes might be best case for these. Otherwise wait until sites get these next to each other. Pretty sure AC will have a side by side.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I disagree, they shouldn't be comparing if its not done correctly,

They even wrote a paragraph on the HOX not having Gorilla Glass 2, just to write that the SGS3 can bring its screen closer giving better viewing angles and quality, which was all utter nonsense as the HOX does have Gorilla Glass 2.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I disagree, they shouldn't be comparing if its not done correctly,

They even wrote a paragraph on the HOX not having Gorilla Glass 2, just to write that the SGS3 can bring its screen closer giving better viewing angles and quality, which was all utter nonsense as the HOX does have Gorilla Glass 2.

HTC came out and said that it's not Gorilla Glass 2, but is the original Gorilla Glass. If you have a reputable link to a statement from HTC saying that it's GG2 I'll gladly take it.

"done correctly" using the same scene, as close to the same time of year, with very close weather conditions is considered "done correctly" when comparing cameras. Otherwise we'd never have comparisons between high-end DSLR's that are released many years apart. Like I also said, perhaps a light box with a more controlled environment should also be used. Anandtech does this, and it works well.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
HTC came out and said that it's not Gorilla Glass 2, but is the original Gorilla Glass. If you have a reputable link to a statement from HTC saying that it's GG2 I'll gladly take it.

"done correctly" using the same scene, as close to the same time of year, with very close weather conditions is considered "done correctly" when comparing cameras. Otherwise we'd never have comparisons between high-end DSLR's that are released many years apart. Like I also said, perhaps a light box with a more controlled environment should also be used. Anandtech does this, and it works well.

your proof.

b0fd8450-cf50-8fef.jpg

As for GSMarenas photos, they are bias as we all own HTC ONE X's here, and none of our pictures are as poor as they have shown.

Comparisons on android central, and even a YouTube video (tech radar I think) that show the HOX camera to be far superior over the SGS3.

f2.0 aperture, 28mm with dedicated image processing chip, (& proximity sensor multi-stage flash too)
Or f2.6 aperture, 3.7mm with no raw image processing chip

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Definitely agree about the camera hardware...but the dedicated imaging chip doesn't guarantee a better picture. It just guarantees a consistent picture from one device to the next, because the ISP isn't dependent on the SoC.

As for the tweet, I've seen tweets that were just plain wrong. I'm hoping they release a statement on it at some point in the near future. Either way, the display is awesome and it appears that stuff just floats on it. :)