Home buttons question

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my first one x last night due to some camera issues, but other than that I had no problems with it. So, last night when I got the new one, I messed with the camera and some other functions just to make sure there wasn't anything obviously wrong with it before I left Radio Shack,and it seemed to check out. When I got home and was setting it up and I noticed that my home buttons were sometimes lit, and other times not....seemed to come on sometimes when I woke it up and other times not, even when I was doing several tasks that required using the home buttons. My question is: should the home buttons come on and stay on everytime the screen is on, and if they are not lighting up normally, is it petty to want to return this one as well? I'm thinking that if there is any small problem, then there may be an even bigger issue ready to show itself at a later date. When should the home buttons light up and when should they not?

cd36

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Itbis based off the light sensor. Here is a test:

Next time you notice the home buttons aren't lit up cover the entire space between the top of the screen and the top.of the phone. If you have auto dim on you will notice your screen get dark and button lights turn on.

I guess it saves battery but I would rather always have them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, it just seems to be inconsistant. It should light up in a dark room right? I'll conduct a few tests before I assume there is a problem. I have noticed that the volume output on this is much louder than the other one. Interesting how each phone can be slightly different ( better or for worse).

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It does appear to come on and go off by covering the sensors, so I guess I had gotten a little paranoid. I absolutely love the One X so far, and think HTC put out a great product.
Thanks for the replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2