This phone doesn't just have bugs, it's garbage

justinkk2005

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I'll be returning it first thing in the morning.

• I have to airplane mode on/off every 5 minutes to use data
  • Wi-Fi is atrocious
  • Apps load slow, SpeedTest even loads slow, I have to restart the phone because widgets constantly freeze
  • Battery life sucks
  • Text messages will not send unless I airplane mode on/off or restart the phone
  • Calls Drop with every phone call, and no it's not the network, my iPhone NEVER dropped calls

I tried to get away from Apple, but this is the very reason I went back to them in the first place. I'll be back when there's a stable android release that doesn't crash/freeze up every 5 minutes.

I've had the phone a little over 24 hours and to me, it's a huge disappointment.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

justinkk2005

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Troll? I've never had any of these problems lol. Fair well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

What proof do you need? Please allow me to prove you wrong.. I have a White One X sitting right in front of me and i'm on the phone with AT&T "troubleshooting" listening to some idiot who has no idea what he's talking about tell me that the reason i'm experiencing data issues is because i'm not in an LTE area? HAHA

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I guessing you have a lemon and I'm sure AT&T would give you a replacement since you just got the phone. I'm sure even the iphone has had a few lemons ;)

And your phone maybe garbage but not all of them.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a lot of text and mms issues when i first got mine coming from a I4S. But then i realized the issue was that all my contacts had iphones, so they all had been trying to send and receive text and mms via Ichat, once my wife disabled ichat in our chats and changed my phone type on her iphone top a non iphone text and mms worked perfectly.

Aside from that i have a huge blue tooth issue that is a deal breaker for me, i'll be taking my one x back. :(

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had the issue of WiFi, mms, and slow loading of apps. It seems HTC moving slower than what Nokia did when.they had issues it took one week and the fix was out. I like this phone so I hope they get a fix before next month maybe this is why att website had the hox out of stock could be updating firmware.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, interesting...

I am concerned about the 'multi-tasking' side of things; in particular using IM (GTalk)...

This concerns me as well. Can't even run slacker in the background without it closing. but I do trust in HTC to fix things more than other manufacturers especially Samsung. Thunderbolt was pretty rough when I first got it but after a few rounds of updates it became a very solid phone. Being that this is HTC's flagship for the near future I predict they are going to be quick to take care of any issues.

drits

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have never had one issue with this phone.. just wanted to throw my vote into the ring.. I am not denying that you may be having these issues but I am not.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never had one issue with this phone.. just wanted to throw my vote into the ring.. I am not denying that you may be having these issues but I am not.

That's great I wish I could say the same but this still is a good phone.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a lot of text and mms issues when i first got mine coming from a I4S. But then i realized the issue was that all my contacts had iphones, so they all had been trying to send and receive text and mms via Ichat, once my wife disabled ichat in our chats and changed my phone type on her iphone top a non iphone text and mms worked perfectly.

Aside from that i have a huge blue tooth issue that is a deal breaker for me, i'll be taking my one x back. :(

I reccommend you read this and follow the instructions there. Unless you unregister your phone with apple, ANYONE with an iPhone may have trouble contacting you through text message. If you also still have your iPhone 4S, there should be an option under settings to turn off iMessage, which you should do to.

For the first few days I had my phone, I wasn't getting texts from my wife. Well, I was, but sometimes it was an hour later, sometimes it was a day later, and sometimes not at all. When I booted up my old iPhone, a whole bunch of iMessages from the last few days came through. It's a problem on Apple's end.

Imjrb3

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I had weighed in last week with the myriad issues I experienced with my One X. Text message alerts, processing errors, contact management and, most annoying, 2-3 forced restarts per day. I had my fill come Saturday morning when the phone bricked itself while sitting on a table, displaying the message "Sense is not responding. "

So, I took it back to ATT. And swapped it for a brand new..... HTC One X. And guess what? I have had no issues whatsoever. The device has been everything I hoped it would be when I decided to leave my iphone. Apple still provides slicker looking apps but I'm loving Android and ICS and look forward to exploring it more.

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
You may be correct about THIS phone. Do yourself a favor and exchange it for a new one before you succumb. Some devices (including those from Apple) come off the line FUBAR. I'm not experiencing any of those issues with mine.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for exchanging it... haven't had any of these problems, neither have the majority of HOX users, you are very much in the minority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36