HTC sense and widgets gone after rooting. How do I get it back?

mrhappi79

May 16, 2012
Visit site
So I had my coworker make some 'tweaks' including rooting my One X. I didn't notice until now but it seems that HTC Sense is gone. I found out when I tried to change the clock widget and was unable to find the clock widget. Here is what I've noted after rooting:

-Long pressing on the homescreen brings up a list of four option such as widgets, shortcuts, and wallpapers. This list of widgets does not include any of the HTC Sense widgets such as the clock.
-Long pressing an existing item on the homescreen only shows 'remove' option on top, instead of edit and remove.
-The app drawer displays the tabs on the top instead of bottom. These tabs include Apps, Downloads, and Widgets. Again, the widgets found in this tab do not include HTC Sense ones.

I'm not going to see him for a while and I'm not sure exactly what he did to my phone. I want to know how I can get back the following items:

-HTC widgets, including clock, bookmarks, etc.
-Long pressing homescreen brings up a list of widget options.
-Long pressing an item will give me the option to edit and remove on the top of the screen.
-App drawer to display with the options on the botton, again like it did before.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: HTC sense and widgets gone after rooting. How do I get it bac

Sounds like you are using a different launcher. Are u using nova apex or another launcher? If u are then you will need to delete those and your HTC launcher will return

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87